Caryn and Mark PJ- SBP/LSS/PI >>>>>>AND WE'RE OFF<<<<<<

something is making me very nervous and i don't know what it is...i had a terrible nightmare that i FORGOT MY DRESS here in texas and it was the night before my wedding and i was totally freaking out and no one would help me except my best friend courtney who told me that the only option was to fly back here, get the dress and bring it back in the morning, but i didn't want her to do it becaue the airfare would cost $610...WEIRD...so then i asked my uncle allen where the david's bridal was in orlando and he said it was by mall of millenia on i-4...EVEN MORE WEIRD, so THEN i thought, well, i can just go get that Jackie O type dress that they have on display (i look at it everytime i go in there and i didn't try it on for 2 reasons...1. mark would hate it and make fun of me and my floofiness and 2. it was 1k and i PROMISED my disney dad that i wouldn't spend that much on something i'll wear once...)...very odd dream...here's a picture of the dress in my dream...actually, the one in the store is a little different, the floof's aren't so pronounced, they're more like poofy circles...

f07_CH515.jpg
[/IMG]

sorry for the rant, what a weird night...

Caryn,
I think ever bride has a nightmare about their dress. Mine came the night of the day I had my first dress fitting. I had a dream that the seemstress decided to embroider bright blue flowers everywhere and put on a blue sash on my dress. When I tried taking out the stitches of her embroidery that looked horrible, it had dyed my dress blue! :scared1:
Needless to say I was very happy when I woke up and it was all a dream. Your music selections are great and I am also using Jesu, Joy of man's desiring for my bridal party entrance. I will be walking down to Pachelbel's Canon.
Good luck with your planning and I have enjoyed reading your PJ.

this planning journal is so great, it gives me a place to organize my thoughts...so, i finally have a day off and i have so much to do. my best friend courtney is coming over today to see my dress, now we'll see if the wedding weight loss plan is REALLY working out...i'm going to go to michaels and see how i'm going to fix the invitation situation...it's good that the christmas stuff is already out there, i'll have lots of pretty ribbon choices...i showed my fmil the disney dvd of cakes the other day, she got to ours and before i even said anything about how that was the one we'd picked, she HATED it, but it was funny and she was laughing about how different times are now...funny! i have to get mark a suit, i have to make our reservations (that would be helpful wouldn't it...), i have to follow up on our wedding bands because i haven't talked to our jeweler since i got my engagement ring...TONS TO DO!!!

i sent back that wedding questionairre...i think i butchered it...but oh well...we found a menu that we like, it's a custom menu that i found on another bride board...it's below!

Pre-Reception (Cocktail Hour)
Vegetable Spring rolls with Hoisin Sauce
Chicken skewers with honey mustard dipping sauce
Pigs in a Blanket with Mustard Dipping Sauce
Assorted bruschetta

~ ***~

~ Buffets /Stations Dinner Menu ~

Build Your Own Salad Station: Assorted Mixed Greens
and Romaine, Olives, Onions, Tomatoes, Cucumbers,
Carrot Curls, Croutons, Grated Cheeses with a Variety
of Dressings, including Caesar Dressing.

Pasta Station: (Prepared on Stage)
Penne ala Vodka ~ And ~ Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo
Sauce, accompanied by Grated Cheeses and Garlic Bread
Sticks

Carving Station: (Carved on Stage)
Herb Roasted Inside Top Round of Beef with Béarnaise
Sauce
~ And ~
Florida Citrus Pork Loin with Tropical Fruit Salsa
Accompanied by Miniature Rolls

Potato Martini Bar: (Prepared on Stage)
Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup and Walnuts
Purple Peruvian Potatoes, Caramelized Shallots
Garlic roasted potatoes

Boneless Chicken Marsala with Mushrooms

Steam seasonal Vegetable Medley

Dessert:
Wedding cake

i'm excited about potato's in martini glasses, i think that's so cool...laura (marion's assistant is pricing it for me!)

i'll update more later!!! have a great day!!!

that's a great idea to look have a private moment before the ceremony, i'm giving it serious thought...

I completely agree with the private moment stuff. Actually, we're going to have the majority of our bride & groom photos as well as the wedding party photos taken before the ceremony. I thought I was totally against this and I was not going to let the photographer talk me into it. But I completely changed my mind. We're going to get the chance to have our private moment together and caught on film. Then we are going to have some time to just breathe, enjoy each other, and take a moment to reflect on what's about to come. Then our bridal party is going to join us and we'll get a few photos with them before the ceremony. Our ceremony and reception are at the same location one right after the other. So, now when we leave the ceremony as mr. and mrs., we only need to take a little bit of time away from our guests to get the family photos before we rejoin everyone for the reception. I think it's a great way to handle the day.

here's another bouquet pic...i think theknot or wedding channel said this has yellow roses in it, but i think they're confused...i want yellow roses in the bouquet becaue 1. yellow rose of tx... and 2. my wedding band has canary diamonds in it and i want the band to bring out the yellow in my bouquet pics...
032108_bouqgal_2l.jpg

i've been doing hair research...i HATE the fact that my hair is long now...but if i cut it to it's normal length (victoria beckham super short) it won't give me the classic look that i'm going for...so here we go with the hair pics...these are in order of how i like them...
ole_updo_1.jpg

12_re_sax1_21.jpg

btf_updo_300.jpg

hair_updo_8n.jpg

my tiara's came in today!!! i ordered two of the same one by mistake...oops, no matter!!! mark was wearing them around the house tonight, i was trying to get a picture but that just made him mad...he picked out the one that he liked best, which is this one (the top one)...
41HDW3MVWBL._AA280_.jpg

here's a pic of the veil to help visualize my bridal attire from the chin up...
s07_VCT203.jpg

i went to michaels today and got tulle to surround my invitations, i also got some gold ribbon, beaded wire stuff and a wax stamper to decorate them...i'm going to wrap the invitations in the tulle, wrap the thin ribbon around it several times and make mickey heads out of the gold bead wire thing to stick in the middle of the ribbon...then,i also bought the program kit...the boy there was so nice, he asked if i was getting married and i said yes in disney blah blah blah...and he gave me 50% off!!! what a nice boy!!! so i got 100 programs for $10!!! so great!!! we also ordered a printer, which is a major accomplishment, since we haven't had one in forever...now i can print out programs, t-shirt iron-ons and water bottle wrappers, o, and probably table place cards...

so i also took mark to davids bridal (i don't know if any of you disney brides have ever taken your df to your bridal shop, but this was not pleasant...i tricked him by telling him there was a starbucks nearby...then i went to pick up my reception shoes, which, btw are FABULOUS...and i took so long that he HAD to come find me...). the purpose of said trip was to let him see the dream/nightmare jackie o dress that i have been dreaming/nightmaring over...he HATED it...there is no other way to describe it. the look on his face was priceless...this truly was the dress that i would have picked out had i been by myself with my wildish fashion sense that he would have looked at me and asked if i was high while shopping, i wish i had a camera...so now i hope my nightmares will go away, he said it looked like it had doilies on it...nuff said...he then described the PERFECT wedding dress for me that he had in mind...it described mine to a T, so i said, "did you look in that bag???" (it's hanging in our loft from the 3rd story to the 2nd) and he said, "no, i wouldn't jinx my marriage..." i don't beleive him...how else would he know exactly how it looked???? DRAMA.

on another note, my bubbles came in and they are SO CUTE!!! i called my mom the minute i ripped open the box in the middle of my ghetto post office in houston! THEY ARE ADORABLE!

what else did i do today...O YEAH!!! our wedding bands came in, and they're fantastic! i love them!!! one issue though...my current band for my engagement ring is a bit big, it flops aroudn which is annoying, we were going to change it anyway so i called and they said the new one had come in and they could have it changed out within the hour...cha-ching...not so much. they ordered the wrong one. i have a tiffany setting...they ordered a 4-prong cathedral setting...the band was so wide that it didn't fit on my hand with my wedding band. not good. so they're having to re-order...which is fine, because as of today, we have 3 months 3 weeks and 6 days till our disney wedding...df was originally mad that i had mad plans to go to the jeweler without asking him ( i cancelled lunch...) but he realized the gravity of the situation once we got there...

on a sadder note, we just found out that 2 of our best friends won't be able to come to our wedding...one of them is a drag queen and i asked her (jokingly) if she would be one of our bridesmaids...but they can't afford to come, which is sad...i guess that's one bad part of a destination wedding...

more later!!! happy planning to everyone!!!

Lots of updates, you've been busy. ;) I really like the second hairdo. It sounds like you definately picked out the *right* dress with future DH being so spot on.

Hello all .. my name is Megan and I am Caryns Sister/Maid #2 :cool1: . I just got off a 12 hour night shift at the hospital (im a medical asst) :surfweb: and decided to check and see how my sisters planning is going. Im not real into the first hairstyle C. Looks very "hi im from 1912 and i had to do my hair this way" I enjoy the last one. How are lindsay and I required to do out hair? Since I started working the night shift i havent had much time to discuss these things with you. Are you sure you dont want to come to my fitting? I have to make an apt quite soon. Anywho, I need to go sleep - always remember .. peave love and mickey mouse!!!!!

Hello all .. my name is Megan and I am Caryns Sister/Maid #2 :cool1: . I just got off a 12 hour night shift at the hospital (im a medical asst) :surfweb: and decided to check and see how my sisters planning is going. Im not real into the first hairstyle C. Looks very "hi im from 1912 and i had to do my hair this way" I enjoy the last one. How are lindsay and I required to do out hair? Since I started working the night shift i havent had much time to discuss these things with you. Are you sure you dont want to come to my fitting? I have to make an apt quite soon. Anywho, I need to go sleep - always remember .. peave love and mickey mouse!!!!!

megan, you FINALLY got on here...welcome to the boards!

yes i figured it was time to conquer the man in the machine that always said "you are not permited to reply to posts on this board" :laughing: now whos laughing!!!!!

Hello All... your dresses and flowers and invites and everything are amazing. Im not getting married yet but ive def seen some things that will travel into my wedding (whenever it happens to be).

has anyone bought these? i thought they were fantastic, i got them on ebay for like $11 us dollars...they should be arriving from china any day now...

E08.JPG.jpg

wow that's a big pic...i'm going to use them as our hidden mickeys in our bouquets...

so not much to update except to say that i quit my brand new job and am now unemployed...i'm calling myself a "stay at home bachelorette..." the owner of the company i was working for was a real jerk. he said i couldn't have any time off and that i was going to need to re-think my trip to NJ next week and that I was expected to work late late hours...so i said good riddance. there was NO WAY i was skipping my NJ trip for a job that doesn't even give benefits, i know that it's real estate and all, but there are plenty of other companies out there to work for...so i'm unemployed...again...and LOVING every minute of it!!!

we got our printer!!!! yaaayyy!!! now i can start making labels and bags and programs and all sorts of fun stuff!!! i'm so excited!!! margarita time!!! more planning to come!!!

Hey C maybe im just a kid but maybe we can put those mickey jewels in our hair as hair jewlery too. I think its a cute idea and i was looking for things to put in my hair since my hair is so ordinary - those would really make it nice. What do you think???

Hey C maybe im just a kid but maybe we can put those mickey jewels in our hair as hair jewlery too. I think its a cute idea and i was looking for things to put in my hair since my hair is so ordinary - those would really make it nice. What do you think???

yeah that might be a good idea...i can make you mickey head hair jewels if you want...those earrings are probably really small and will get lost in your hair...

I was looking on the board for some vow renewal info and your thread title caught my eye, so I couldn't help but take a look at your plans! So much fun, I can live vicariously through you Disney brides! I saw you were wanting to stay at Boardwalk a night or two (maybe more) - have you thought about renting points from a DVC member?

I love all your plans. Everything looks beautiful.

I was looking on the board for some vow renewal info and your thread title caught my eye, so I couldn't help but take a look at your plans! So much fun, I can live vicariously through you Disney brides! I saw you were wanting to stay at Boardwalk a night or two (maybe more) - have you thought about renting points from a DVC member?

I love all your plans. Everything looks beautiful.

i actually WAS trying to rent dvc points, but because my wedding is right around the time of martin luther king weekend, they were all book at the bw...:sad1:

Yea that might be a good idea ... im thinking of just having the hair lady put my hair up with curls and then put those hair jewels throughout my hair . make it look perdy. now what about other jewlery?? should i buy new earrings and necklaces and what not?? what do you think?

Yea that might be a good idea ... im thinking of just having the hair lady put my hair up with curls and then put those hair jewels throughout my hair . make it look perdy. now what about other jewlery?? should i buy new earrings and necklaces and what not?? what do you think?

you're wearing pop's cameo and pearlish type earrings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter