Cape May Chowder

dkddis

Mouseketeer
We will arrive at BCV Sunday and as life long New Englanders we are big clam chowder fans. How is the Chowder! :confused3

Well, I am back and I will answer my own question. We did not like the chowder at Cape May Cafe. There was so much of one herb in it you could see it. Not sure if it was thyme or marjoram, but that was all you could taste.

My best friend and her husband stayed at YC in January and she complained about the chowder as well. She is allergic to pepper, black, white, pink, whatever, and said that to her the chowder tasted of only pepper. She had her usual "break out in hives" reaction to it as well.

Coming from New England as well, they probably fed you Clam Chowder instead of Clam Chowdah! He-he. I am always leary of eating lobster or clams outside of New England. We were going to try the Cape May Clam Bake, but have thought better about it based on advice from this board. I think that is like they NY/NJ people who have a taste for good pizza or the folks from Philly who know a thing or two about their Steak and Cheese!
princess: pirate: :earboy2:

Cookie Princess said:
Coming from New England as well, they probably fed you Clam Chowder instead of Clam Chowdah! He-he. I am always leary of eating lobster or clams outside of New England. We were going to try the Cape May Clam Bake, but have thought better about it based on advice from this board. I think that is like they NY/NJ people who have a taste for good pizza or the folks from Philly who know a thing or two about their Steak and Cheese!
princess: pirate: :earboy2:

Cape May is to chowder as NY City is to BBQ. If you get it in a can we will serve it! The Jersey shore is more famous for Johnson's popcorn and Salt water taffy than Clam Chowder. I live in South Jersey and wouldn't go to Cape May for anything other than the beauty of the place. If you want to eat around here you have Cheesesteaks, Panzarotti's or Pizza. Although we have a wide variety of food we do those the best :)

yes, being from New england, i have not been anywhere else that has good seafood. I *DO* like fultons crab house for their alaskan king crab, but then again, you arent gonna get that in New England fresh out of the water either. :umbrella:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter