Canadian Resident Tickets Extension?

Theoat

Earning My Ears
Hi There,

Does anyone know if there is a new updated extension for Canadian Resident Park Tickets for Disneyland California, beyond the last posted December.16, 2021 expiration?
I don't even see that date on their website anymore.

Thank you !

I also would like to know.... I purchased my tickets with MaxPass which is also not available at this point...

I haven’t heard anything about extensions, just that the value of our tickets could go towards the purchase of new tickets. I’m hoping to get there this year yet and if MaxPass isn’t reinstated there have been reports that they will refund that portion of the tickets in the form of a Disney gift card at guest services.

I haven’t heard anything about extensions, just that the value of our tickets could go towards the purchase of new tickets. I’m hoping to get there this year yet and if MaxPass isn’t reinstated there have been reports that they will refund that portion of the tickets in the form of a Disney gift card at guest services.
So sad. MaxPass was great. Especially at the lower rate. With the way Disney is raising prices on everything I hate to think what they’ll do with MaxPass. And if they’ll keep the paper FPs.

So sad. MaxPass was great. Especially at the lower rate. With the way Disney is raising prices on everything I hate to think what they’ll do with MaxPass. And if they’ll keep the paper FPs.
It is sad. I love MaxPass and think it’s far superior to FP+ at WDW. I’d love to see it come back unchanged but who knows with all the changes happening with Disney right now.

When I called in to talk to a cast member to get my tickets re attached to my account she told me that you could go online and have the max pass portion of the tickets refunded if max pass was not available when you go. I have not looked at it yet though. She also said she didn't know if they were being extended beyond this December but I hope they do. We had a larger group going last year that had to cancel and they will not be ready to travel before this December. Sure would be nice if they were able to just use the tickets instead of having to upgrade at the park before entry etc.

I talked to a Cast Member this morning. She said they are not likely extending the expiration date. It wouldn't be too much of an issue if you didn't have to reserve your ticket dates as well. You could just go to a ticket kiosk and update the ticket there. However, I plan to go in March and with the current system. I wouldn't be able to reserve a park with expired tickets.

She was going to refund me for the tickets but I purchased through CAA so she couldn't. I brought the tickets to AMA for a refund and they said it could take several months to get my refund.

This was the response I received:

"As per our Disneyland® Resort website, many tickets have been extended to use past the expiration date you see on your ticket. Please visit our site to see our ticket extensions.

[Post wouldn't allow me to post link to Disney's website] Please scroll all the way down to THEME PARK TICKETS on the link provided.

We will not be replacing tickets with new ones. You just use the same ticket you have in hand.

You can keep checking back on that same page to see if tickets get extended even further.

Link your tickets to the Disneyland® Park APP to make a park reservation. "

I guess I'll still hold off hoping they will extend the expiration longer and plan go in Spring 2022, considering the duration they were closed.
I'm thinking if they haven't extended by November, tests/quarantine & reservations are still in place, then request a refund.

Since it seemed unlikely we'd be able to swing a trip between now and mid December, I was able to cancel my Canadian Resident tickets we purchased back in March of 2020 through the chat on the Disneyland app today. It was pretty straight forward. Sad to cancel but maybe someday down the road we will return - with kids grown now it's not the same anymore either.

Just FYI everybody, the MDE app chat will not cancel your tix (figured I’d try since the DL chat allows it) 😒😒😒79A544C6-AB9B-4F16-B290-58ECFEFFF058.png

I talked to a Cast Member this morning. She said they are not likely extending the expiration date. It wouldn't be too much of an issue if you didn't have to reserve your ticket dates as well. You could just go to a ticket kiosk and update the ticket there. However, I plan to go in March and with the current system. I wouldn't be able to reserve a park with expired tickets.

She was going to refund me for the tickets but I purchased through CAA so she couldn't. I brought the tickets to AMA for a refund and they said it could take several months to get my refund.
This makes me so sad. I have 4 - 5 day DL parkhoppers that I feel are essentially useless now. Like you I did not purchase them from Disney, I got them through AirMiles. AirMiles is not offering refunds at all and told me to contact Diisney. Disney told me they can’t do anything because they weren’t purchased through them. They said they do hold their value which can be used towards new tickets at the parks. That is useless with the reservation system when you have to travel to get there. It’s a catch-22 and I am so disheartened by it all. (Not to mention I am still waiting for my Air Canada refund through AirMiles as well for the flights for this March 2020 cancelled trip). So frustrating.

I cancelled my Canadian Disneyland tickets on Sunday As I know I won’t get there for a few years now. Anyone know how long the refund takes to show back up on your card?

Hi There,

Does anyone know if there is a new updated extension for Canadian Resident Park Tickets for Disneyland California, beyond the last posted December.16, 2021 expiration?
I don't even see that date on their website anymore.

Thank you !

I called earlier this year and got the following information. We have Cdn @ Par 5 day park hoppers, with Maxpass attached for a total invested of $782 USD. We plan to use them later this year and if not then we will cancel them and get back our original purchase price.

Tickets purchased at the Par sale in 2019/2020, with an original expiry date of Dec 2020, were automatically extended until the end of 2021.

After Jan 1 2022, the unused tickets would considered as credit towards current priced park tickets "any" time in the future. Essentially a non-expirable credit to be used for a future park visit for the original USD amount paid $ value only and NOT 5 day park hoppers.

They also told us that ....

- We could "give them away" to any other Canadian to use (no selling them) - Any other Cdn could use the tickets that were in our names.
- We could get a full refund, or
- We could hold onto them and use them before Dec 31 2021, we would also be immune for any price increases, they were 5 day park-hoppers and could be used as such. If there were restrictions on visitors (eg: limit of # of guests) we would be given higher priority than someone trying to buy a ticket.
- If unused by Dec 31st then they were a future credit whenever we next visited DLR.

Last edited:
I called earlier this year and got the following information. We have Cdn @ Par 5 day park hoppers, with Maxi pass attached for a total invested of $782 USD. We plan to use them later this year and if not then we will cancel them and get back our original purchase price.

Tickets purchased at the Par sale in 2019/2020, with an original expiry date of Dec 2020, were automatically extended until the end of 2021.

After Jan 1 2022, the unused tickets would considered as credit towards current priced park tickets "any" time in the future. Essentially a non-expirable credit to be used for a future park visit for the original USD amount paid $ value only and NOT 5 day park hoppers.

They also told us that ....

- We could "give them away" to any other Canadian to use (no selling them) - Any other Cdn could use the tickets that were in our names.
- We could get a full refund, or
- We could hold onto them and use them before Dec 31 2021, we would also be immune for any price increases, they were 5 day park-hoppers and could be used as such. If there were restrictions on visitors (eg: limit of # of guests) we would be given higher priority than someone trying to buy a ticket.
- If unused by Dec 31st then they were a future credit whenever we next visited DLR.

I wonder what "given higher priority than someone trying to buy a ticket" would really mean.
If the reservation system was still in place, I wouldn't fly down hoping they would make an exception to the reservation system.

Best case scenario for us knowing we wouldn't be able to go until 2022, would be to extend the deadline so we can make a reservation with the existing tickets.
Hopefully they are waiting until the border is open to Canadians to assess how much to extend them by.

I cancelled my Canadian Disneyland tickets on Sunday As I know I won’t get there for a few years now. Anyone know how long the refund takes to show back up on your card?

We cancelled ours on Saturday. I was told it could take "some time" for it to process and show up on the CC.

Reporting back that I got my refund from my cancelled Canadian Disneyland tickets. Took just 8 business days for the refund to show back on the Disney Gift Card I used. Hope this information is helpful to someone else still waiting on their ticket refund. Hopefully one day I'll get out to Disneyland. For now, I'll stick with Disney World.

Reporting back that I got my refund from my cancelled Canadian Disneyland tickets. Took just 8 business days for the refund to show back on the Disney Gift Card I used. Hope this information is helpful to someone else still waiting on their ticket refund. Hopefully one day I'll get out to Disneyland. For now, I'll stick with Disney World.

Our refund came through yesterday. So about the same timeframe.

47 minutes on hold and still waiting to try to get my refunds :(

47 minutes on hold and still waiting to try to get my refunds :(
1 hour and 55 minutes on the phone, no luck.
Spoke with the supervisor, was only offered to get the MaxPass component refunded, which I politely declined.
Face value stays there. A bit upset since we have to plans to go back to Disneyland for now, but oh well....
Congrats to those who were able to get a full refund....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter