Canadian DVC Members - 198 - List on Page 1

We are teetering on the fence, actually DH is jumping up and down on his end, and I'm just about there. Does anyone know what the next incentives are going to be, or if they are going to extend the current rates with developer points??

What UY should we have if we plan to always travel in Dec/Jan?? I'm a little confused on that.

55 now.

Cdn Tink, I was on the fence for a few years too! That being said I have no regrets.

I don't think the use year really matters as much now that the banking rules have changed, others will correct me if I'm wrong. I have a Sept UY and it seems right for my needs. I like to travel to WDW in Dec, Jan, Feb and Mar because the weather here sucks so it's nice to get away. With my UY being Sept, I have until April 30th to decide if I'm going to bank my points, which is fine because I'm usually have had my Disney fix by then.

55 now.

Cdn Tink, I was on the fence for a few years too! That being said I have no regrets.

I don't think the use year really matters as much now that the banking rules have changed, others will correct me if I'm wrong. I have a Sept UY and it seems right for my needs. I like to travel to WDW in Dec, Jan, Feb and Mar because the weather here sucks so it's nice to get away. With my UY being Sept, I have until April 30th to decide if I'm going to bank my points, which is fine because I'm usually have had my Disney fix by then.

Thanks yxe dad for keeping a great tally of this thread!:goodvibes

No worries, what else can I do in -30 weather.:confused3

I was searching for this thread after my Oct trip but couldn't get the search function to work for me, Knox got the ball rolling again by finding it for us!

Shayne

Put me on the list.
DW & myself bought at AKV in October while on a disney Cruise.

We're staying at the Beach Club Villas in March and planning another trip to WDW with perhaps at stop at Hilton Head this August.

We'll be at BCV this March as well.... Also thinking about a trip to HH in August. Never been to HH. Really looking forward to it. Small World:)

First, let me say that I do not own DVC and you may choose to disregard what I have to say because of that but I believe it is relevant. I think that using your DVC to trade into other places may be a terrible use of your points. A better plan may be to rent your points to subsidize vacations elsewhere but I'm not even sure that is a good use of your points. If frequent trading or renting is in your plans, wouldn't owning elsewhere be a better course?

I don't just want to go to other places with my points. I am just very happy to be able to have that possiblity. In fact since getting my points I have stayed at OKW in Jan 2007 and just made ressies for Aug 2008 at SSR. I have also rented my points to help others which I would do again if I am able. I am now trying to convince DH to get more points especially with want Disney is offering right now. Have a great one:goodvibes

Hi from Ottawa! We bought resale at SSR last October. First visit is next month. We are on the waiting list for Hilton Head this summer so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I posted this on the regular board, but want to know all of your opinions on the DVC tour, did you take it or not, did it influence you or not? How long was it, did you have to make an appointment??

Make that 57.

Another Ottawa family here. We bought AKV last July. We are heading down for our first trip home during March Break - (8th -17th March).:banana: I can't wait.

Claire

I posted this on the regular board, but want to know all of your opinions on the DVC tour, did you take it or not, did it influence you or not? How long was it, did you have to make an appointment??

I took the tour in March 07 after 7 years of saying that I should.

It sure did, I bought 3 days after the tour!

It took about an hour and a half.

We were at MGM and the Cheerleaders were driving us crazy, we needed a quick exit and the DVC booth guy promised to get us a van to the front of the park in 10min. The tour and our guide were great and the AKV show suite was amazing.

I think the tour was worth the time we lost at the parks, and the fast passes made up for that time anyway.

The only thing I regret is not studying the point charts a little closer, I would've bought a few more points!

Add me in. #58 I guess. We have a contract at SSR in 2005 and a small add-on at VAKL. Stayed there when it was AKL and bought ASAP when it became DVC. Going to stay there again in December.

Cheers
Ed

We were in DL in November. Being from Alberta we had 5 and a half days for park time, tour time, make up our minds and sign everything time. We took the tour and always recommend you do so you are making an informed decision. If you cannot fit it in don't buy imo at that time. Did it influence me?....no. We researched for 7 months before we even took the tour so we were confident with our decision by the time we took it. Taking it helped put everything into a visual perspective and allowed us to ask any questions to our guide. We made an appointment and it took approx 2 hours with all our question asking.hth:goodvibes

Add me in. #58 I guess. We have a contract at SSR in 2005 and a small add-on at VAKL. Stayed there when it was AKL and bought ASAP when it became DVC. Going to stay there again in December.

Cheers
Ed

Are you trying to get on the list twice or just trying to see if I'm paying attention?

Your #10 on my list and the 11th post on this thread.

Are you trying to get on the list twice or just trying to see if I'm paying attention?

Your #10 on my list and the 11th post on this thread.

Someone has to keep tabs on you! Running rampant, requesting discounts racking up another DIS long thread!:goodvibes Great to see so much
activity on this thread!

Someone has to keep tabs on you! Running rampant, requesting discounts racking up another DIS long thread!:goodvibes Great to see so much
activity on this thread!

I can be a little overprotective of my threads, sometimes you just have to let them grow up.

I think I moght be number 58 then.......?Bought at SSR in 2005....no regrets here:thumbsup2 we will be heading back on march 6th this year....SSR and VWL...should be fun....this is our 10th trip....ten years with our dd who is now 14 going on 40. Should be interesting! It's never the same twice that's for sure!:rotfl2:

Snarfieca, How can I purchase small contracts like yours?
signed, Another Brenda in Manitoba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter