Calling all cooks!! (yes, it's me again!)

LindsayDunn228

<font color=teal>Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???<
I am making chicken fajitas for dinner tomorrow. I bought some chicken tenders, onions, peppers, cheese, salsa, well you get the idea.

My question is: what do you use to season them? I bought a McCormick seasoning, which I thought may be good.

What do you use?

Sounds like a good plan to me......what time is dinner?

Have a Magical Disney Day!!:):)

I use a dry fajita spice - made by the Spice Hunter ( http://www.spicehunter.com ). Sometimes they can be a little spicy. Try a bite or two on a sample piece before you spice up the whole batch.

I didn't like the McCormick one I tried in the past. If I remember correctly, the spice was mostly white in the bottle. Is this the one you have?

I cook and freeze dinners a lot and this is one of my fave recipes from a OAMC ("once a month cooking") site http://snider.mardox.com/Chicken4.html#chickenfajitas:

Chicken Fajitas
5 Tbsp. oil
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
or 1 lb flank steak, cut diagonally across the grain, into thin strips
1 large red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 large yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
1 onion, sliced thin •1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp pepper
Flour tortillas
Shredded cheese
Sour cream
Guacamole
1. In a bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp. oil, lime juice, cumin and cayenne. Add the meat and stir to coat. Place the meat with the marinade in a freezer bag.

2. Slice all the peppers, onions and mince the garlic and place in a large freezer bag. Freeze both bags.

3. To prepare, thaw the marinated meat and the vegetables.

4. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil until very hot. Add the meat, with the marinade and stir-fry over high heat until the meat is cooked, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.

5. Add the remaining 2 Tbsp. oil to the skillet and heat until very hot. Add the peppers, onion and garlic and stir-fry till tender crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.

6. Return the meat to the skillet and heat through. Serve with warm tortillas and assorted extras.

Kim's note: I get a multicolored bell pepper 4 pack at Aldi for 1.19. I get several at a time, chop them and freeze each according to color, that way, I always have enough colorful peppers at a very cheap price!

Note: For beef fajitas use 1 lb flank steak, cut diagonally across the grain, into thin strips

HTH*

I marinate my meat before cooking. I use garlic, onion, lime juice (fresh squeezed), olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh cilantro chopped up. I usually let it marinate for at least a couple of hours. I serve them with Pico de Gailo. Chopped tomatos, jalepeno, onion, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. I make guacamole, and serve sides of cheese, sour cream, and chile con queso. At our local Wal Mart they sell flour totillas that are thin and uncooked. You heat them in a hot frying pan with no oil for about 20 seconds on each side. THey are great because they are thinner like the ones you get in resturants as opposed to to the thicker ones they normally sell in stores. Add borracho beans and some mexican rice, a few margritas and its time to eat!

Thanks for all of your help!

Yes, it's the McCormick's that has the white in it. I haven't tried it before, but I like their other specialty spices so I thought I would give it a whirl. I don't want them to be TOO spicy, just flavored a little :)

This is the marinade recipe I use from the Weber Cookbook, my family loves it!

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup lime juice
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlice, minced
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin

Marinade and refrigerate for 4 hours

This recipe is for 3 whole chicken breasts. I usually double this as I usually make 6 chicken breasts for my family, plus they love leftover fajitas

this is our marinade 'recipe' ... I hardly measure, so I'm guessing at amounts:

1/2 Cup Orange juice
lemon juice 1/2 of lemon, squeezed and throw the squeezed portion in the bag with the chicken when marinating)
lime juice (maybe 1 Tablespoon) optional
1/4 Cup worsteschire sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
dash of cinnamon
Cilantro if you have it

Mix all ingredients. Add to uncooked boneless chicken breasts. Marinate a few hours or overnight. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!