Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

Chef Mickey’s
A friend suggested we go. We tried to get a reservation but couldn’t. We did get a reservation there on a later trip. When we got there, I was like- this is it?? Maybe I had built it up too much in my mind before we got there...

Mine is Tiffins which makes me so sad! I was so hyped but my entree (pork belly ramen) was basically just "salt" flavor, the noodles were weird, it was absolutely freezing cold in the restaurant, my server gave me weird attitude about wanting to order the beer flight and she obviously thought of me as a number to shove out of the door.

Just back from a 5 night trip and the biggest disappointment by far was Raglan Road. Shepherd's pie was gross. Portions were tiny and the service was terribly slow. If we ever go back it will just be for appetizers and drinks, never again for dinner.

When I first saw the thread title I struggled to think of a place to eat that was a let down.... then I read some of the posts and started to have flashbacks lol

Nine Dragons - the food was nice but the service was horrendous. We arrived for our ADR 20 minutes early but waited 40 which we can live with. We finally got seated and both me & DH chose the 3 course set menu. Dh’s starter came out before mine, I told him to start eating it before it got cold. He had finished it by time mine arrived. A bit annoying but again I could live with it. Dhs main came out as I was taking my second bite of my starter to which the server tried taking it off me because he’d brought my main course aswell. I politely told him I wasn’t finished with my starter and he got a little pushy about me taking my main. He took it away and then came back minutes later with my main again and without speaking took my starter away. Same thing happened with our desserts, as we were still eating our main courses they brought out the desserts and got pushy about finishing our mains. Basically we were pressured into eating fast and had spent less time eating than we had sat waiting to be seated. I know it’s not the most highly priced restaurant out there but I do expect to be abke to have time to taste my food and I’m not a slow eater by any means.

Morimoto Asia - so so excited for this one but it was so cold in there and the food was bland. I felt the food didn’t justify the price we paid

Trail's End: very generic buffet food, crowded and the buffet was sloppy most of the time. Service was fine though. I hate the layout of the restaurant. We were on a lower level and had to walk up and down the very crowded stairs with full plates of food. The takeout line bled into the buffet side, making it difficult to get to some things.

Skipper Canteen: we love Jungle Cruise and while the theming is great, my meal was disappointing. My husband loved his. He got the seafood stew. I ordered the char siu pork (which I had heard was a staff favorite) and I couldn't even finish it. The meat was fatty, the rice was completely unseasoned and the vegetable on offer was a few limp pieces of bok choy. The sugary sauce was so overpowering that it made me feel queasy.

Be Our Guest. We went for a dinner last summer. We asked to talk to a chef about my daughter's food allergies, and the waitress refused to let us talk to a chef or manager. We ended up being very concerned about what she was eating and couldn't enjoy our meal.

Be Our Guest. We went for a dinner last summer. We asked to talk to a chef about my daughter's food allergies, and the waitress refused to let us talk to a chef or manager. We ended up being very concerned about what she was eating and couldn't enjoy our meal.
Wow that’s awful and so unlike how Disney normally handles food allergies.

That's so unlike Disney, maybe you had a bad waitress. I just ate at Be Our Guest for dinner and a table next to us had two people with allergies and the chef was out there talking to them for a while.

That's so unlike Disney, maybe you had a bad waitress. I just ate at Be Our Guest for dinner and a table next to us had two people with allergies and the chef was out there talking to them for a while.

I’m so glad to hear that. Maybe they’ve fixed that problem.

So what did you do when the server refused? Did you go speak to the manager? I wouldn’t have continued on with the meal until I got the info I needed. Both my wife and daughter have food allergies.

So what did you do when the server refused? Did you go speak to the manager? I wouldn’t have continued on with the meal until I got the info I needed. Both my wife and daughter have food allergies.
No, the waitress gave us a couple of safe options (I think plain chicken, but I don’t recall for sure). We didn’t order anything that she could react to, so no bun, etc. I didn’t see any managers around.

Cinderella's Table. We had gone there numerous times many years ago. It was relaxing and fun. But a couple of years ago we couldn't believe the difference. We felt like we were on an assembly line. We were so disappointed we haven't gone back. I may take a friend there in 2020, though, if I can get a reservation so that she can eat in the castle. Hope it's better than last time!

No, the waitress gave us a couple of safe options (I think plain chicken, but I don’t recall for sure). We didn’t order anything that she could react to, so no bun, etc. I didn’t see any managers around.
How incredibly un-Disney-like. I definitely would have sought out the manager if for no other reason than to report that server's behavior. I hope you all managed to have a great time anyway.

BOG. I wouldn't say HUGE letdown, but it felt like an auditorium, way too loud. We moved to the Gallery to see if it was any better, but not much. The food was just okay; way overpriced IMHO. The food looked like it had been just tossed on the plate. I don't mind paying higher prices but I want it to be something special.

Last edited:
Mine is Tiffins which makes me so sad! I was so hyped but my entree (pork belly ramen) was basically just "salt" flavor, the noodles were weird, it was absolutely freezing cold in the restaurant, my server gave me weird attitude about wanting to order the beer flight and she obviously thought of me as a number to shove out of the door.
I had the same experience at Tiffins. It was disappointing. :(

Mr. Spuds and I were on the DxDDP 2.5 years ago and had Tiffins as one of our lunch ADRs. I had been super excited to go there after reading everyone's reviews online. Unfortunately........I managed to end up with some insane stomach bug (or a touch of food poisoning....I'm not sure which) that had me running to the ladies' room literally every 20 minutes.

I decided to be a trooper and keep the lunch reservation. I kept telling myself "It's not really that bad Spudsie. Suck it up and enjoy this!" Everything on the menu sounded good. But nothing tasted good. And Mr. Spuds was served a corked glass of wine. And the CM tried telling him it wasn't corked. Hmpf.

I sell wine for a living, and we KNOW when wine is corked. We also know it's no reflection on the restaurant! It just happens...no big deal. Open a new bottle and pour a new glass. No fuss, no muss. But the server totally disagreed.....and said it couldn't POSSIBLY be corked because they keep that wine under gas. Ummmmmm.....trust me. The wine can still be corked. LOL We politely requested he ask the bev director/somm/manager to taste the wine.

As soon as someone else tasted it, BAM! We had a new glass of wine and tons of apologies. LOL

Opps. I got distracted. Back to the food.....it was completely disappointing to me. But upon reflection, I may have been too sick to fully enjoy it. So we are giving it another try in September. Fingers crossed!:shamrock:

We eat mostly QS and we haven't had anything terrible. However, my girlfriend wasn't a fan of what she got at The Electric Umbrella so we haven't been back.

We are eating at The Grand Floridian Cafe this Summer so we will see how that is.

Time to quit playing "nice". Next time smile at the jerk waitperson and say "please ask the manager to come to my table". If the jerk refuses you go to the person doing the sitting and say "I need to see a manager NOW" Stand there and LOUDLY talk about the bad service you are experiencing LOL!

Then you tell the manager what happened and ask to be moved to a new waitperson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!