Can I really find good flight prices for Summer 04?

auds35

Earning My Ears
Having just returned from the Mouse I spoke to two families whilst out there who paid considerably less for their tickets than us. We flew United and I can't fault the service but it's a little crushing when the person next to you ends up paying half what you did.

Does anyone have any comments on booking flights for peak periods or indeed any phone numbers.

Many Thanks...

Unlikely to get good deals yet. I started searching on the Internet in all the usual places (Expedia, Opodo, E-bookers etc.) for flights for October 03, back last November. The prices I got then stayed the same and only started really coming down about April - six months before.

So for Summer 04, I'd recommend you make a note of what the prices are now and then check in January to see if they have fallen.

Book Early = Pay More

Virgin currently have flights costing over £800 for most of the peak season for 2004. Very expensive indeed.

The 2nd & 3rd editions of holiday brochures normally have large discounts compared to the original.

Codge

Wow - ignorant me! I didn't realise that I should wait.

We've going in June 2004 and I've been doing all the flight research over the last few days and the prices are really high.

I can only get prices for the UK - Orlando part as I'm hoping to get a charter flight into the UK first and the prices of those don't become available for a while yet.

I'm a bit worried about waiting too long to book the scheduled flights though as I might not get the ones I want - how long before going should be a good time to book to get good prices?

By the way, when do the schools in the UK break up for summer holidays?

Thanks
Jackie

A lot of companies do not have all their rates out yet so have only released their fully published fares...however I have been checking for clients travelling in June and Virgin Flightstore have been quoting me £344 adult and £128 child plus £62 tax for Gatwick-Orlando....I would disagree that the longer you wait the better the price, airlines work on a tiered system they have a limited no. of seats at the lowest fare, once full they go to next fare up etc, so yes wait until the "consolidated Fares" are released then get booked as soon as you can, most suppliers should have their rates in Sept/Oct.

I hope that helps

Val

Disney Daft Mum

Have you tried Bon Voyage?
I have just booked for Xmas 04 and I am paying £325 per adult and £199 per child.
I know it's a different time of the year from what you are looking for but it may be worth a look
Lin www.BonVoyage.com

Hi

Just to say the link for Bon Voyage is not working on the post above.
We booked with them in January for this Dec and got a great deal.

Try this oneBonVoyage

I have been waiting patiently for the airlines to start selling seats for next August, I am always anxious to get booked when its school hols. I had a quote from one travel agent for £3006 for 3 adults (well 2 adults and one 12 yr old) and 1 child with Virgin, I phoned Virgin atlantic and they told me there flights were not available to book yet, so looked on websites etc. The I had a brain wave what if I looked at the holidays and picked the cheapest hotel (but did not stay there as we have a 4 bed villa booked ) but this although cheaper than the TA quote still not that cheap, brain wave no. 2, I was on a roll, what about a flydrive but not using the car, as by the time you have added all the insurances etc. its very expensive, so checked on Virign holidays website, got a quote of £2500 (can't remember the odd £££'s) for 3 adults, 1 children with a compact car that is free for a week, and just booking it for a week with no added insurances and we would fly out on 6.8.04 and return on 28.8.04-I didn't think that it would let me do this but all ok got right through to paying deposit £120 each, I aslo did this with PE and it came to £4196 but was then told that no PE seats were available on any flights the days we want, I can't believe they are booked already oh well will just have to save my money - think that I might book the flydrive tommorrow.

If you get a 'free' car with a flydrive ticket you could try the American Express or Natwest insurances policies which cover car hire. This might work out cheaper than ignoring the 'free' car and making a seperate car hire booking. The American Express scheme is part of their annual insurance policy: it's quite expensive for travel insurance, but does include unlimited coverage for car hire in the USA and Canada. You don't need an Amex card to buy it. The Natwest policy is only available to Natwest credit card holders, and you need to book you flydrive tickets with the card to be eligible to buy their seperate policy for car hire insurance. Please ask if you want more details. My guess is that this would work out the cheapest way to hire a car for your three-week holiday.

As a side note, whenever I've compared prices for flight-only and flydrive with the same airline, flight-only comes out slightly cheaper.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter