Castaways getting hitched 4/2012!

Flowers are now a problem again. The tropical bouquet might be too pink... what to do?? DF has a great relationship with Shanda so he's going to call her and hopefully request-NO PINK!

DF is here!!! So we have 1 week to fill out the 17 pages of paperwork, get all our certificates copied, and finish our favors before he leaves again. The next time we see each other will be when we apply for the marriage license on Wed before the wedding.

The favors are getting closer to being done. I can't wait for them to be 100% done. I'm ready to relax and not worry about that anymore.

I sent Tracey home to Barcelona last week so the countdown until we see each other again is ON! :goodvibes

I will have pictures up hopefully this weekend of the rest of the secret favors and very soon of the ones my mom has been working on.

I hope everyone had a great holiday. We did and we're looking forward to getting married in 2 & 1/2 months!!!! :banana:

WoW! Just noticed your ticker! You are getting very close to Wedding Day! I am so excited for you! I know how absolutely wonderful your Castaway Cay wedding will be!

Thanks Lisa! We're counting down the days! 69 til we set sail so...71 until we're on the beach saying I DO!!!

So DF called Shanda and asked if we could request no or little pink-not possible. So we came up with the idea of bringing extra flowers on board that match my sister's bouquet and if there's too much pink, I'll just take some of the pink out and add my own back in! A little complicated, yes, but then I get what I want! :thumbsup2

Ok so now for the favors:

These are for the over 3 crowd. They are Mr Potato Heads we got at Downtown Disney when we went last year. There are 4 kiddos (2 boys 2 girls) so each got either a Mr or Mrs PH. We really wanted to wrap them with pirate paper and ended up with tablecloths hoping they were skull and crossbones all over-no such luck- but they turned out really cool anyway!

084.jpg

083.jpg

Next are the gifts for our parents. Each set gets a statue and a picture frame.

068.jpg

081.jpg

I got this for my sister since she's been wanting one. I also attached 3 trout shaped cookie cutters to it since her hubby loves to fish!

077.jpg

Every room gets a bag with the family's name on it and a pirate magnet!

086.jpg

090.jpg

087.jpg

067.jpg

And last....This is our cake topper courtesy of FMIL! I love it, but DF is a blonde ;)

074.jpg

I love all your gifts and favors! So fun!

You're getting so close! I bet you're pumped!

Thanks Mrs Duck!

Just went to the post office and mailed out our paperwork to Shanda! It's done and I can't change my mind anymore! Now is the waiting part. We should be getting our official letter from our on board coordinator mid-Feb then our final payment in March. We're at 68 days til the cruise and 70 til CC!!!

I finished making our wedding ears today! They look awesome! I sewed ears onto a tophat since DF doesn't like the new ones as much as the old ones and changed out the veil on mine for a real veil from JoAnn's. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

On another note, I graduated to Mouseketeer on here! No long earning my ears! lol! :banana:

i just made it over here but I had the same request with the floral..I wanted jade roses instead of the pink/orange that seem to come with the tropical and white calla lilies. The entire bouquet came out amazing and soft..I love that I spoke up about changing it!

Which cruise will you be getting married on? I'm also an April 2012 Castaway Cay bride - getting married on the April 19th-22nd cruise, I'm excited!!

Which cruise will you be getting married on? I'm also an April 2012 Castaway Cay bride - getting married on the April 19th-22nd cruise, I'm excited!!

Congrats to you!! I'm on the April 1st sailing so our "official" date is April 3rd. Just got my 1st confirmation from Shanda today, so now it's really starting to set in!!!!!

Congrats to you!! I'm on the April 1st sailing so our "official" date is April 3rd. Just got my 1st confirmation from Shanda today, so now it's really starting to set in!!!!!

You got your confirmation today? How exciting!! We've got about 20+ days or so until we get ours. What is in the confirmation?

Would you happen to be taking Ground Transportation to the terminal or do you live nearby? On the planning guide it said to be at the terminal by 12pm, we're coming from Disney's Animal Kingdom & I doubt the bus will get us to the terminal by 12pm.

The confirmation just goes over all the details you turned in. The guest list, the song choices, the cake and flower choices... it's basically just a list for the wedding coordinator so they know all of your decisions. You just have to go through it and make any changes. I also got the budget remaining and the credit card authorization form.

We're taking ground transportation to the terminal. We're staying at the Radisson near the terminal so we don't have to get up super early and drive from home (Tampa) The first shuttle from our hotel leaves at 1030 so we're on that one with all of our stuff! I don't know how we're going to fit my dress, our luggage and our favors all on the bus and still be able to walk with them! I'd check with the lodge, if they know you need to be at the terminal by 12 I'm sure they'll set you up with an early transport. Disney has been very accommodating to us, especially since it's our wedding/honeymoon. There are also car services in the area that could pick you up.

Just popping in to say 1 1/2 months to go! :goodvibes The board for my cruise date is really taking off now since we're so close and they're making groups within groups and starting an FE. Wish I could join the FE, but with all the stuff I've done for favors, I'm pooped!

Everyone's got their room numbers now, and I've put my sister in charge of a "Welcome Aboard & Wave Phone/Room Numbers" letter. FSIL made magnets for all the rooms too!

Just got the last of the favors in on Tuesday and I need to put tags on all the bags for delivery. Next up, getting my dress back for my final fitting and then we're on the home stretch!!!

30 days until we set sail!!!! :yay::banana::yay:

On a side note, today was my last "official" day at work so I'm free to get crazy planner-like on the rest of the wedding stuff (not that there's anything left to plan)! It's all falling into place now! I'm so ready for this!!

30 days until we set sail!!!! :yay::banana::yay:

On a side note, today was my last "official" day at work so I'm free to get crazy planner-like on the rest of the wedding stuff (not that there's anything left to plan)! It's all falling into place now! I'm so ready for this!!

Yay!! I'm sooo excited for you! Just think how fast the past 30 days have gone!!

Our wedding is in 50 days, so 52 days until sailing! We got our confirmation last week, just need to pay the additional guest count and we're good to go! Oh, and mailing our welcome bags to the port. I can't believe it's coming up!!

I've got my final dress fitting today!! Unfortunately, no one can go with me, so I'm on my own. On the plus side though, I'm getting my dress back! I feel like doing what they did in one of the "Friends" episodes and just sitting around in it all day! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter