Canadian Resident Tickets Extension?

I used the app chat function. I had to wait 30 minutes for someone to connect with me, but at least I could do other things since I just left my phone next to me. Try that!

My experience with chat was REALLY bad. The lady just informed that the tickets were not refundable and that they wouldn't lose face value and ended the chat without even giving me the chance to ask more questions.
I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. On the phone yesterday, I tried to be super polite, explaining we don't see ourselves going to California (flying) in at least 3 years, explained the wife doesn't want to fly, but we could drive to Florida. Even asked if the tickets could be "transferred" to Florida, which the answer was no.
Was sent to the supervisor, who apologized and sympathized with my situation, but only offered to refund the maxpass component....
Thanks for any help....

I finally got a reply on the app chat. They have issued me refunds for 3 sets of our groups tickets for Disneyland. She said I should see the refund on original form of purchase with in 2 billing cycles.
It took me over a week to get a reply back on the app and had to fill out a separate form for each purchase.

Keep trying if you have been told no.

Just an update, I received my refund to my gift card and credit card for our tickets. Took just over 2 weeks to get the money back. If you have tickets that you can't use keep asking for a refund. When I asked for it I mentioned that they would be expired and therefore I couldn't use them for reservations because I needed to trade the tickets in at the ticket booth. The cast member was great and sent me 3 different refund forms to fill out...

I don't know if it is as easy with Disneyworld tickets though

I got this update from Disney.

The Canadian Ticket offer NOW expires 12/15/22. If you are not able to visit prior to this date, you can bring your unused, expired tickets to the Ticket Booth. They will be able to apply the money you paid towards a new ticket purchase of equal or greater value.

The Canadian Ticket offer NOW expires 12/15/22. If you are not able to visit prior to this date, you can bring your unused, expired tickets to the Ticket Booth. They will be able to apply the money you paid towards a new ticket purchase of equal or greater value.

Seriously? Of course after I already paid to change them. Sigh

Really? Mine are no longer showing in MDE

I called ticketing this morning. Waited on hold for 2 hours. I have Canadian 10 day tickets that expired in September. The cast member told me that there was no extension to these. He did not know about the Disneyland extension-
As he just deals with WDW tickets. I asked to speak to a supervisor to see if I would hear differently. But he said he was the supervisor. So the word from ticketing is no extension on the WDW ones.

Last edited:

Is this for DL or DW? Do you need to call to get the extension or is it automatic? This would save my family a huge amount of trouble!!! Also, can anyone find a link?

Last edited:
Is this for DL or DW? Do you need to call to get the extension or is it automatic? This would save my family a huge amount of trouble!!! Also, can anyone find a link?
My tickets are for WDW. But from the posts in this thread others have gotten extensions for DL until Dec. 2022. My friends called a few weeks ago and her DL Canadian tickets extended to Dec. 2022. Looks like DL is doing this. But not WDW.
Right now for my family of 4 I will be paying $800US to move my expired Canadian tickets to next Aug 2022. :(

Thanks for sharing!!!! I have the paper tickets, do I need to put them in the app?
I had linked mine in the app in early 2020. Then they disappeared and still aren’t showing.
I’m not worrying about that until early 2022 - we are traveling in August 2022.
It also states the new expiration date will appear in the app by December 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!