Castaway Club Gifts - Through the Years

Does membership apply to kids as well? Is there minimum age? So if an infant cruises with their parents, is the infant automatically a Castaway Club Member?

As long as you paid for their cruise it counts. My kids all are gold with us and we started when they were 3 and 6.

You only get one gift per state room though. We are 4 gold but only get one gift. If we had two staterooms then we would get two.

As long as you paid for their cruise it counts. My kids all are gold with us and we started when they were 3 and 6.

You only get one gift per state room though. We are 4 gold but only get one gift. If we had two staterooms then we would get two.

That's awesome! Had I know, I would've started mine sooner too. :p

I'm just hoping we get either the new ones or the old blue rucksack on this years med cruises. Last year we were all stuck with the old red bags, so we haven't even had chance for the blue rucksack yet. Really hope they have got rid of the old stock.

There was a mesh bag at some point as well.

I'm with MJ - bring back beach towels!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Does membership apply to kids as well? Is there minimum age? So if an infant cruises with their parents, is the infant automatically a Castaway Club Member?

Yep!!! Which is great. Our three kids are Platinum, Gold, Gold. Now that they are starting their families the DCL tradition can continue!!!

MJ

Yep!!! Which is great. Our three kids are Platinum, Gold, Gold. Now that they are starting their families the DCL tradition can continue!!! MJ

Yep - love that my 6.5 year old is Platinum (and only one was a 3-nighter)!

There was also a picture frame (Jan. 2001) which I don't have because the reservation person told me there was no reason to note my castaway number so on our second cruise - no pin, no room credit, no castaway gift and no party. I learned after that to always check.

Two other bags made an appearance too. One was a small poor quality tote - white with blue handles but it did come with 2 mesh bags inside that were useful. The other was a nice gymbag - black with red trim.

Although I was most excited about the towels we've never used them. The red/black beach bag and blue backpacks have gotten a lot of use though. Both on cruises and at home.

On our Med cruise the CC gift was the leather passport holder pictured in an earlier post.

Was it this one?
271373701019_1_0_1.jpg

Here is a pic I took of the CC Beach Towel which I actually wish they would bring back. They could add all the ship names to it!!

50699254MYmhzE_fs_zpsf70df213.jpg

And I don't remember what year this CC gift was (early DCL) from but I LOVE this bag and still use it all the time. It has large straps that fit over your shoulder. t is large and has a zippered closure and a zippered bottom compartment (bottom 1/8 oft he bag) that I like to put things in.

2948968330037669762cNmgjA_fs_zps16f546f1.jpg

Many of the gifts were around for more than a year or two....the towels were around for quite a bit as we acquired several. They are wearing thin now and would love some more.

MJ

Love the look of all of these. We liked the drawstring totes and have gotten a lot of use out of the backpacks.

I remember for the 2007 WBTA the gift was nice and small a leather passport wallet with the a DCL logo on it.

3342112836_6552d4898c_z_d.jpg

Actually leather!? Nice!

We received wooden DCL frames as our gold gift on our B2B this November.

I was trying to remember all the main gifts (not snacks, keychains, etc...) and what years they were given out. Since I've had some big gaps between my cruises, feel free to add any I've missed. I may have 2008 and 2011 mixed up.

2011 - Bag
m0tT4beb0gS1fIC-Cm8bRJg.jpg

Sandy, we got this bag on our 2010 cruises, as well as our 2011 ones.

We got a white cotton bag (similar to your first blue bag you posted) on our 2007 cruise. It was really poorly made as it fell apart quite quickly. The red and black squarish bag we got in 2008 as well and a red mesh one one 2010 and the blue backpack 2012.

We also got a nice "our apologies" disney plastic backpack (great for carry wet swim wear) with a chip and dale and an XO game and book because our stateroom was so noisy.

Can't wait to see what we get in April 2014!!!

Was it this one?
271373701019_1_0_1.jpg

We got two of these back in 2006 and to this day, I LOVE THEM! I bring it back to DW every year and use it every day at the pools. Love the outside side pocket for my cell phone. I like it better than the backpack!

14+-+1

Received this bag in 2008 along with the large square red & black one. It's a perfect beach bag, as you can shake all the sand right out! Incidentally, we received this CC gift on our first cruise--we were somehow marked in their system as past cruisers. :thumbsup2

Yep - love that my 6.5 year old is Platinum (and only one was a 3-nighter)!

I loved reading this as our 4 year old is platinum already as well. On our last cruise we were checking in and the CM was talking to us and getting the lanyards and in the middle getting a different lanyard for our daughter was like oh she is platinum too.

DCL is really just the best family vacation and pretty much the only type of vacation we go on.

The red bag was nice and we accumulated quite a few of these as well as the backpacks. We'll miss the backpack as a gift, hopefully we get an intact tote next week on the magic.

Received this bag in 2008 along with the large square red & black one. It's a perfect beach bag, as you can shake all the sand right out! Incidentally, we received this CC gift on our first cruise--we were somehow marked in their system as past cruisers. :thumbsup2

I'd love one of those bags for that exact reason!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter