Cancelled ADR"s for Double Booking?

I hope they cancel double bookers. It's not fair! Everyone is dealing with the same 90 day time line.
I agree too. I just can't believe some people's entitlement issues in regard to this matter.

I don't believe that anyone cancels "double bookings". Seriously. We went last year on the deluxe - as a 13 party Grand Gathering at that. Not all 13 of us wanted to eat at the same places at the same time, so for my name and our GG number, I could've and probably did have (b/c we did 3TS per day), at least 3 sets of "double bookings" at each meal.

I'm not saying it's right, but c'mon, if Disney isn't savvy enough to have launched on-line reservations, I highly doubt they're scanning for duplicates, besides, how does any CM know what party size is or if it's 2 people with the same names and dates?

"It's not right, but everybody's doing it. So screw all of you for playing by the rules and screw Disney for letting it happen."

Did I get the gist of your post right? Because that's totally how it came off to me.

I know someone personally who double books. She'll make a ressie in her name, her mom will make one and sometimes her husband will make one (yikes - triple booked?!?). I told her that this wasn't polite and others were missing out. She says she just doesn't know what park she'll be in what day and doesn't want to NOT have a TS ressie.

Man, why didn't I think about that :confused3 - Just kidding!
I do think is wrong and not fair to everybody else. I booked all my ADRs and hope that when the hours come out it will work out. If not than I will have to make it work out, but this way I have all the ADRs that I really want.
But it is very rude to double book.:sad2:

I am glad mine didn't get cancelled last year, I booked them at the same time with the same CM when DH and I wanted to have a date night, I would book one place for 2, and another place for 2 for my mom and DD. I would have been ticked if they cancelled it thinking it was a double booking. I don't double book ADRs, but I have made 2 seperate ADRs for when we split up.

I had a problem booking 2 large parties at the same time. We are a party of 12, 6 girls and 6 boys. I wanted to book CRT for the girls and then I wanted to book Sci-Fi for the boys for lunch one day. Well first of all this is at the 90 day mark at 7AM and it took me 45 minutes to get through. When I finally did the person on the phone took forever to get my information and then a good time for CRT did pop up for a party of 6. Then she asked me if I needed to book any other reservations and I said 6 for Sci-Fi and she said she could not do this. I explained that the girls were going to CRT and the boys to Sci-Fi but she said "the system" would not let her. By this time I am getting frustrated and then she says that my CRT reservation has disappeared.:eek: I am almost in tears. Finally after placing me on hold for over 10 minutes and talking with her supervisor she did find the CRT reservation, but by this time there was absolutely nothing left at Sci-Fi.

My husband did call a few days later and made a reservation at Japan, but I feel that I was penalized for others that do make multiple reservations.

I think Disney should make it clear than to all the CMs what the rules are. I have a couple of ressies booked at the same time in my name because we are splitting up and going two different places. Big kids want one thing, and little kids want another. I asked the CM if it was a problem having them both in my name and was told NO.

So now if a CM decides I have double booked, and doesn't look closely one of us may be out of a place to eat. I tried to call and change the name on one and was told the same thing. That there was no need.

If I wan't posting here, I'd have no idea this was a problem since I trust the CMs I talk to when booking.

I had a problem booking 2 large parties at the same time. We are a party of 12, 6 girls and 6 boys. I wanted to book CRT for the girls and then I wanted to book Sci-Fi for the boys for lunch one day. Well first of all this is at the 90 day mark at 7AM and it took me 45 minutes to get through. When I finally did the person on the phone took forever to get my information and then a good time for CRT did pop up for a party of 6. Then she asked me if I needed to book any other reservations and I said 6 for Sci-Fi and she said she could not do this. I explained that the girls were going to CRT and the boys to Sci-Fi but she said "the system" would not let her. By this time I am getting frustrated and then she says that my CRT reservation has disappeared.:eek: I am almost in tears. Finally after placing me on hold for over 10 minutes and talking with her supervisor she did find the CRT reservation, but by this time there was absolutely nothing left at Sci-Fi.

My husband did call a few days later and made a reservation at Japan, but I feel that I was penalized for others that do make multiple reservations.

I had this happen to me too!
We called 90 days out and are a party of 8.
Booked a date night dinner for my inlaws- party of 2.
then tried to book another party of 2 for dinner and was told i couldn't!

so strange that the other 6 cease to count. had to call back a separate time.

I agree that double booking reservations on purpose just so one can have several dining options on a given day shouldn't be allowed or tolerated, but there are other issues that need to be considered.

About a month ago, I called to confirm my ADRs. When the CM went down the list night by night, she noted that I had 2 reservations for one evening. I did indeed book one of the reservations, but I have NO idea how the other, earlier reservation was added (and it had NOT shown up during a previous check of my ADRs).

I am the only one in our family who has access to our Disney information, and I didn't make the second reservation. And I can guarantee that my husband would have no idea how to book an ADR himself! :rotfl:

Seems that, with all the problems that Disney has been having with their ADR system/computers, it IS possible for errors to occur randomly. I immediately told the CM to cancel the reservation that I had not made, but if a CM were to just go through and start canceling duplicate reservations, some innocent parties would also suffer. Some individuals have called and have found a reservation they made to be "missing." I think this is a similar instance. I realize that these instances may be few and far between, but it makes you think.

I'm afraid to confirm ADRs again before we leave (and I've only done it twice to begin with). I just hope we have everything place when we arrive at the World.

And count me in as another person who thinks a cc guarantee isn't a bad idea. Not ideal, but perhaps necessary to stop ADR abuses. On the other hand, Disney has to come up with a more error-free reservation system too.

I agree with all those who feel it's time for Disney to require a credit card to make reservations at table service restaurants. Many places do this now and inform you that if the reservation isn't cancelled by a certain time, a charge will be levied against the credit card. It's unfortunate that those who play by the rules have to get punished for those who don't.

Cancel the double-bookers,and then flag their names and give them what is left after everyone else has ALL THEIR MEALS BOOKED!!!!! That will fix those selfish @#!%$#&s!!!! Some people just don't consider the next person!:mad:

No wonder it's so hard to get ADR's. Wow, just when you think you've seen it all....

How come everyone is so angry with the people just trying to make their vacation work? Shouldn't everyone be angry with Disney for setting up a system that makes is so dang hard! If they would release the hours just days before the 90 day mark opens, it would make is SOOOOOO much easier. I think another poster was right on when they said it was a plot to get people to buy hoppers. I don't know about you, but paying $50 / person just to jump to another park for dinner is not worth it to me (as that is the only reason we would use it)

Just my personal experience...

When traveling with the extended family we are always double and sometimes triple booked....When there are fourteen people staying together in two villas you want some space...We often split up for touring and dining.

I just made the August dining ressies and spoke to a CM specfically about this. I was told it is not a problem and they will not cancel any ressies because of these types of situations. Ever.;) (Her words not mine!)

I deal with all the booking and have never had a problem with ressies being cancelled in nine years of family vacations...Thank God! :)

I think some people on here are confusing split ADR reservations and people who double and triple book reservations for their entire party. A Dining CM can look at someone's reservation and see the number of people in their party. They can see if a party of 8 is, for instance, has a reservation for 4 at one park and another reservation for 4 at another park. That is a completely different situation than someone who books their entire party of 8 at LeCellier, Chef Mickey's and O'Hana all on the same night. THAT IS NOT OKAY!!!

I think some people on here are confusing split ADR reservations and people who double and triple book reservations for their entire party. A Dining CM can look at someone's reservation and see the number of people in their party. They can see if a party of 8 is, for instance, has a reservation for 4 at one park and another reservation for 4 at another park. That is a completely different situation than someone who books their entire party of 8 at LeCellier, Chef Mickey's and O'Hana all on the same night. THAT IS NOT OKAY!!!

No...Not confused. Sometimes we are dining at the same park, same time different restaurants. With the same name on all ressies...sometimes for more than the # of guests on the ressie...We have a few local friends in the Orlando area who join us during our trips.

I just wanted to share my experience.... If Disney was going to cancel ressies, wouldn't you think mine would be the first ones on the chopping block? We do not make more ressies than we need, but it would appear to WDW that we do.

I think that the ADR police might just be trying to enforce the rules.

Just my opinion.;)

No...Not confused. Sometimes we are dining at the same park, same time different restaurants. With the same name on all ressies...sometimes for more than the # of guests on the ressie...We have a few local friends in the Orlando area who join us during our trips.

I just wanted to share my experience.... If Disney was going to cancel ressies, wouldn't you think mine would be the first ones on the chopping block? We do not make more ressies than we need, but it would appear to WDW that we do.

I think that the ADR police might just be trying to enforce the rules.

Just my opinion.;)
There are two CMs on this thread alone who have said they have have personally cancelled dining reservations that were double booked. I don't think that was just a scare tactic, I believe that they did just that and I'm glad they did just that.

I like the idea of having a credit card hold on all advance dining reservations that way those with legitimate ADRs can be sorted out from the folks who are double and triple booking popular restaurants and times all on the same night, just so they can "make the most out of their vacation."

Please don't flame me for this, but why should there be a reservation system at all? :confused3 Why can't people just do walk in instead of ressies? This would eliminate the problem of double/triple booking. I mean, even with ADR's you usually have to wait for your table.:mad: If there is a TS that you REALLY have to go to...then WAIT for it. Even with free dining, I think it would be a better system. I remember when there was no such thing as an ADR, and we had no problems getting a TS that we wanted. And not to sound like a parrot repeating myself, but if we wanted that place we would WAIT for it.:scared1: This would eliminate the madness at TS. I can't tell you how many times I have heard " WHat do you mean our table isn't ready? I have an ADR for this time, and I don't think we should have to wait." Easy solution in my head...no adr's. People don't understand that an ADR is not a guarantee of the time, but rather just a table at some point. Just my humble opinion :)

I'm on board with the credit card idea- where are all of the double bookers? Not a peep on this thread huh?

There are two CMs on this thread alone who have said they have have personally cancelled dining reservations that were double booked. I don't think that was just a scare tactic, I believe that they did just that and I'm glad they did just that.

I like the idea of having a credit card hold on all advance dining reservations that way those with legitimate ADRs can be sorted out from the folks who are double and triple booking popular restaurants and times all on the same night, just so they can "make the most out of their vacation."

The CC hold would definitely solve the problem...but based on my experience Disney does not think a problem exists.

ADR's have gotten much more difficult to secure...I'm not happy about that. There could be a wave...tables being released in groups according to date? Kind of strange to call on the 90+ 10 at 7:00 am and not get a table at my desired location.

Please don't flame me for this, but why should there be a reservation system at all? :confused3 Why can't people just do walk in instead of ressies? This would eliminate the problem of double/triple booking. I mean, even with ADR's you usually have to wait for your table.:mad: If there is a TS that you REALLY have to go to...then WAIT for it. Even with free dining, I think it would be a better system. I remember when there was no such thing as an ADR, and we had no problems getting a TS that we wanted. And not to sound like a parrot repeating myself, but if we wanted that place we would WAIT for it.:scared1: This would eliminate the madness at TS. I can't tell you how many times I have heard " WHat do you mean our table isn't ready? I have an ADR for this time, and I don't think we should have to wait." Easy solution in my head...no adr's. People don't understand that an ADR is not a guarantee of the time, but rather just a table at some point. Just my humble opinion :)

Have you ever tried going to a popular restaurant on a Saturday night without a reservation? Even Applebees in my area can post 2hr+ waits. Would you really want to take that much time out of your vacation to wait for a meal every night?

The other unintended consequence of no ADRs would likely be MUCH longer waits at all the counter service locations, because people who don't want to bother with the long waits for TS would add to the traffic at CS in the parks. So in effect, you've created a system where no one is likely to get a meal in a timely fashion at normal meal times.

Disney does need to be clearer about what an ADR is, because it isn't a reservation in the traditional sense but rather more like call-ahead seating, but doing away with ADRs altogether is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter