Can you ask for and get a plain old white bun?

soccerchick

Dis Veteran<br><font color=red>My husband has rice
I thought I had read that somewhere. Anyone know if it is true? Wheat ones, in my experience, tend to fall apart so easily. We eat the yummy potato buns at home (still "white" but lots of fiber).

Apparently not. Where they offer the wheat buns, it seems they offer only wheat buns.

I've read a number of posts from people complaining that they couldn't get regular white buns at counter service.

No, you cannot request a white bun (well, you can but the answer is no).

Which has been my complaint all along. Bring on those lousy wheat buns that some hate and some don't have a problem with. That's fine. But give us a choice! Kids get a choice on their meals. Fries or carrots (or something else healthy). Soda or milk or water. We get something that a lot of us find not appealing.

And Disney World is losing my sales of hot dogs and that's a lot of them. I don't even want a cheeseburger there anymore. And forget the pizza if the crusts are changed. And if they EVER change the soft pretzels, I'm turning in my annual pass.

Too bad the McDonald's at the parks don't serve burgers because I sure the heck would be over there. And I swore I would never buy anything from a McDonald's in any Disney park.

There are no McDonalds in the parks other than a stand at Epcot that sells McNuggets and McFlurries, and french fry carts.

I just got back from WDW and we did not notice a difference in taste or texture in the wheat buns from the white ones. The only reason we even noticed is that they are darker.
We enjoyed them and so did our DD4.

In my experience there is no real difference in the buns. We had them in March and thought they were fine. Soft and squishy.

Regarding having a choice of buns, in my experience Disney has never offered a choice of white or wheat. In the past they offered white buns. Now they are offering wheat buns.

I just got back from WDW and we did not notice a difference in taste or texture in the wheat buns from the white ones. The only reason we even noticed is that they are darker.
We enjoyed them and so did our DD4.

That's my point. Some people are fine with them. Some (like me) will not eat them for various reasons. A choice, and only a choice would be extremely nice. Keep the wheat buns. By all means, keep the wheat buns. But have a little thing at the bottom of the menu that says "white buns available on request". It's the same thing, as I said, with the kids meals. The healthy options are on the menu with a note that says "fries or a soft drink available upon request". Push the healthy option. But give us a choice to not eat that.

It's not a request to change 100% back to white buns. It's asking for a simple choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter