Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
POP Warner overflow generally goes to POP, CBR and FQ. They are usually in the same general area of the resort - in 2004 they were in the 50's at POP and Martinique at CBR.

You could email guest communications and ask them to verify.

Good luck!

POP Warner overflow generally goes to POP, CBR and FQ. They are usually in the same general area of the resort - in 2004 they were in the 50's at POP and Martinique at CBR.

You could email guest communications and ask them to verify.

Good luck!

I found out they dont come into town until December 2nd...my day of departure.....so Im not caring as much anymore....:rolleyes1

For those of you who have stayed at CBR, what is your favorite thing to eat at OPR counter service? DH and I have gone thru the menus at Deb Willis' site and we just wondered what is good to eat.

I recently booked a room at CBR from 1/11/08-1/15/08 for the WDW Marathon. However, I just happened to see that the main pool will be closed. This is a bit depressing as I was seriously expecting to use the pool this trip to relax before and after the race.

I've stayed at POR before and wanted to try something new. I wanted to stay at a moderate this trip and I thought CBR would be the perfect place.

For those of you who have stayed at CBR, is this a deal breaker??? Is it worth it to stay at CBR without use of the main pool? Do the other pools have much to offer?

Ok, here's my situation....
I booked my vacation thru Dreams Unlimited. I'm staying at CBR with Free Dining in Sept. The travel agent who quoted my package made a typo error, and quoted me $200 less than what it should have been. She had to honor the price quoted, so we booked it!!! But she then stated that this price will stay as is, UNLESS I made any changes to the ressie. So, here is my dilemma --- I'd like to now go ahead and request a preferred room location, and don't know if the price will go up the $200 they misquoted. I have already paid off the trip- so I am paid in full. Do you think if I go thru Disney directly for the upgrade to preferred, will I have to pay the $200 as well as the preferred price??? I hope this all makes sense. Please help!!

me and my hubby will be there right in the middle of it dec 5 to dec 9th
hope its not too bad:confused:
Are you talking about the pool rehab? This is the info from DIS, unless you've heard something different.

"
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • 1/8/08 - 9/15/08 - Old Port Royale Pool - During this rehab, the Barbados and Jamaica Village Pools will have slides added. The resort's recreation programs for children will also be enhanced while this rehab is taking place. "

I booked my vacation thru Dreams Unlimited. I'm staying at CBR with Free Dining in Sept. The travel agent who quoted my package made a typo error, and quoted me $200 less than what it should have been. She had to honor the price quoted, so we booked it!!! But she then stated that this price will stay as is, UNLESS I made any changes to the ressie. So, here is my dilemma --- I'd like to now go ahead and request a preferred room location, and don't know if the price will go up the $200 they misquoted. I have already paid off the trip- so I am paid in full. Do you think if I go thru Disney directly for the upgrade to preferred, will I have to pay the $200 as well as the preferred price??? I hope this all makes sense. Please help!!

Since the original ressie was made by DU, Disney cannot touch the ressie until you arrive. Now once you arrive, you can if there is availability upgrade to a preferred room, but if you want to garantee it now, you unfortunately will have to pay the mistake amount and then pay the upgrade fee. You are probably better off waiting to try and upgrade once you arrive, but you run the chance of not getting the upgrade due to lack of availability. Its all about risk vs. dollars!! Sorry.

For those of you who have stayed at CBR, what is your favorite thing to eat at OPR counter service? DH and I have gone thru the menus at Deb Willis' site and we just wondered what is good to eat.
Here is my advice--- do NOT get the BBQ chicken sandwich... it was a big chicken finger dipped in hot sauce. We only at the one lunch and didn't like it much but breakfast was YUM!

I recently booked a room at CBR from 1/11/08-1/15/08 for the WDW Marathon. However, I just happened to see that the main pool will be closed. This is a bit depressing as I was seriously expecting to use the pool this trip to relax before and after the race.

I've stayed at POR before and wanted to try something new. I wanted to stay at a moderate this trip and I thought CBR would be the perfect place.

For those of you who have stayed at CBR, is this a deal breaker??? Is it worth it to stay at CBR without use of the main pool? Do the other pools have much to offer?
After having used the main pool it would probably give me and my DBF a good good reason to think on it if our return trip was during a pool rehab. They are putting slides on some of the quiet pools, but they weren't as nice as the main pool when we went anyhow. I would say, just think on how much you are gonna swim-- if you get a cold snap in January it may be too chilly. When we went to ASMo Jan 2-12 of last year we didn't swim once and the temps were hot hot hot for Jan (80s and 90s). Hope that is some help to you.

I agree, you are best off just trying to upgrade upon arrival. You can't even make adjustments through Disney yourself anyhow. I would call and see what the availability for preferred is and just explain your situation. If as you get close it seems like preferred is going to be filled then decide if its with the cost + 200 dollars.

We really enjoyed just about everything we ate at OPR -- the burgers are REALLY good! And I agree about breakfast -- GREAT!

No, I don't think it's a big issue. Frankly, my teenage sons and their friends and I prefer the quiet pools - not as crowded, although that may change with the main pool rehab. The quiet pools are really nice though, unless you just have to have the themed pool. CBR offers so much else that appeals to us that the main pool being closed wouldn't change our minds, but that's just us... others may feel differently.

I say stay with CBR!

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort [/URL]
  • 1/8/08 - 9/15/08 - Old Port Royale Pool - During this rehab, the Barbados and Jamaica Village Pools will have slides added. The resort's recreation programs for children will also be enhanced while this rehab is taking place. "

Yes, the Old Port Royale is the main pool. I kind of booked CBR with that pool in mind because it looked very nice and seemed like a place to chill out before the marathon and after. Now I'm picturing what would have been a scenic pool with water falls as a bunch of construction vehicles and workers fixing a pool. It doesn't seem so nice.

I'm just wondering if there are any people out there that have stayed at CBR who would stay here if this pool were closed.

we just got back two days ago. And we only used the pool twice. the main pool was too crouded and we used the pool close to our room. it was much more quiter and enjoyable. I also booked the hotel because of the pool. But i liked the resort so much i would still stay there if the pool was not avail.

My only complaint about CBR was that the room was not ready at check in and we had to wait. When we finally got in it smelled moldy or meldew. And we had to call three times to have our luggage brought to our room. The mousekeeping was good. The food was good. We were upgraded to a prefered room. and the bus system was much better here than at POP. I am very much a fan now!

Since the original ressie was made by DU, Disney cannot touch the ressie until you arrive. Now once you arrive, you can if there is availability upgrade to a preferred room, but if you want to garantee it now, you unfortunately will have to pay the mistake amount and then pay the upgrade fee. You are probably better off waiting to try and upgrade once you arrive, but you run the chance of not getting the upgrade due to lack of availability. Its all about risk vs. dollars!! Sorry.

Oh man-- that's not what I wanted to hear :sad2: But don't worry I won't shoot the messenger ;) I guess I will just wait and see what happens when we get there. As another poster suggested, I might call just to see what the preferred availability looks like. Thanks for the suggestions!

Oh man-- that's not what I wanted to hear :sad2: But don't worry I won't shoot the messenger ;) I guess I will just wait and see what happens when we get there. As another poster suggested, I might call just to see what the preferred availability looks like. Thanks for the suggestions!

Maybe you can call your TA and see if she can add a request to your ressie and request Martinique or Trinidad North.

we just got back two days ago. And we only used the pool twice. the main pool was too crouded and we used the pool close to our room. it was much more quiter and enjoyable. I also booked the hotel because of the pool. But i liked the resort so much i would still stay there if the pool was not avail.

My only complaint about CBR was that the room was not ready at check in and we had to wait. When we finally got in it smelled moldy or meldew. And we had to call three times to have our luggage brought to our room. The mousekeeping was good. The food was good. We were upgraded to a prefered room. and the bus system was much better here than at POP. I am very much a fan now!

Thanks for the feedback. I've heard mixed reviews about CBR but I have a friend who really liked it. I normally don't care about the pool but I'm not going with the kids this trip and I expect to hang out at the resort a lot more do to the marathon. The pics I saw of the main pool are really what helped me pick CBR. However, I do like the lake and the other pools look okay.

Thanks for the feedback. I've heard mixed reviews about CBR but I have a friend who really liked it. I normally don't care about the pool but I'm not going with the kids this trip and I expect to hang out at the resort a lot more do to the marathon. The pics I saw of the main pool are really what helped me pick CBR. However, I do like the lake and the other pools look okay.
There are always those lakeside hammocks to relax in. :) I don't know how much actual swim time we'll have, but we'll definitely find time to check out the hammocks.........maybe with a nice drink in hand too! and with that island music playing in the background.:woohoo: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter