Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I saw you advatar and just have to say.....
E A G L E S!!!! GO EAGLES!

Thanks for the feedback. I've heard mixed reviews about CBR but I have a friend who really liked it. I normally don't care about the pool but I'm not going with the kids this trip and I expect to hang out at the resort a lot more do to the marathon. The pics I saw of the main pool are really what helped me pick CBR. However, I do like the lake and the other pools look okay.

Hey all! I'm leaving for CBR Saturday night. I have a question.... have they already assigned the rooms? Could I call and see where I was put? My flight doesn't get in until 11:30p.m. Saturday night, so by the time I get to the result it will most likely be close to 1:00 or 1:30 a.m. (we are getting are own bags, not ME)... I really don't want any suprises - like they don't have a room for us (even though we paid for it)... I don't know.. just getting nervous cuz I never checked into a hotel this late before.

Hey all! I'm leaving for CBR Saturday night. I have a question.... have they already assigned the rooms? Could I call and see where I was put? My flight doesn't get in until 11:30p.m. Saturday night, so by the time I get to the result it will most likely be close to 1:00 or 1:30 a.m. (we are getting are own bags, not ME)... I really don't want any suprises - like they don't have a room for us (even though we paid for it)... I don't know.. just getting nervous cuz I never checked into a hotel this late before.
Call them a couple of times between now and then to touch base and be sure to tell them you have a late flight!!!! And then, call them on Saturday morning to reconfirm your reservation and REMIND them of your late arrival! Better to be too buggy than end up without a room! Have fun!!

Call them a couple of times between now and then to touch base and be sure to tell them you have a late flight!!!! And then, call them on Saturday morning to reconfirm your reservation and REMIND them of your late arrival! Better to be too buggy than end up without a room! Have fun!!

Thanks! Do I actually call CBR or should I call the 407-WDisney?

They will not tell you your room number until you are standing at the counter checking in.

Don't bother calling the resort. It is a call center. Just call reservations and have it noted in your reservation that you have a late arrival.

I looked over the faq's at the beginning of the thread, but I didn't see it mentioned.

Do CBR rooms have mini fridges?? Is that something we'd have to request?

We don't need a fridge, but I'd like to know beforehand so if they don't, we can bring a small cooler for milk.

If you visit the pictures on my website I have some of the fridges. You will have a great time at CBR. Don't forget to spend some time in the hammocks on the beach. It is a great place to view the high fireworks of Illuminations.

Safetymom, or anyone else that has stayed at CBR, would this be a good/great choice for 2 adults? I'm working on trying to go during Food and Wine 08, and remembered all the great things Safetymom had to say about the resort. I loved POR, but I was thinking for a change maybe CBR....

Any thoughts?

Going Nov 30th-Dec 8th. The only request I made was "please not Trinidad South". I thought that way we may get upgraded to preferred building, walking doesn't really bother us. I figured lots of people request Jamacia or Aruba. Is this a mistake? Thanks. 100 days!:banana:

I think you should be specific. Just because you don't want TS doesn't mean you will get a preferred location. They will probably give the first available room.

I just called to see if we could move to a preffered room on our Dec.8-14
trip. There are none available. How often should I try back to check for cancellations? Or am I just out of luck?

We'll be arriving Monday afternoon and have a preferred room. I only requested Martinique 25. Can't wait to stay here!:banana: We toured the resort in May during our Universal trip. How beautiful and relaxing it seemed and the food court was awesome. We're eating at Shutters. Can anyone comment on the food here? It will be our first time eating here on the DP.:)

Disneytabby,
See you there, we check in Sunday!
YETI HERE I COME!:cool1:

We'll be arriving Monday afternoon and have a preferred room. I only requested Martinique 25. Can't wait to stay here!:banana: We toured the resort in May during our Universal trip. How beautiful and relaxing it seemed and the food court was awesome. We're eating at Shutters. Can anyone comment on the food here? It will be our first time eating here on the DP.:)

I can't comment on Shutters (haven't eaten there) but we love CBR!! We stayed in Martinique 25 in our 2005 trip (photos in link below) and loved it -- have a great time!!

I also would like to hear about Shutters, as we are going to dine there on our first night of checkin....Pictures? reviews?

I did find this
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_shut.htm
http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=160&cat=42

Does anyone know what kind of coffee pots are in the rooms at CBR? Are they cone filters or regular basket filters? My husband is a coffee snob and I will be bringing his coffee to make each morning. I will have to bring some filters, but what kind to bring. Worst case I will bring both, but I would like to save some space if possible!

Would like to know this also!
I was just assuming that they were a resueable filter.
I bought small WaWa coffee's for mh DH!

Does anyone know what kind of coffee pots are in the rooms at CBR? Are they cone filters or regular basket filters? My husband is a coffee snob and I will be bringing his coffee to make each morning. I will have to bring some filters, but what kind to bring. Worst case I will bring both, but I would like to save some space if possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter