Canadian DVC Members - 198 - List on Page 1

...but I am from Manitoba. We purchased a small contract by resale though The Timeshare Store, who sponsors the DVC boards on the DIS. We dealt with Jerry Sydow and we were very happy with his assistance. We told him what resort we wanted, the the contract size (we gave him a range) and checked in with him regularly until we ended up with what we wanted.

The small contracts, when they come up for resale, are often sold before they can be posted on the various broker websites, so if you are at the point you know you want to buy, I suggest contacting a broker.

Thanks for the info... that is exactly what I am going to do. Do I still need to complete the transaction in Florida or can this be done from home?

I don't think I've posted yet.:confused3
Purchased 150 points at BWV Jan/07, first trip was Nov/07 with 5 other friends.
Next trip AKV, in 32 days(not that I'm counting).;)
It will be very hard to leave there without an attack of addonitis:scared1:

I think I moght be number 58 then.......?Bought at SSR in 2005....no regrets here:thumbsup2 we will be heading back on march 6th this year....SSR and VWL...should be fun....this is our 10th trip....ten years with our dd who is now 14 going on 40. Should be interesting! It's never the same twice that's for sure!:rotfl2:

I don't think I've posted yet.:confused3
Purchased 150 points at BWV Jan/07, first trip was Nov/07 with 5 other friends.
Next trip AKV, in 32 days(not that I'm counting).;)
It will be very hard to leave there without an attack of addonitis:scared1:

I have both of you on the list already:thumbsup2.

Finding #58 is going to be tougher than finding a date to the prom.:scared1:

Have a great day all you Canadian DISer's,

Shayne

I just found this thread as I've been busy with my new baby! We own 175 points @ SSR and 125 points @ AKV.

We love our DVC! Tiger :)

We own 330 pts at OKW (two contracts) both purchased through A Timeshare Broker (when Jaki was still there). We almost never stay at OKW though (even though we love it). We've stayed at 4 DVC resorts since we bought in 2000 and have a short stay at Vero Beach (first time there) coming up in June.

BTW, yxe dad - I was raised in yqr and my parents still live there. Go Riders! :cheer2:

- Mike

Anybody who owns DVC, have you ever sold any? I'm looking to buy some points to stay during my upcoming wedding and disneymoon.

Anybody who owns DVC, have you ever sold any? I'm looking to buy some points to stay during my upcoming wedding and disneymoon.

If you are looking to rent points you need to head over to this forum.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

The powers that be are very particular about renting/borrowing points threads, probably due some folks abusing things.

Very strict posting guide lines also.

I just found this thread as I've been busy with my new baby! We own 175 points @ SSR and 125 points @ AKV.

We love our DVC! Tiger :)

We own 330 pts at OKW (two contracts) both purchased through A Timeshare Broker (when Jaki was still there). We almost never stay at OKW though (even though we love it). We've stayed at 4 DVC resorts since we bought in 2000 and have a short stay at Vero Beach (first time there) coming up in June.

BTW, yxe dad - I was raised in yqr and my parents still live there. Go Riders! :cheer2:

- Mike

Hi and Welcome.

I was born in Regina but the parents moved to Saskatoon before I turned one. The Grey Cup was great this year but the way this off season is going it will be another 16 years!

Shayne

Thanks for the info... that is exactly what I am going to do. Do I still need to complete the transaction in Florida or can this be done from home?

It can be done at home. We in fact never even took the DVC tour. We were saving up to stay at Beach Club when we realized that the money would be better spent buying DVC points!

The Timeshare Store was great. They simply courier the documents to you. The only major things to that you need to attend to, as I recall, are that
  • you need a notary to witness some signatures, and
  • you must send them U.S. funds, which, unles you have a U.S. bank account, means buying a bank draft from your bank or credit union.

Good luck with your purchase! I know we have been very happy with ours :thumbsup2 .

It can be done at home. We in fact never even took the DVC tour. We were saving up to stay at Beach Club when we realized that the money would be better spent buying DVC points!

The Timeshare Store was great. They simply courier the documents to you. The only major things to that you need to attend to, as I recall, are that
  • you need a notary to witness some signatures, and
  • you must send them U.S. funds, which, unles you have a U.S. bank account, means buying a bank draft from your bank or credit union.

Good luck with your purchase! I know we have been very happy with ours :thumbsup2 .

Ok CanadianGuy our new Canadian MOD CONGRATS!:yay: The Dvc'ers are starting to ask some pretty good questions here. Are we allowed to discuss DVC here or can we just keep count yet?

Well technically it's my mother's membership, but she's made me an associate and I do all the bookings as she likes to take me, dw, ds1 ds2 dd as well as my brother all together. So I consider myself a member and I love DVC! :lovestruc

We own at SSR and are thinking of adding on at BCV (don't tell my husband though!).

Well technically it's my mother's membership, but she's made me an associate and I do all the bookings as she likes to take me, dw, ds1 ds2 dd as well as my brother all together. So I consider myself a member and I love DVC! :lovestruc

We own at SSR and AKV.

Me too! Boardwalk Villas owner.

We too own at SSR!

Welcome and thanks for joining the Canadian DVC thread.

Shayne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter