Castaways getting hitched 4/2012!

ccbride412

Mouseketeer
So I'm still VERY new to this DISboard (as you can tell), and after seeing all the awesome PJs going up, and following some of them, I figured I should start one too!
Sorry if it gets a little boring or long winded, I have a lot of details to figure out and for some reason, I don't want to bother Shanda this far out! On the other hand, Disney does so much of the hard work, I feel like I have nothing to plan! :scared1:

So about us:
My fiance and I met a long time ago through a pair of friends. We didn't even try to make it work then because I was dating someone and he was going away to grad school. I have to admit, I thought about him a little after my relationship ended, but c'est la vie! 7 years later, I got my chance thanks to a mutual friend.

Well, here we are almost 10 years later planning our CC wedding! We both grew up in FL and admittedly aren't HUGE Disney fans, but got the idea for a DCL wedding after visiting WDW and DL Paris (he proposed at the Eiffel Tower a few nights later on our 2 yr anniversay!). His sister and her family are DCL regulars and we've heard nothing but great stories about the service-it's Disney right?!

Also, we've kinda had this whole Cinderella/Prince Charming thing since we started dating, so it was only natural ;)

This is at Sleeping Beauty's castle at DL Paris! So Cold!

Our wedding planning has a little hiccup...he now lives in Spain and I'm still stateside, so I'm getting to do all the favors by myself-he's helped as much as he can though! OK, this has officially gotten really long! So long, for now! :bride:

So the pic didn't come up. I'll try again....if not could someone more tech savvy help? Thanks!

Yeah! Another Castaway Cay bride!! Congratulations and I will be following along!

So looking forward to reading about your plans! =) It's inspiring to see/hear about what other brides are doing! I'm getting married at CC after you (October 30, 2012) :goodvibes

So I checked out another CC wedding's pictures online a few days ago, and now I'm reconsidering whether I want the palm fronds and sea shells or not. They looked good and added some color, but I have to admit I was disappointed they didn't go all the way down the aisle. I mean for the price of them, I guess I expected more. I will have to leave this decision up to DF. He's better at getting what I want out of people! lol

Also on the list of possible major changes is our 1st dance song. I played it for my mom the other day and while her look of disapproval was loud and clear, I'm not really certain I'm in love with the lyrics for our wedding. So I'm thinking of changing it to "A Dream is A Wish..." DF is ok with it as long as the piano player is awesome. He has this idea that it's the piano man from the piano bar on board and if we make friends with him, he'll play the piano for us really well! :rolleyes1

So things are a little slow at the moment. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't work on any wedding stuff until AFTER I finished my photo albums from January when DF proposed, but I couldn't help it and snuck a little bit of work on the favors in!

We're doing a "treasure map" of CC with little characters all over it and a legend at the bottom to guide our guests to the wedding (we know that's what the CM is for, but its super cute!) A few weeks back we worked on a watermark for the back of the map and its awesome too. Now to get them together.....

My mom and sis are planning a surprise for all the families that are attending, but we're at a loss wondering if you can print your own pictures form your camera on board at Shutters. If not, we've got some stuff to figure out!

We also have bottles for our guests. Still working on that, but they're really neat so far. I still have to finish those.

So mush stuff left half done right now! I'll post pictures as soon as it starts coming together! In the meantime, if I'm slow to post, its because I haven't finished my photo album! ;)

Oh, if anyone knows, can you tell me if they let you print photos from your camera at shutters? I'll only need about 11 pictures! Thanks!

Preparing to move is sooo stressful! Packing up 28 years of memories this weekend in preparation for moving overseas after the wedding. :(

Unfortunately, all the packing means no wedding stuff until everything's clearer out! Maybe I'll sneak a little in tonight! My sister is planning a Little Black Dress party for my bachelorette party in a few weeks. It's starting to feel a little more real now. I think having planned it all out so far in advance, I've been feeling a little whatever lately. So since we're at less than 6 months now, the rush is on to get things finished!

Still have music, cake flavors, and wedding favors left to decide on. And flowers for the wedding party/parents or not? Maybe a need a few of those wasted months back!!! :rolleyes:

I'm not really having a pleasant day today because of a certain gym's cancellation policies so I'm planning to work on wedding stuff to get me out of my funk.

Last night I worked on our maps and to my surprise, my test map came out great! It needs a little tweaking, which DF has informed me we will work on together when he is here for Christmas. So that's one more thing to (almost) cross off the list! Once we get them exact, then its time to make them look officially old and like a pirate map!

Today, between packing, I plan to work on our bottles. I'm excited to try out a new technique of painting them in hopes that will work better then what I did before. I better not mess them up, I only have 12 and that's exactly how many I need! No room for mistakes!! :banana:

I can't lie, they're awesome! As soon as I can figure out how, I'll post a picture of them. DF doesn't want me to, he thinks someone will use our idea. I'm not against it, mine will be the best! lol

I can't lie, they're awesome! As soon as I can figure out how, I'll post a picture of them. DF doesn't want me to, he thinks someone will use our idea. I'm not against it, mine will be the best! lol

I can't wait to see pics of the maps. I bet they are great! It is good to start some things way out, that way you won't be stressed in the end.

I sent a LONG list of questions to Shanda on Monday about our Bahamian license, photo printing on board, a little problem with room noise (there's a board on here where you can find out what others have said about your room! and it turns out my mom and a groomsman have rooms right over the club that stay noisy really late) and most importantly-about cake and goodies! I had noticed a while back that the Disney website has listed things differently than the paperwork I originally got from Shanda. The website no longer lists the complimentary 8x10 photo, the cake service set as a gift, and the cake flavors have COMPLETELY changed! :eek: Now I'm trying to find out if we fall under the old stuff, or the the new stuff?!?

Unfortunately, DF is not here to share my frustration so I'll vent here-Shanda will be out of the office until 10/27!! I waited *forever* to ask her all these questions, and she's on vacation... boo. I'll live though. I have wedding favors to make! And to try to post pictures of online! We're getting M&M's (my to-be initials!) made with our picture, 4-2012/Bahamas, thank you, and "dreams do come true" on them also as favors for our guests but I have to wait til March to order those :sad1:

The only thing I can tell you is the cake flavors have changed and what is current is what is on the website. We got an email that they had changed and to disregard what was in our planning guide. :)

As for the cake serving set and picture, we don't know anything. A bride that was married last month still got the service set so they may just be doing it until they run out.

By the way, I posted about my shower on the wrong thread...I deleted it up above... I am not sure how I managed to do that!!! :confused3

It's ok Lisa! I figured you had accidentally posted here too! Thanks for the updates on the cake flavors. I asked Shanda, but all I got back from her was a "I'm looking into it" reply with "I'll be out of the office..." at the bottom.

You're getting so close! I can't wait til I'm as close as you! My stomach will be in knots for probably the entire last month...

First off, I want to thank you all for being so patient with me!

Welcome, pixiedust, freckledginger, goofy4ever, and mrsduck! Thank you for following along even though there's not much to see here! ;)

You asked for pictures and since I'm excited to share them (even of DF isn't) if I can get them uploaded, you're getting them! I worked all day to get the bottles done and I must say, they look just as cool as the maps!

The map!

megsb4312

It will have to be tweaked a little and there's a surprise on the back for our guests!

The bottles!

megsb4312

Each side is a different part of the wedding. "Castaway Cay" "Bahamas" April 2012" (where the 0 is Mickey's silhouette) and our initials. They're a little hard to make out without something inside of them though...

So that's it for now. 5 months left and I'm just about done with favors! Now I have to work on DF's wedding ears and mine! We're customizing ours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter