Can You Believe?!

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
I was totally shocked to discovered a set of cruise documents and Navigators up for auction on Ebay...and even more shocked that someone actually paid $12.99 for them!! The item description said that this information is not available anywhere else. Obviously the purchaser doesn't know about DIS or websites like mine and Dave's. Is that unbelievable or what?! The auction was set up with the bidder's names "private" (i.e. not showing up). I would guess that was so no one could tell them that they could easily find the same thing for free. Aren't you all glad we know about DIS?!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: wwwcastawayclub.com

Ya know EBay is great for getting formal dresses, but cruise stuff? I just think it is sad.

I had no clue about this site until I visited cruise critic (I was comparing different cruise prices). But this is definitely the place for all the inside info!

This board is just great and I am really bummed when I can't get my "dis fix".

Only 10 more days until our 1st "MAGICal" adventure. I just hope I can convince my DH that we need to cruise as much as you do Barb!:D

You've never bought on eBay? If you're simply registered with eBay, you can click on bid history on an auction and e-mail any bidder. I have a few times notified bidders of items available other places at a lower price.

On eBay I did get original signed and numbered lithograph poster of the Magic with certifcate of authenticity that I was told was only available on her maiden voyage. Same with a nice little hardcover book about the design, building, etc. of the Magic.

Mary

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi Barb! It doesnt' surprise me that you found this on Ebay. It really never ceases to amaze me the things that sell on Ebay.

I'm convinced people will buy and sell ANYTHING on Ebay. Oh the links I could post :rolleyes: A guy I work with was absolutely addicted to Ebay for the longest time. The weird thing is, a lot of people end up paying more than they would for something if they just bought it retail (or at least, they save at the most a couple dollars; then they have to wait for it to be delivered and don't have the option to return an item.)

I'll "shop" on Ebay from time-to-time just to check and see if there's an amazing deal on something I need. It hasn't happened yet, at least not for anything I want. However, I've often thought about becoming a seller. I've got a half-chewed, puppy-stained piece of 6x9 carpet here in basement. I figure I can probably get $20 for it. Winner pays shipping ;)

I have gotten some good deals on eBay, so I can't complain. But it is amazing what some will sell and some will buy. Recently I saw 2 new refillable Disney Cruise mugs that went for like $18.99 each, which I thought odd since they probably can't be used on a return trip.
Parrotheader, I have 2 puppies..what color is the rug ;)

spotssister,
The seller had it set up as "private" so that the bidders don't show up (probably because of the potential for people to let them know that they could get that stuff free).
Of course, I can't knock Ebay. I buy a lot of comedy & tragedy masks there, and hubby has finally convinced me to start selling our excess Castaway Club tote bags there (we counted and we have SEVEN extra!!!). But navigators?!?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at www.castawayclub.com

Parrotheader, I have 2 puppies..what color is the rug ;)
The rug is now a lovely assortment of various colors for reasons too disgusting go into (isn't housebreaking wonderful!) He's actually past that phase now. I've just been too lazy/busy to toss out the remains of a once decent rug.

I don't want to seem like I'm knocking Ebayt too much. For a lot of hard to find collectors and niche items it's probably one of the best places to pick things up.

did ya'll hear about the guy who was selling DRYERLINT a few weeks ago as priceless art. no lie... i heard about it on a consumer radio show here in atlanta and i had to see it for myself. this guy actually had pictures and some folks had been bidding on it. this fellow actually makes his living off of selling on ebay. what do they say about one born every minute????

There was a discussion here not too long ago about the DCL Video being for sale on ebay. I think the ad said it wasn't sold in stores....Yeah because you can call an 800 number and order it for FREE. Seems like maybe someone paid $15.oo for that.

You mean I should be SELLING my Navigators? ;)

Thankfully I have never been bitten by the e-bay craze, I have seen enough of the crazy things being sold to just make me chuckle about the whole thing. I do know people who are positively addicted, though.

I will admit to checking out the value of my "Who Wants to Be a Mouseketeer" panelist pin on e-bay, though...not that I would ever sell it! :D

My favorite DCL thing I have seen on ebay is the DCL luggage tags! Not the nice ones- it paper ones you put on so they will know what stateroom you are in! It is amazing what some people will buy.

I've seen the stationary that is in the room drawrer for sale. As well as the shampoo and lotion that is FREE in the rooms.

Hey Barb...let me know which bags you have (I have the original big blue tote and the black gym bag tote). Do you have different ones? I would be interested.....pm or e-mail me.

Thanks. I saw a nice one this past cruise, I think it was navy or black but different that the one I have.

MJ

I have to share that I got some really great deals on formal, high quality, brand name evening dresses on Ebay for our cruise, with the original tags on them for $7.99! Yes, I am cheap, but that leaves me more money to go on vacation with!! Like anything, you just have to be a smart consumer. I might check out EBAY for snorkel gear, sea lice lotion, etc... You never know what you might find! My puppy ruined our rug too, maybe we could have a 2 for 1 sale!! ha ha ha Sue

mmouse37
Email me at disneycruise@yahoo.com
I have both the black and the blue bags (mostly the black ones, which have a white plastic Castaway Club bottle). When we dug them all out of the closet, I was amazed at how many we had accumulated!! And of course we will get a new one at the end of this month.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter