Canadian Tickets- expiry

I purchased directly from Disney (DL Canadian tickets), called them ealier this week, spent 1 hour and 55 minutes on the phone (mostly, on hold), spoke with a supervisor and was advised refund was not an option. :(
Tickets will expire in December but credit will stay there for a future visit, whenever that is. Like others, I would rather have the money back....

I purchased directly from Disney (DL Canadian tickets), called them ealier this week, spent 1 hour and 55 minutes on the phone (mostly, on hold), spoke with a supervisor and was advised refund was not an option. :(
Tickets will expire in December but credit will stay there for a future visit, whenever that is. Like others, I would rather have the money back....
Unless they stop the reservation system, these are essentially useless to anyone that has to travel to get to the parks. The value is held but you can’t upgrade the ticket until you get to the park but you can’t go to the park without a reservation. Disney needs to come up with a better solution. This is so far from magical. sigh 😔

We're impacted by this as well --- what's the point of paying for flexible date tickets if they can randomly mess up things to this extent with virtually no notice? And no ability to fix them so you can book park reservations.

I guess I'll call to see what my options are but I think we may just cancel our March trip.... I think between the changes to EMH, Genie+, etc... and now this ticket thing.... It just doesn't seem worth going at all. I'm toying with the idea of switching to UO for the week.

This is what I plan on doing (worst case scenario). I will purchase tickets for the next trip for all who are going. I was hoping to be able to use my Airmiles Flex date tickets for DH and myself but if there's still park reservations that's out.

While at Disney I will take the vouchers (Airmiles Flex date tickets) and have them applied to tickets (or cash put into my account) for a later visit for just DH and myself. It will mean more money out of pocket but I'll get an extra trip out of it.

The ones that I have read getting refunded are those purchased directly from Disney, not through a third party seller.
I bought mine directly from Disney and no refund. They either changed their policy or I got a misinformed CM on the phone.

We have the DL Canadian tickets. We are heading there in September, so I'm not worried about expiry. I had to call DL a few months ago and have them reinstate the tickets on my DL account because they weren't showing up there (we had previously canceled an April 2020 trip)

I was able to get them added back to my account and make the reservations on there for our trip. Quick questions though, they are the tiered ticket prices now and I'm wondering if I'll have to go to guest services and show my passport or pay extra or something to "Activate" the tickets like before? I'm assuming not because I was able to make reservations. Anyone have any current experience with this? TIA!

This is what I plan on doing (worst case scenario). I will purchase tickets for the next trip for all who are going. I was hoping to be able to use my Airmiles Flex date tickets for DH and myself but if there's still park reservations that's out.

While at Disney I will take the vouchers (Airmiles Flex date tickets) and have them applied to tickets (or cash put into my account) for a later visit for just DH and myself. It will mean more money out of pocket but I'll get an extra trip out of it.
So at the end of the day when I spoke to someone they acknowledged that they saw my 2 earlier attempts to confirm that the 2030 date were correct and that they confirmed that was what they said they'd do ... but ultimately it meant nothing at all. I'm literally Disney Done at this point... I've cancelled my resort ressie, they said they'd refund tickets. A super sad end to my many year disney obsession... it's sad.

Help me out...when I called the agent they told me that the money would be held as a credit for future use. I need to understand...

1. Where is my credit being held? And how do I access it?

2. If I use my credit to purchase new tickets for April 2022- then I can't book park pass reservations ahead of time?

This is way too confusing :(

Help me out...when I called the agent they told me that the money would be held as a credit for future use. I need to understand...

1. Where is my credit being held? And how do I access it?

2. If I use my credit to purchase new tickets for April 2022- then I can't book park pass reservations ahead of time?

This is way too confusing :(

1 - the credit is linked to your account. When you want to use it, you would go the Guest Services and they would apply the value of the old tickets as a credit to your new tickets

2 - THIS IS THE PROBLEM and why the current reservation makes this "idea of credit" useless for outsiders. Are you really going to go on a plane, spend thousands and risk not being able to get to the parks the day that you want?

Item #2 is what I hope Disney uses common sense and refunds the tickets OR extends the expiry date on them...

This is how I understand the issue. If i'm wrong on my assumption above, someone let me know, please...

1 - the credit is linked to your account. When you want to use it, you would go the Guest Services and they would apply the value of the old tickets as a credit to your new tickets

2 - THIS IS THE PROBLEM and why the current reservation makes this "idea of credit" useless for outsiders. Are you really going to go on a plane, spend thousands and risk not being able to get to the parks the day that you want?

Item #2 is what I hope Disney uses common sense and refunds the tickets OR extends the expiry date on them...

This is how I understand the issue. If i'm wrong on my assumption above, someone let me know, please...

wow, this credit seems pretty much useless for anyone travelling in. This really sucks. Last time I was on hold it took over 2.5 hours and 50$ LD charges to be told it was a credit. I thought the credit was like a store credit, I could go to Disney Go online and buy my tickets and automatically the credit will be applied, it seems like what you folks are saying is I have to go to the actual booth and upgrade my “expired” tickets to a current ticket once I arrive on property? This sounds useless!

Are these the same tickets you could have purchased at CAA. I purchased mine in 2017. I still have the print out from Disney web site that states they never expire. We are suppose to go in May of 2022.

Are these the same tickets you could have purchased at CAA. I purchased mine in 2017. I still have the print out from Disney web site that states they never expire. We are suppose to go in May of 2022.

the tickets I'm talking about are the ones that were purchased with an expiry date. In my case, Disneyland ones bought BEFORE the pandemic and that were extended until December of this year. I BELIEVE (not 100% sure), if you have regular tickets that you could buy from AirMiles, DL or WDW directly, UnderCover Tourist, those will not expire.

I have Canadian discount tickets purchased direct from Disney pre COVID. They extended until next month, but since the boarder has not been officially open and the US recommendation is to avoid entering the country for none essential reasons I think it’s absolutely crazy they are not helping out those with these tickets.

We have a cruise booked for next aug and we will be booking a DVC stay for our land portion. If they do not extend, refund, or give me credit that I can use to purchase tickets before arrival I will be canceling everything.

I have yet to call, I as do not want to wait on hold for hours. Anyone have an email they have used successfully for escalation?

i think there are several scenarios going on here. For me it was a 6 day WDW Canadian discount ticket purchased back in January 2020 via Costco Vacations with hotel at All Stars for travel Aug 2020. I think these CAD discount tickets were usually offered during the winter months for travel during the summer for the last few years Pre-COVID.

When things got locked down we were able to cancel our hotel portion for refund but kept our tickets as the discount was pretty good (hindsight should have got everything refunded to avoid this mess- who would have thought this would still going on Over a year). The tickets were changed to expiry date Dec 2020 than later Sept 26 2021. I have now been told by Cust Service no refunds and it will be a credit for tickets, which seems from what I am reading is an “in person” credit requiring one to upgrade my existing expired (Sept 2021) tickets at the actual booth, not a regular kind of credit you would find sitting in your account to be directly applied to purchases In shopping cart. It is nice that Disney gave the extensions but that should be the minimal that they offered due to circumstances.

Others here have the tickets purchased for DL or from CAA or direct from Disney.

I have Canadian discount tickets purchased direct from Disney pre COVID. They extended until next month, but since the boarder has not been officially open and the US recommendation is to avoid entering the country for none essential reasons I think it’s absolutely crazy they are not helping out those with these tickets.

We have a cruise booked for next aug and we will be booking a DVC stay for our land portion. If they do not extend, refund, or give me credit that I can use to purchase tickets before arrival I will be canceling everything.

I have yet to call, I as do not want to wait on hold for hours. Anyone have an email they have used successfully for escalation?
Someone posted this ticketing email in a thread in the Disneyland forum (would be for Disneyland only I think), however I emailed them Aug 17 and still have yet to receive a response….
dlr.guest.information.ticket.sales2@disney.com

i think there are several scenarios going on here. For me it was a 6 day WDW Canadian discount ticket purchased back in January 2020 via Costco Vacations with hotel at All Stars for travel Aug 2020. I think these CAD discount tickets were usually offered during the winter months for travel during the summer for the last few years Pre-COVID.

When things got locked down we were able to cancel our hotel portion for refund but kept our tickets as the discount was pretty good (hindsight should have got everything refunded to avoid this mess- who would have thought this would still going on Over a year). The tickets were changed to expiry date Dec 2020 than later Sept 26 2021. I have now been told by Cust Service no refunds and it will be a credit for tickets, which seems from what I am reading is an “in person” credit requiring one to upgrade my existing expired (Sept 2021) tickets at the actual booth, not a regular kind of credit you would find sitting in your account to be directly applied to purchases In shopping cart. It is nice that Disney gave the extensions but that should be the minimal that they offered due to circumstances.

Others here have the tickets purchased for DL or from CAA or direct from Disney.
I am in a similar situation as you but with Disneyland parkhoppers. Initially I was least worried about the tickets as in the past they always held their value and could be upgraded at the parks if need be. That still stands but the reservation requirement throws a wrench in making it a useless solution for anyone that has to travel to get to the parks.

ok, just got off phone with Disney (90 minute wait). Spoke with a very nice and knowledgeable lady (Casey) and she stated Following in response to my questions. Also just realized my ticket was only for 5 days, not 6.

1) to Get a refund on the tickets Disney must have your original CC on file as purchasing card. Since mine was purchased through Costco Vacations this was not possible for me. You can’t give them another CC after the fact.

2) other option is to let tickets expire and there would be a credit amount In your account for the unused tickets Original price. If you buy tickets going forward from Disney via phone (not through website) or in person at the booth than the agent can apply the credit amount towards the new tickets at current price but new tickets only, nothing else. She also said this used to be only possible in person at the ticket booth but due to number of calls about this the agents are now allowed to apply the credit for phone ticket purchases, for now.

3) other option is call prior to expiration date and change the dates of your arrival( she said Disney is flexible with this now) to later date. Than if required call again in future and push the date even further back. It seems like you can do this indefinitely, for now. She said this has been popular as people can keep the tickets they have at the price they paid for the tickets in the past versus the current Price that goes up every year.

4). She said the last option is to get the full amount back as a non-expiring Disney Digital gift card that can be used at any Disney online or in person purchase, whether Disney store, WDW or DL onsite, food and gifts, vacation packages, DCL etc... this is the option I chose. I would have chosen option 3 but started thinking as my daughter is a little older that whenever we do get to Disney we may need more than 5 days. I forgot to ask if this gift card would be accepted if I book through TA or only if I go direct through Disney.

I will update when/if I get the gift card. Sorry for long post.

ok, just got off phone with Disney (90 minute wait). Spoke with a very nice and knowledgeable lady (Casey) and she stated Following in response to my questions. Also just realized my ticket was only for 5 days, not 6.

1) to Get a refund on the tickets Disney must have your original CC on file as purchasing card. Since mine was purchased through Costco Vacations this was not possible for me. You can’t give them another CC after the fact.

2) other option is to let tickets expire and there would be a credit amount In your account for the unused tickets Original price. If you buy tickets going forward from Disney via phone (not through website) or in person at the booth than the agent can apply the credit amount towards the new tickets at current price but new tickets only, nothing else. She also said this used to be only possible in person at the ticket booth but due to number of calls about this the agents are now allowed to apply the credit for phone ticket purchases, for now.

3) other option is call prior to expiration date and change the dates of your arrival( she said Disney is flexible with this now) to later date. Than if required call again in future and push the date even further back. It seems like you can do this indefinitely, for now. She said this has been popular as people can keep the tickets they have at the price they paid for the tickets in the past versus the current Price that goes up every year.

4). She said the last option is to get the full amount back as a non-expiring Disney Digital gift card that can be used at any Disney online or in person purchase, whether Disney store, WDW or DL onsite, food and gifts, vacation packages, DCL etc... this is the option I chose. I would have chosen option 3 but started thinking as my daughter is a little older that whenever we do get to Disney we may need more than 5 days. I forgot to ask if this gift card would be accepted if I book through TA or only if I go direct through Disney.

Thank you, hoping these options are available once I have a chance to call about my Canadian resident DL parkhoppers.
A gift card would be good, then we could just buy new tickets when we are ready to go then use the gift card either towards those or for meals etc in the parks.

I have been able to use gift cards when booking through a TA, I can't see why it would be different with a digital one vs a plastic one, I just provided the number to the TA and she called to apply it, or use as a deposit. This was Disney TA, not just costco or something so not sure if that makes a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter