Canadian Buffoon's Disney With a Teen Vacation - 08/13 - The Wrap

Waiting patiently. (Disguised in being scheduled every day this week and getting called in early and staying late on top of that.) I can wait. Wish the time frame was a scooch later cuz then, ya know....

Last edited:
Ok, I'll bite. Did you add a cruise and then Disneyland to your itinerary? party:

I was thinking that the timing works out for 7 night cruise out of Port Canaveral leaving on the 19th, perhaps they won the lottery and Ruby got a week off to join him after the WDW time. On a non Disney line cash goes a lot farther.

I highly doubt he would be going to DL, otherwise I should have received a PM to set up a meet!

The Mods can close this any time. ;)

I thought it was 250 pages, at least on the old boards. I play Last to Post on the games boards and when we hit 250 was when the game would go into overdrive. On the ew boards we got up somewhere around 400 before they shut it down.

Cryptic indeed

giphy.gif

Don't read between the lines too much...

Fell free to copy and move it as necessary...

Nah. It can stay in this TR.

I would have been aiming for the top of page 200.
But y'all had already got there before I noticed what shenanigans were going on.

::yes::

You takin' about the significance of Sept 24th, or that it would be a week after you get back home
(possibly meaning that there could be something else afoot once you get back that will be keeping you busy for that time frame).

Um.... sort of... but... nope.

Or am I just not seeing Murder for the Crows...

Yes.

I thought it was 250 pages, at least on the old boards. I play Last to Post on the games boards and when we hit 250 was when the game would go into overdrive. On the ew boards we got up somewhere around 400 before they shut it down.

I just meant... Maybe it's time, if he's getting tired of inane posts like mine. ;)

Waiting patiently. (Disguised in being scheduled every day this week and getting called in early and staying late on top of that.) I can wait. Wish the time frame was a scooch later cuz then, ya know....

I hear you.
Put in an extra three hours yesterday
(they wanted eight,
but I had tickets to go see Shrek the Musical with Kay)
and sixteen today.

I will definitely not be in Florida then.

Poop.
Still.

Then, I will theoretically follow your next TR and hang on your every word.

You are theorizing that there will be a "next TR"?

The Mods can close this any time. ;)

True. Maybe they will.
"Geez pkondz... enough!"

Ok, I'll bite. Did you add a cruise and then Disneyland to your itinerary? party:

ooooh! Wouldn't that be nice!

No. The budget is still blown by Luna.
It's still WDW for pkondz
and then Banff for pkondz & Ruby.

I was thinking that the timing works out for 7 night cruise out of Port Canaveral leaving on the 19th, perhaps they won the lottery and Ruby got a week off to join him after the WDW time. On a non Disney line cash goes a lot farther.

Nope. Although I wouldn't say no if it could happen.
I'm still going solo to the World.
And it's still just from the 14th to the 18th.

Had I mentioned the dates before?
Not sure.
But it was always going to be a quick trip.

I highly doubt he would be going to DL, otherwise I should have received a PM to set up a meet!

You got that right!!!

Well... sort of.
I would have said that I was going....
and then left it up to you if you
wanted to see me.
I'm not coming to your home
uninvited!

The DISDads thread is sitting at 459 pages right now.

I just meant... Maybe it's time, if he's getting tired of inane posts like mine. ;)

I will never get tired of your posts, Liesa.
(Which are always entertaining
and never, ever inane.)

However, as mentioned...
The Mods may have had enough of me!

Oh, crap. Gotta get back to work.
I see your updates Liesa and Alison.
I'll get to them later today, hopefully.

Since the last overhaul of the website, data usage and thread size was no longer a performance issue.
The Mods don't bother to close any threads now unless you ask them to
(of tick them off in some fashion, but still...)

The DISDads thread is sitting at 459 pages right now.
Case and point.

We use to compete to get the last word and/or enter the most posts in the various threads over in our musty ol' clubhouse, but now the Mods don't close 'em and you can't determine post counts by User-ID either.

We use to compete to get the last word and/or enter the most posts in the various threads over in our musty ol' clubhouse, but now the Mods don't close 'em and you can't determine post counts by User-ID either.

There is an entire game devoted to that on the games board. I guess the mods now pick their favorite and close it when that user has the last post.

Since the last overhaul of the website, data usage and thread size was no longer a performance issue.
The Mods don't bother to close any threads now unless you ask them to
(of tick them off in some fashion, but still...)

I don't want to tick them off.
But sometimes I tock too much.

There is an entire game devoted to that on the games board. I guess the mods now pick their favorite and close it when that user has the last post.

Really? So the same people will always win?

Could be that an arrangement was made with the moderator for that board.
I actually discussed it directly with the Mod for our board and was told that unless you ask, thay have no reason to close one down. There is a similar game on our board that has been open for a very long time as well. Our current main thread is nearly twice the size that was normally tolerated before the "upgrade". The one before that was closed but only after we asked for to be done.

I don't want to tick them off.
But sometimes I tock too much.

rimshot.gif

I actually discussed it directly with the Mod for our board and was told that unless you ask, thay have no reason to close one down.

Interesting.

Our current main thread is nearly twice the size that was normally tolerated before the "upgrade". The one before that was closed but only after we asked for to be done.

What about the thread that shall not be mentioned?

Have the veal.

What about the thread that shall not be mentioned?

:laughing: Yeah, we succeeded in both ticking and "tocking" the Mods off with that one.

That was the "first" DDC-XIII thread and it got shut down over the Thanksgiving holidays back in 2011. We've burned through 22 threads since then (including one that we opened and got closed in a single day just to prove that we could do it). The current one - DDC-XXXIV - has been open since December of 2014; the longest by far of the whole batch.

:laughing: Yeah, we succeeded in both ticking and "tocking" the Mods off with that one.

:laughing: That was before my time.

That was the "first" DDC-XIII thread and it got shut down over the Thanksgiving holidays back in 2011. We've burned through 22 threads since then (including one that we opened and got closed in a single day just to prove that we could do it). The current one - DDC-XXXIV - has been open since December of 2014; the longest by far of the whole batch.

That one day one... that kills me! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter