Caryn and Mark PJ- SBP/LSS/PI >>>>>>AND WE'RE OFF<<<<<<

don't laugh at my picture of my picture...my scanner isn't working, here is my pic of the pic...

100_0125.jpg

in other news, i am trying to convince df that we need to have dancing at the wedding...i don't know what we're going to do for all that time if we dont' have dancing...so the sales process has begun. i originally didn't want dancing, i don't want to have a "first dance/father daughter dance etc..." that's too much, but we need to give these people SOMETHING to do during the reception and they only serve food for 1.5 hours!

i have finalized our programs, and now i just have to print them and buy the rest of the insert paper for them. this is a great thing, because i just want them to be done! we have our phone planning session exactly one week from tomorrow...

i'm considering dyeing my crinoline...i think it's boring being white...i'm thinking of dyeing it truffle, the color of my maids dresses, but i'm scared that it will show through the dress. my mother is totally against this idea btw...

That engagement photo is gorgeous. Seriously, it's simple and timeless and you both look great. Our engagement photo session is tomorrow. I hope we get at least one that is as good as yours.

Have you considered a caricature artist? I am not sure what it costs at WDW, but we looked into one for our AZ wedding. I understand what you mean about dancing. Honestly, we didn't think we wanted it either. But we knew we wanted some sort of music piped in. And my dad had asked me about the father/daughter dance. Then I found a great price on a DJ. So, yes, there will be some dancing. But we aren't going to make it the focus. At least now I don't feel like everyone will just be sitting around waiting for it to be over. They can dance if they want to. Unless I miraculously find an extra $500 for the caricature artist, we are just going to stick with the DJ.

I don't know much about how to dye clothing, but if my dress needed a crinoline, I would be all over it. I think it's an excellent burst of unexpected color. Didn't JaxTeach dye hers blue? If hers didn't show through her dress, maybe yours wouldn't either. But your other color is yellow/gold right? You could always dye it that color if you are worried. Plus, then it wouldn't be too far off from white and maybe your mom would approve.

I'd rather not wear "hair jewelry" isn't shoe jewelry enough?? Meg, get cheap pearl earrings from Claire's. They make them for sensitive skin and they are nice looking. I like that pic very much Caryn. I am going to go to Boardwalk and Downtown Disney this weekend to pick up some stuff to bring to you next weekend. I will look for a drawing of SBP that you can use for your guest book. The BM dresses are in, I'm either going to have mine shipped here (I just moved to Tampa this week) or I'll have Mom bring it to me when she comes for Thanksgiving.

Well I like the picture too. I think its pretty and I understand where your coming from with your hair. I like it VB short!! But for the wedding it has to be long so you can do something with it but I say while were still in disney he day after the wedding we set up a nice Caryn needs to cut her hair short appt. I wouldnt do anything to your wedding dress caryn, mom might freak and you and lin dont live with her if you know what i mean!!!!!! :headache: So, Lin, I really want to wear hair jewels... You dont have to wear them but id really like to. It would make us different so i think if you dont want to you shouldnt have to and ill wear them for both of us :thumbsup2 okay? good!

don't laugh at my picture of my picture...my scanner isn't working, here is my pic of the pic...

100_0125.jpg

in other news, i am trying to convince df that we need to have dancing at the wedding...i don't know what we're going to do for all that time if we dont' have dancing...so the sales process has begun. i originally didn't want dancing, i don't want to have a "first dance/father daughter dance etc..." that's too much, but we need to give these people SOMETHING to do during the reception and they only serve food for 1.5 hours!

i have finalized our programs, and now i just have to print them and buy the rest of the insert paper for them. this is a great thing, because i just want them to be done! we have our phone planning session exactly one week from tomorrow...

i'm considering dyeing my crinoline...i think it's boring being white...i'm thinking of dyeing it truffle, the color of my maids dresses, but i'm scared that it will show through the dress. my mother is totally against this idea btw...

First off I think your engagement photo is fantastic! I really like it and I think you two make a great couple.

You could try a few different things before ACTUALLY dyeing your Crinoline. You could go to Michaels or WalMart and buy some colored satin and some colored lace, layer it the way your crinoline is and stick it under your dress to see what colors show through and what colors don't. That way you can see what it is going to look like with different colors under your dress without actually doing the dyeing process yet. Just an Idea. Great PJ.. Keep it up!

ilovechip-you're very kind...i'm not so fond of the e-pic but i'll get over it...

UPDATES...
i finally found a paper warehouse store in houston that i got my welcome bags, welcome bag labels and the inserts for my programs from (i feel sooooo much better)...i also went to michaels and bought the big mickey cut out thing, i'll use this for either the invitations or the programs...and countless other things...

i bought mother of the bride, mother of the groom, 2 bridesmaid, bride and bachelorette rhinestone iron-on's from ebay! they were super cheap, and other brides on here got them and raved about them, so i'm excited!!! i'm going to make shirts out of them!!! i can't wait until they arrive!

we went to galveston yesterday to speak to the rabbi who was VERY NICE. we went over wording and the ceremony order (i told him 15 minutes tops...) and everything seems to be working out fine!!! that's a big relief, i was scared that he was going to try to convert us or something, but that wasn't the case at all, he was so cool!

we also made our reservations, we booked the boardwalk for a few nights up till the wedding, then we'll stay at the poly for our poly-moon!!! i'm excited about that! they didn't have the honeymoon suite availabl, which is upsetting, but maybe there will be something available when we get there...there also wasn't even a garden suite available for our wedding night, so i'm going to have to keep checking to see if we can switch...

finally, while we were in galveston we looked at some vacation property to buy as our wedding gift to one another (it is SO cheap...). mark isn't so keen on the galveston idea because he grew up down there but i love the beach and have the sales process going, i would love a little beach condo!!!

I just caught up on your PJ and I'm glad I did! You're coming along nicely and have some wonderful ideas!

Regarding the crinoline, my mother was dead set against me doing this as well. She couldn't understand why an undergarment needed to be anything but white. :eek: After I did it anyway :rolleyes1 and showed her pictures of other girls with their dyed crinolines, she's sort of warmed to the idea (of course there's no turning back now!). My dress is ivory (DB Monique Luo) with a couple of layers beneath and my crinoline doesn't show. I'm not sure how truffle would work. Hopefully you can find someone who has done a similar shade. Good luck! :goodvibes

so i tried my dress on today and i think it should fit just fine...i've also decided to wear 2 tiara's...i remember we used to do this when i was in the ballet company! it looks so much better, here's a pic!

100_0132.jpg

i've officially decided that that pic stinks, but trust me, it's so much better...i couldnt get a pic of it with the veil, just wasn't working for me...

i also bought a bag, i think it's supposed to be a money bag, from david's, but i'm going to have it hold my 2nd pair of shoes...i think i have too much to carry...i have 2 purses to choose from, a wrap in case it's cold and a 2nd pair of shoes...i'm a mess...

here's a pic of the bag, i got it in ivory
f07_LB647.jpg

Well I just read through your whole PJ - I must say that I love all that you have done. The first tie picture for the groom is so cool. I copied it so I could use it as inspiration for my DF. I love the idea of something different. I also love both pairs of your shoes. I am having shoe dilemmas currently and I may have also been inspired by your shoe decor ideas. I can't wait to keep up!

Well I just read through your whole PJ - I must say that I love all that you have done. The first tie picture for the groom is so cool. I copied it so I could use it as inspiration for my DF. I love the idea of something different. I also love both pairs of your shoes. I am having shoe dilemmas currently and I may have also been inspired by your shoe decor ideas. I can't wait to keep up!

thanks!!! that tie is an ascot tie, i think i got the pic on the als formalwear website...we haven't bought it yet because we'll be in the shopping mecca (NYC) this week and he wants to see if he can find anything there first...

i did some scrapbooking today...and i finished my sisters shirts...i'm not too thrilled with them, but i ordered rhinestone iron on's from ebay, so that should make the team bride wear a lot better...i also am having one heck of a time bidding on antenna toppers! i NEVER win!!! UGH!!! maid #1 (lindsay) is such a dear sweet angel, she went to dtd and bw yesterday to do some scouting for me...she got the postcards for my bags and looked at the bw pics they sell in the giftshop. there was also a wedding there that morning and the rose petals were still decorating sbp when she was there! happy wedding to whoever that was!!!

here's pics of the pages i made today!!!

100_0141.jpg

100_0142.jpg

100_0143.jpg

Caryn
Two crowns? Seriously, I think our mother will have heart failure. Can't you just pick one? I got 4 sets of 9 postcards, I got one for each park. I also looked in the under $10 store to see if there was anything cute for welcome bags. I didn't see anything that would be okay. Yesterday when I stopped over at Boardwalk I took a video from the bride's POV walking down the aisle, so I'll show you that. I also took a bunch of pictures that you might want to use for something... I will see you this weekend.

Caryn
Two crowns? Seriously, I think our mother will have heart failure. Can't you just pick one? I got 4 sets of 9 postcards, I got one for each park. I also looked in the under $10 store to see if there was anything cute for welcome bags. I didn't see anything that would be okay. Yesterday when I stopped over at Boardwalk I took a video from the bride's POV walking down the aisle, so I'll show you that. I also took a bunch of pictures that you might want to use for something... I will see you this weekend.

ok. for all of you who are wondering whether or not i'm crazy for wearing 2 TIARA'S (not crowns...)...this is why the sell tiara's in sets of two. it is also what ballet dancers (who the tiaras are mostly made for nowadays) do...we did it when i was in the ballet company and it's what i'm going to do...besides...i tried them on for mark tonight and he LOVED it...he thought it looked much better...look at the picture linds, besides the fact that my hair in general looks horrible, the hair jewelry (ie: the tiara's) look good...

Im still voting for hair jewels .. enugh with tiaras or crowns what ever you want to call them ... hair jewels .. personally wont 2 tiara/crown things feel a bit bit heavy .. i keep picturing a new born ya know when their heads are heavier than their bodies so they fall over ... i can just picture you walking down the isle .. i dont know thats just me.

bridetobe08-the cake situation was hilarious. i hadn't even pointed out that that was the cake we'd picked out and she immediately hated it! so funny!!!

we finally got the printer up and working and i've printed the program prototype and the labels for the welcome bags. they turned out so well, i couldn't be happier...i'll post pics soon!!! i also bought iron on paper for shirts and i'm still looking for tattoo paper...i am going to make temp tattoo's for myself, i really love the 2 fairy godmothers from sleeping beauty!!! that should be an exciting project, the dis creators have been an incredible help! i love them! o o O, i knew i had relevant news, i won 2 ebay auctions for disney antenna toppers! yaay me!

i was freaking out because the mail never came today, but then i remembered that it's columbus day-duh caryn, of course there was no mail!!! i'm waiting for several ebay items to arrive...

pics to come soon!!!

welcome bags
100_0151.jpg

bad pic of front of program
100_0148.jpg

inside of program, there are still a few pages missing, but these are the only ones that photographed well...
100_0150.jpg

Caryn, I just read your entire pj! Our tastes are so similar it's scary... One of these days I'll get around to writing my own PJ and you'll see what I mean.

Have you decided on silk flowers? I've been thinking about it since I got my floral budget from Disney and it was absolutely outrageous! $265 for my bouquet and $125 for each of my bridesmaids. Then she's charging me over $700 to put flower petals around my centerpieces... this one I dont think I can get out of, but I'm trying to find another florist for all the bouquets and boutonnieres. Do you have any pics of your Cinderella wands?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter