cancel prepaid HDDR: can i get room credit?

JJsmama

WDW addict
I have paid almost $300 for HDDR, but have decided we'd rather do something else. I would rather use the already paid money toward my ressie balance than get a refund. Anyone know if this is possible?

I know i will have to call and ask but with my time difference, I wanted to ask here first.. :)

I have paid almost $300 for HDDR, but have decided we'd rather do something else. I would rather use the already paid money toward my ressie balance than get a refund. Anyone know if this is possible?

I know i will have to call and ask but with my time difference, I wanted to ask here first.. :)

You'll have to call to make sure, but I would guess that they would give you a refund for the HDDR and then you can make a payment on your room at the same time. If you use the same credit card for both the refund and the charge, and if the two transactions occur within the same billing period, then it should be alright.

They won't do a transfer of funds from one to the other. You'll have to go with the PP.

The room reservation and dining reservation systems are separate. You will not be able to transfer money between them.

As the pp's have said, you can't transfer money between a dining reservation and a resort reservation, so the money will be credited back to the cc you used. I would simply wait for the credit to appear on your cc and then make a payment on your resort reservation.

Looking at the OP's location, I assume the question is because of foreign exchange fees (something I've run into as well). Unfortunately, as PP's have mentioned that cannot transfer the money (I've asked before as I also deal with exchange fees).

Looking at the OP's location, I assume the question is because of foreign exchange fees (something I've run into as well). Unfortunately, as PP's have mentioned that cannot transfer the money (I've asked before as I also deal with exchange fees).

That's unfortunate. It's too bad they can't work some sort of magic using Disney gift cards.

They won't do a transfer of funds from one to the other. You'll have to go with the PP.

1) Refunds are made to the original payment method
. . . eg. VISA card to VISA card
. . . eg. AMEX to AMEX
. . . eg. room charge to room charge
2) This prevents people from "scamming a card".
. . . people have been known to charge, then take cash back
. . . it is also much easier to place a credit than transferring moneys
3) Most stores do it the same way
. . . eg. Walmart
. . . eg. Macy's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter