Caryn and Mark PJ- SBP/LSS/PI >>>>>>AND WE'RE OFF<<<<<<

those rose wands are a fabulous idea! thanks! i think my sister/maid #1 said something about them! did disney floral do them for you?

Yes, I ordered them through disney floral. You can do whatever color of roses you want and the ribbon can be changed to match your dresses. You can also change the number of roses. My bridesmaid had 3 and my maid of honour had 4 in hers.

oohh! gorgeous BM dresses!

Congrats on getting so much of the planning done while your mom visited. I'm so glad your dress-buying experience went well, especially since it was such a source of stress for you. Can't wait to see pics of your dress! :)

Everything looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see the dress you did get though!

I love the idea of the rose wands, I think I am doing that as well.

And hallelujah! I am not a fan of veils either!!! I'm sure you'll be gorgeous in the one you found...can't wait to see it. I will not be wearing one, I'm glad no one thinks that is strange so far...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad you were able to get all that planning done, I could tell from your previous posts you were getting worried! I completely understand on the veil issue, i won't be wearing one, and suprisingly i haven't met any resistance from either family on it yet, whew! All your plans sound great, I can't wait to hear more, and see pictures!!!

181823837445_0_0.jpg
[/IMG]

i just realized that i never posted a pic of my rings! i just love them and can't wait until i can wear my wedding band!!!

here's the closest pic i can find of my dress...i'm not even sure if it's the exact one, but it's as close as you can get. my dress is light gold, not white, it's a lot darker than the dress in the picture...in fact, this dress looks totally different in the picture than it does on me, but oh well...my mom has the pics of me in it, but i'm not posting it for fear that DF will be lurking on the internet one day and happen upon it...
s07_t8946.jpg
[/IMG]

here's a pic of the veil, which is gold, not white...
s07_VCT203.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm glad I found your PJ! How awesome to be able to get married so close to where you first met. And SBP is such a beautiful location... not tha tI'm biased or anything! :rolleyes1

I love your dress and I'm glad you had a great experience with David's as well. My 2nd dress was bought at David's on super clearance too. It's a Monique Luo and I got it for 1/2 price. My mom was pleased with that. The BMs dresses are going to compliment your dress so nicely! The gold and truffle colors will look so nice together.

I'm still struggling with a shoe issue because I'm in a similar situation. Except for me, DF is the exact same height as me. I want to wear heels for the ceremony but I don't want Tom Cruise-Nicole Kidman pictures! :lmao:

Great start to your PJ! Good luck with the rest! :goodvibes

Hi from SisterMaid #1. Yes, my little sister and I went to David's Bridal yesterday and picked out the dresses with the pickup skirt. We also liked a strapless chiffon dress, but Caryn didn't like them... so we ended up with the pickup (the only other one we both agreed on). And no Caryn. Dad did not tell us about the wands, I read it here on the dis:disrocks: and I'm very happy that you picked the rose wands, I would like mine to be sprinkled with pixie dust. Megan and I are wearing the same shoes that Caryn posted, only in the truffle color. They don't look nice on my feet but it's what she wants :confused3 so I'll shut up about it. We also got matching shawls in case it is cold.
I think it's very nice of Mark's parents to want to host a rehearsal dinner for everyone. You could do something during lunchtime. Perhaps at 1900 park fair so that we can have pictures with the characters. Or maybe you could do something informal and have everyone who wants to come meet in epcot. I think in mary626's trip report her df had arranged a buzz lightyear space ranger spin competition and that would be very fun.
I'm in the process of creating shirts for the rehearsal, they are adorable!! I wont be able to really start them until oct because i'm moving from NJ to Tampa, but once I move I'll have them ready to go.

Oh, and since Caryn bought her dress at DB Megan and I got a discount on our dresses and shoes. And our nice sales lady (Julie i think) showed us what dress Caryn picked out because she refused to show us (nice of her though, to not tell her sisters but then to post it on the internet). We had a lovely time in DB in East Brunswick (for all you Jersey Girls.)
That's it for now.

September 10, 2007
I start my new job in exactly 1 week!!! As much as possible needs to be done before then…I talked to joe today, and they received my wedding agreement-FINALLY! So now the ball is totally rollin…he said I should have a wedding coordinator by the beginning of next week…great!

On another note, I withdrew from my grad school classes for the semester. With the wedding, a new job and moving to Mark’s house it was too much. It was a really hard decision, I really want my MBA by the time I turn 30 and now that won’t happen, but as DF so aptly pointed out, I have my whole life to get a masters degree and only one wedding…he’s right and life feels a lot less stressful now!!!

So as sister/maid #1 said, she and sister/maid #2 have ordered their dresses (pic above) and I am in LOVE with them!!! I think I’m going to buy sister/maid #1’s when she’s done with it!!! So exciting! At least that’s done with. They ordered shoes as well, the shoes are horrifying, I know, but I think I’ll “surprise” them with another pair for the reception!!! We’ll see…since the ballet slippers are totally boring, I’m going to find shoe clips for them (to spice it up a bit…). I’ll post pics asap…

I simply CAN’T WAIT to get my wedding coordinator! I have so many ideas and I just want this all to fall into place. My dad is DRIVING ME CRAZY worrying about costs, so this needs to be done asap!

I already scheduled to have my gown steamed by Carolyn Allen’s and we have Ana from Beaute Speciale doing hair/make up…I got an email from Veronica today that says they will want to start at 5am since randy wants to do bridal shots at 9…I’m not so thrilled with the 5am idea, but I had emailed Ana this weekend and she said that 7am would be ok…DF would kill me if I made him wake up before 5...at least that stuff is scheduled already, it makes me feel so much better. I’m going to schedule a mani/pedi for myself at GF Spa. It’s $110 which is 2x’s the price my normal fabulous lady charges, but it’s my wedding, and by the day before it occurs, I’m going to need some pampering…

DF and I have decided to have a “Polly-Moon.” We are going to Europe next year for our honeymoon and I thought a few days at the Polly would be neat! He used to stay there as a kid and I’ve never stayed there! So fun!!! I’m going to book a honeymoon suite and by the time that rolls around most of our family will be gone and we can be alone!!!

here's a pic of the thank you notes i made for our engagement presents, they're really simple, but DF loves them!

184001670405_0_0.jpg
[/IMG]

i'm making my scrapbook for all receipts/cards etc! i love doing crafty things, i should have made my own veil, since i have to wear one...but the one @ David's was so perfect!!!

ok, i really need some help here...as previously posted...the shoes that i've picked out for myself and the maids are terrible...i figured that since flats are so in this season that we'd just get shoe decorations/clips to go on them...now i need opinions...

here are the shoes again...
05S_Balletpsd.xmlcmpcolorcolorxC9BDA5ftr5cmpend1wid330hei460cvtjpg.jpg

mine will be light gold and sister/maids will be truffle (darkish brown with a hint of burgundy)...

charm #1
pin456crystalbrown.jpg
[/IMG]
charm #2
pin151crystalflowerpearlbrown.jpg

charm #3
pin095c35topaz.jpg

charm #4
pin089bflowerwhite.jpg
[/IMG]

all opinions are greatly appreciated!!! thanks ladies!!!

On the whole veil issue...I had a really simple single layer veil I wore for our ceremony. I found out right after I bought it that my husband-to-be hated veils ("Why do you have to wear a piece of misquito netting on your head?") but I kind of felt I needed it to complete the bride look. My husband asked that I not wear it for the MK photo shoot so I put it in for the cermony and had planned to keep it in from that point on. Well outside with the slightest wind, it just kept blowing in my face and annoying the heck out of me! I was constantly brushing it back until I finally got fed up and took it off.

Just thought I'd give you one more reason to wear the veil as little as possible because I am sure you'll run into the same problems with your outdoor ceremony.

good thought!!! i just copied that and emailed it to my mother and grandmother...bet they won't like it if that stupid thing makes me take flight!!!

F05_Marissa.jpg

i ordered myself this shoe, as well as those ballet shoes today! it made me so happy! i think i'm going to re-dye them both after the wedding to hot pink!!!

goldgiftbags.jpg

welcome bags that i found on oriental trading

mickeybubbles.jpg

i have been looking EVERYWHERE for these!!! found on oriental trading!

so, i should probably be following the weather, as we're supposed to have a tropical storm tonight/tomorrow, but i'm still doing wedding stuff...df and i even forgot to go food shopping...hope it's not that bad...

so, the wedding weight loss count down is on...i ran 3.3 miles today w/df. i'm really out of shape and am looking forward to losing weight...

think of us when you look at the news tomorrow and see that most of houston is flooded!!!

happy planning to me!

Those mickey mouse head bubbles are super cute. I love oriental trading company. Super fun stuff for super cheap.

Oh, and I like charm #4 btw.

I love that you and your DF met at WDW. What a perfect beginning to your happily ever after.

It sounds like we are in a similar mindset. I don't want to loose that much weight, I just want to look that much better in my wedding dress. Cool that you and your DF will workout together. My DF joined a masters swim team with me about a month ago. The small team atmosphere is fun and the coach holds us accountable. Plus, on days where he doesn't want to go, I push him out the door (and vice versa). We always sit down and map out our schedules (his schedule can vary and practices are both in the mornings and in the evenings) and we decide which days and times we're going. This way we go 4-5 times a week no matter what. I haven't really seen a difference (unless constantly sore muscles count), but DF says his pants are looser. Why can guys always loose weight faster than girls? Good luck with your workout routine, it looks like you have a very realistic goal if you stick with it. Let your DF know that you expect him to push you out the door on days you want to skip it.

i don't want to lose a lot of weight, but i've let myself go a little bit, my engagement pics, taken today are evidence of that...my legs and back are KILLING me today, but off to the park we'll go again tonight...i used to have a personal trainer who held me completely accountable, but i ran out of sessions and don't want to pay to work out anymore...i can do it. i only want to lose 10lbs, which, under any normal circumstances wouldn't be an issue, but i'm getting married AFTER the holidays and after a trip home to nj (really really REALLY good pizza and italian food...)...the challenge is mine...thanks for reading!!!

Those mickey mouse head bubbles are super cute. I love oriental trading company. Super fun stuff for super cheap.

Oh, and I like charm #4 btw.

I love that you and your DF met at WDW. What a perfect beginning to your happily ever after.

It sounds like we are in a similar mindset. I don't want to loose that much weight, I just want to look that much better in my wedding dress. Cool that you and your DF will workout together. My DF joined a masters swim team with me about a month ago. The small team atmosphere is fun and the coach holds us accountable. Plus, on days where he doesn't want to go, I push him out the door (and vice versa). We always sit down and map out our schedules (his schedule can vary and practices are both in the mornings and in the evenings) and we decide which days and times we're going. This way we go 4-5 times a week no matter what. I haven't really seen a difference (unless constantly sore muscles count), but DF says his pants are looser. Why can guys always loose weight faster than girls? Good luck with your workout routine, it looks like you have a very realistic goal if you stick with it. Let your DF know that you expect him to push you out the door on days you want to skip it.

ok. engagement pictures have been taken. my scanner is having a technical issue and i can't scan them in here, in fact, i might not scan them in at all. i'm begining to think that the point of engagement pics is to find ALL of your flaws so that they can be fixed BEFORE your wedding...for instance, i will be working out 2x's/day everyday before my wedding and i'm investing in the most expensive wrinkle cream i can find. i will NOT look like i have crows feet on my wedding day. UNNACEPTABLE. i look horrifying in all of them, but df loves them and he was very well behaved during our session...he even bought this huge black and white in this huge frame to hang up in our room. he's so cute sometimes...

***GRANDMA TONI, i know you're reading this...i'll send you one asap!!!***

i don't know what possessed me to do this, but i ordered christmas cards with our E-pics on them...i'm starting my new high-stress job on monday and with the wedding being exactly 1 month after christmas, i feel like i'll be really busy and won't be able to craft our cards this season as i usually do.

on another note, i can't wait for my coordinator to contact me. i'm anxious to get this planning going! when i talked to Joe on Tuesday, he said that since we were having a Jan wedding, we'd really need to get on the ball!!!

here's a pic of the cake we want. my mother hates it, but we both adore it, it's so colorful and fun, and i think i read somewhere that we could choose the colors!!!
ourcake.jpg
[/IMG]

I LOVE that cake. You wouldn't even have to decorate the cake table, it stands out on its own. However, it looks like it is done with fondant icing. I tried several cakes with fondant icing during our cake-testing appointments here in AZ. Most of them were beautiful and expensive. But they were all gross except for one - the marshmallow fondant. I did a quick google search:
http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

Anyway, if you are going to stick with fondant, I would make sure you have a cake-testing. If you can't get to WDW before the wedding, I think you mentioned your sister is in the CP, ask her to go in for you. The difference between good and bad is night and day. She will easily be able to tell for you.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter