Can you only get the Disney Dinsing package if you booked a package?

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
I booked hotel and Ap myself...no disning package except the Dining Experience right??????

When I talked to a CM last month I was told you cannot book the Dining Package if you use a discount code for your room AP, AAA Etc. She indicated that they "may" be looking into something(dining package) for the AP but that just talk right now.

homedad said:
When I talked to a CM last month I was told you cannot book the Dining Package if you use a discount code for your room AP, AAA Etc. She indicated that they "may" be looking into something(dining package) for the AP but that just talk right now.

You are able to get the dining plan if AAA books the package FOR you rather than you booking the AAA rate through WDW.

Clombardi

If I cannot get an AP rate, would/could I just have AAA book and then cancel my trip with Disney before the penalty period to utilize the Dining Plan???

homedad said:
Clombardi

If I cannot get an AP rate, would/could I just have AAA book and then cancel my trip with Disney before the penalty period to utilize the Dining Plan???
You'd have to purchase at least a 1 day MYW ticket for each member of your reservation. The Dining has to be part of a room and ticket package. If you all have APs, it might not be worth it if you have to buy additional 1 day tickets. I'd break out the calculator and crunch the numbers!

I would check with WDW first about penalties for cancelling your reservation. Then, when you find out if that is possible, call AAA and see if they can get the room you want in the time period you want it. If they can, you could then cancel your original reservation. Good luck!

Since AAA can book a package with dining for you, anyone know the discount on these packages? We want to do the MYW with dining package which means rack rate for room, so I am wondering if it would be worth it to join AAA if a discount can be had for the packages. Thanks!

That much really? Wow. I guess it would be worth joining AAA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter