Canadian Tickets- expiry

Did you not post "I could have had the expiry date of my ticket changed to February 2023 but park reservations only go up to January 12th so we didn't do that."?

Literally on the phone because of the line you posted.

We will see what happens. Both cast members who forwarded me uses the working "I'm not able to do it, but ticket escalation will be able to help you out". So if they knowingly put me in a 3 hour cue for no reason I won't be to pleased.
SORRY! I forgot to add to that post that I said i was planning on being on site in February 2023 which is why the cast member i was speaking with gave that as an option IF i booked my room at the same time.

I'll go back and clear my post up, I'm truly sorry if I lead you down a garden path :(

I was only referring to people who are trying to just get their tickets open-ended again, my error.

Well, after 3 hours on the phone, 2 separate directed calls.
SORRY! I forgot to add to that post that I said i was planning on being on site in February 2023 which is why the cast member i was speaking with gave that as an option IF i booked my room at the same time.

I'll go back and clear my post up, I'm truly sorry if I lead you down a garden path :(

Ah, I have a room booked for Aug 2022 already.

Well, after getting to another CM, their phone was in and out, they ended the call without any communication. Funny, no other issues over the entire call, or the follow up survey.

Really not pleased at this point.

And poof, this morning my tickets have now disappeared from MDE as expected. Sad to see them go:( (I know they are still there in the background). Screen shots and printouts carefully stored away.

I'm on hold now to change dates on mine ... almost 2 hrs so far... but mine are just regular parkhoppers

So glad for this board or I would have been majorly stressed that I lost the tickets. 3 of or 5 tickets are also gone from the app. Our non-expiry ones are thankfully still there as they should be.

Disney will be extending expiry date of unused Canadian Resident Tickets from December 15, 2021 to December 2022. Spoke to a cast member today who was able to extend my ticket. A very recent development and info should be up on website in a few days. My daughter phoned separately and was also able to extend her ticket
Hope this is helpful to those still holding tickets!

Disney will be extending expiry date of unused Canadian Resident Tickets from December 15, 2021 to December 2022. Spoke to a cast member today who was able to extend my ticket. A very recent development and info should be up on website in a few days. My daughter phoned separately and was also able to extend her ticket
What!! Ah I hope this is for everyone. We had 3 of these tickets expire and are no longer showing on mde. Although ours expired sept of this year so not sure if totally the same ticket…for sure Canadian discount ones though.

I finally got an email back from Disneyland ticketing after MONTHS, they offered to extend my tickets to 2022 or give me the refund. I chose the refund because I don't think we plan to go to Disneyland in 2022 (we have a trip planned to Disney World) and also my son will have aged out of his child's ticket by then. They got back to me with the refund notice in less than a day.

Just thought I would add after my experience on the phone today. 1st I am sorry that the messaging is all different depending on who you get on the phone. And I can understand those who had negative experiences.
I called the 1888-870-9173 number ( thank you for posting it) and only waited the 17mins the recording told me it would be. Not bad in my books. Spoke with a lovely lady, and explained out situation. Ours is a little different then those PP.
We were in WDW the last day they were open prior to closing for Covid. We had 1 day water park tickets, and 5 day Can Res park tickets. We were only able to use 3 of the 5 days and did not use the WP. So Disney as we were checking out told us that we would have 2 days still to use, we would not lose them. But they would expire Sept 21 as everyone elses did. No problem for us we understood and were thankful as everyone did not know what would happen.
Fast forward to today, seeing all your post about the tickets disappearing, I checked and sure enough our park tickets were gone, but not the waterpark.
Now to complicate even more, prior to this I had noticed that only 3 of us were showing our park tickets, and 3 showing WP tickets, and not the same missing person on either ticket. I never called about this, since I was not too worried, they would see the glitch when we would book again and fix it.
But seeing everyone else post, just got me curious to see what my value of the tickets were now. The first lady on the phone could see what I was talking about, made some notes and explained that she could not help with this part of the tickets, but would have someone call me back within 1 hour. Ok no problem,,thank you.
Sure enough in under 1 hour someone called me back, no waiting on hold.
The new person had all the notes, understood, and explained that they had changed up some of their ticketing systems, ok. She could see the missing park passes, but not the missing WP. Did little more digging and then said she was making an executive decision and just issue a new WP pass, and then with the 2 day passes,,instead of just a dollar value, asked if we would be back before 2030. Said I sure hope so,,,so issued 4 new 2 day 1 park per day passes in our names to expire 2030.
Now some might think that is what Should have been done. I was happy just to be able to get a credit for days not used. As we have all heard, not just disney, but there are lots of business that said screw it and cancelled and no credits. ( lots of wedding venues here where I live) So to be able to get 2 days full,,and the WP full,,,well I will take the pixie dust and dance around.
I know others have not had the luck and great CM that I had today,,,,I just hope it doesnt sour the joy we all get when we cross under that WDW sign and you feel the stress of life just float away from you.

Thank you for this. The new Dec 15, 2022 expiry date is now on the website.
Now we have more time to get to use these! (Still waiting on my Air Canada refund from AirMiles for our March 2020 flights…sigh)
Although we were thinking Christmas 2022 but that won’t work with a Dec 15 expiry. With one kid on college and one in High school, we are limited when we can travel so that they don’t miss school.

So far only DL. I'm hoping this will mean a little more flexibility with the WDW tickets. I might try calling again and see what they have to say. It can't hurt and if I use the 1-800 # I'm only out of pocket for my time.

Just thought I would add after my experience on the phone today. 1st I am sorry that the messaging is all different depending on who you get on the phone. And I can understand those who had negative experiences.
I called the 1888-870-9173 number ( thank you for posting it) and only waited the 17mins the recording told me it would be. Not bad in my books. Spoke with a lovely lady, and explained out situation. Ours is a little different then those PP.
We were in WDW the last day they were open prior to closing for Covid. We had 1 day water park tickets, and 5 day Can Res park tickets. We were only able to use 3 of the 5 days and did not use the WP. So Disney as we were checking out told us that we would have 2 days still to use, we would not lose them. But they would expire Sept 21 as everyone elses did. No problem for us we understood and were thankful as everyone did not know what would happen.
Fast forward to today, seeing all your post about the tickets disappearing, I checked and sure enough our park tickets were gone, but not the waterpark.
Now to complicate even more, prior to this I had noticed that only 3 of us were showing our park tickets, and 3 showing WP tickets, and not the same missing person on either ticket. I never called about this, since I was not too worried, they would see the glitch when we would book again and fix it.
But seeing everyone else post, just got me curious to see what my value of the tickets were now. The first lady on the phone could see what I was talking about, made some notes and explained that she could not help with this part of the tickets, but would have someone call me back within 1 hour. Ok no problem,,thank you.
Sure enough in under 1 hour someone called me back, no waiting on hold.
The new person had all the notes, understood, and explained that they had changed up some of their ticketing systems, ok. She could see the missing park passes, but not the missing WP. Did little more digging and then said she was making an executive decision and just issue a new WP pass, and then with the 2 day passes,,instead of just a dollar value, asked if we would be back before 2030. Said I sure hope so,,,so issued 4 new 2 day 1 park per day passes in our names to expire 2030.
Now some might think that is what Should have been done. I was happy just to be able to get a credit for days not used. As we have all heard, not just disney, but there are lots of business that said screw it and cancelled and no credits. ( lots of wedding venues here where I live) So to be able to get 2 days full,,and the WP full,,,well I will take the pixie dust and dance around.
I know others have not had the luck and great CM that I had today,,,,I just hope it doesnt sour the joy we all get when we cross under that WDW sign and you feel the stress of life just float away from you.
Had the response I'd received been even slightly better than "it's not great to be you" (in spite of us having a prepaid Mar 2022 club level resort reservations with park ressies attached to the tickets in question) --- but it literally was "so sad -- too bad" in spite of the fact they could see (and confirmed they could see) we called twice in 2020 and confirmed that 2030 was the new date and we had ressies for March 2022.

I am totally glad your stuff worked out -- though... but a lot us were totally messed up in this and the result was not quite so magical --- they kept the money we'd paid them for tickets many months/2 years with no way/intention to honour them in the way they promised to in the confirmation calls. For many of us it's a pretty appalling way to treat customers.

I know some in this forum have tried to project it back on those affected and said let it go and stop being upset (but for some of us we paid $2000USD+ plus for something we thought was of value --- confirmed with WDW when things changed that the tickets and ressies were okay --- and then the company didn't honour their promises.) It honestly majorly changed my view of some posters in this forum for the worse. I'm ignoring them now --- so it's all good.

Last edited:
Had the response I'd received been even slightly better than "it's not great to be you" (in spite of us having a prepaid Mar 2022 club level resort reservations with park ressies attached to the tickets in question) --- but it literally was "so sad -- too bad" in spite of the fact they could see (and confirmed they could see) we called twice in 2020 and confirmed that 2030 was the new date and we had ressies for March 2022.

I am totally glad your stuff worked out -- though... but a lot us were totally messed up in this and the result was not quite so magical --- they kept the money we'd paid them for tickets many months/2 years with no way/intention to honour them in the way they promised to in the confirmation calls. For many of us it's a pretty appalling way to treat customers.

I know some in this forum have tried to project it back on those affected and said let it go and stop being upset (but for some of us we paid $2000USD+ plus for something we thought was of value --- confirmed with WDW when things changed that the tickets and ressies were okay --- and then the company didn't honour their promises.) It honestly majorly changed my view of some posters in this forum for the worse. I'm ignoring them now --- so it's all good.
Wow,,,so sorry to hear the exact oppisite of our experience. Have you tried calling back and getting a different cast member? I know if I had your response I wpuld feel the same way you did. Cant sqy its because we are DVC and you were booking cash,,because we didnt call the dvc line,,just called the 1888 number people have put on here.
Hope if you call back you get a much better reaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!