Can MS Change which points are used after the fact?

JenniferYoung44

Mouseketeer
I have 75pt at BWV dec UY. Currently i have some of the 2018pts tied up in a reservation in October 2019. I also have a reservation for January 2020 using 2019UY pts. If I decide to drop the Oct '19 ressie and bank those points (before the banking deadline obviously) can I call MS and have them apply the banked pts to my January '20 ressie and save by 2019pts for later, or future banking? Or is it the case that if I am going to use banked points it has to be done at the time I initially book the reservation?

Yes they can, you can call or email.
But now you can also do it yourself, just modify the reservation, keep the same days and resort and go throught all the process till the end. Points would be reallocated, using banked and borrowed points first.

Zavandor beat me to it. Yes, Member Services can easily change which points are being applied to a reservation. But, if you go to your DVC Member account, choose Dashboard, locate your reservation down below, click on it, choose Modify and then step on through it without making any changes, when it gets to the end and 'modifies' it, it will apply the new points, and that will be all that is involved in the modification.

Yep, no problem in your situation.

The only time they won't change the points used is if you booked a resort using your 11 month window, then tried to swap those points with another resort's points once you entered the 7 month window.

There's actually been a few reports of MS refusing to do this recently. But you can actually do it online yourself with the modify feature. Just select the same dates to modify and when you go thru and finalize it will use the banked points first and then whatever current points are required to complete the reservation.

There's actually been a few reports of MS refusing to do this recently. But you can actually do it online yourself with the modify feature. Just select the same dates to modify and when you go thru and finalize it will use the banked points first and then whatever current points are required to complete the reservation.
Does anyone know if you bank after a reservation is made at a resort other than your home resort if the online modification works to reassign points? This scenario MS told me no they wouldn't reassign points and won't allow (I asked hypothetically so I can plan properly). However, they said they allow reallocating the points to any reservation made at your home resort if you bank the points after the reservation is made.

Does anyone know if you bank after a reservation is made at a resort other than your home resort if the online modification works to reassign points? This scenario MS told me no they wouldn't reassign points and won't allow (I asked hypothetically so I can plan properly). However, they said they allow reallocating the points to any reservation made at your home resort if you bank the points after the reservation is made.

Yes, that works. I think some are getting confused because they had gotten pretty loose with substituting non-home resort on home resort reservations and were told to stop that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter