CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Is it worth paying 13 dollars more per night for poolside? (i'm going for 13 nights in july). I now have a good deal on priceline booked for a family suite interior entry but NOT poolside. I'm a light sleeper (don't like noise)

Is it worth paying 13 dollars more per night for poolside? (i'm going for 13 nights in july). I now have a good deal on priceline booked for a family suite interior entry but NOT poolside. I'm a light sleeper (don't like noise)
As a fellow noise sensitive light sleeper, I'd play it safe & keep the non poolside room.

In July the pools may be open until 10:00 or 11:00 & with our scorching heat in Florida that time of year, there will probably be lots of folks in the pools until the last minute plus pool music going.

We've stayed at Cabana Bay several times- it's actually our favorite onsite resort! - & they've always been very good about shutting down right at closing time, but we're early to bed & early to rise folks, so that 1-2 hours of continued noise doesn't work for us.

We're also 'early to bed, early rise'. So best then to keep the current room. I did hear some complaints about street noise, cars revving all through the night, people shouting, ...on the non-poolside side. Anyone experienced this?

Last edited:
We have a trip coming up and staying in Cabana Bay. We have a late flight for our checkout day. I’m thinking doing few hours in Volcano Bay before heading to the airport.

Anyone know if it’s better to shower at Volcano Bay or go back to Cabana Bay and use the shower in the gym? Can we still access the gym after we checkout? Can we still take towels from the Cabana Bay pool area to use in Volcano Bay? Thanks!

We're also 'early to bed, early rise'. So best then to keep the current room. I did hear some complaints about street noise, cars revving all through the night, people shouting, ...on the non-poolside side. Anyone experienced this?
No, I have stayed in parking lot views in Americana bldg many times and not had a noise issue. I was usually several floors up, I can't speak to ground floor or the next one. I have sometimes been bothered by noise when upgraded to pool view.

We have a trip coming up and staying in Cabana Bay. We have a late flight for our checkout day. I’m thinking doing few hours in Volcano Bay before heading to the airport.

Anyone know if it’s better to shower at Volcano Bay or go back to Cabana Bay and use the shower in the gym? Can we still access the gym after we checkout? Can we still take towels from the Cabana Bay pool area to use in Volcano Bay? Thanks!
Yes, you can still take towels from the pool to VB. You could even grab them the night before if you are concerned about your room key, which should still work. Where you shower is a matter of your personal preference. If you have checked out and left your luggage with bell services, you can leave a bag in a (free) locker in the Cabana Bay locker room to shower before leaving. They have a nice supply of towels there also, at VB you have to use your own. There is usually no one in the CB locker room showers when I have been there, you do not need a room key to access the locker room area. You can enter through the restrooms.

Yes, you can still take towels from the pool to VB. You could even grab them the night before if you are concerned about your room key, which should still work. Where you shower is a matter of your personal preference. If you have checked out and left your luggage with bell services, you can leave a bag in a (free) locker in the Cabana Bay locker room to shower before leaving. They have a nice supply of towels there also, at VB you have to use your own. There is usually no one in the CB locker room showers when I have been there, you do not need a room key to access the locker room area. You can enter through the restrooms.
Thank you, that’s so helpful!!

We have a Volcano Bay view room booked for this summer. Should I make a room request and if so, where?
You will be in one of the towers - Beachside or Bayside. Look at the map - Beachside is a bit shorter walk to the lobby, Bayside is closer to VB. You can request a higher floor for a better view, but there is not much else to request other than bldg and floor. They are circular, so none of the rooms is very far from the elevators.

https://www.themagicforless.com/universal-files/Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort-Map.pdf

You will be in one of the towers - Beachside or Bayside. Look at the map - Beachside is a bit shorter walk to the lobby, Bayside is closer to VB. You can request a higher floor for a better view, but there is not much else to request other than bldg and floor. They are circular, so none of the rooms is very far from the elevators.

https://www.themagicforless.com/universal-files/Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort-Map.pdf
This is a great map! Thank you!

As far as getting to the parks, is walking our best option? Are the busses pretty reliable?

This is a great map! Thank you!

As far as getting to the parks, is walking our best option? Are the busses pretty reliable?
Busses are fantastic! They run them one right after another especially early to get everyone to the parks in the morning. We've never waited more than 5 minutes for one either going or coming back at various times of the day in several trips at CBBR 👍

In my experience, no. The standard view looks out at the parking garage. It isn't pretty, but I always appreciate saving a few bucks.

The hotel is set back far enough from the road that you aren't going to get any road noise and the parking lots are fairly quiet with not a lot of people going in and out.

I saw on a FB group that one of the pools will be closed in Feb - has anyone seen anything about this?

Yea I Think the lazy river pool is closed for renovation.
Yikes! Just called Cabana Bay directly and was told the Atomic pool is closing Feb 22 through mid-March. Maybe she meant Feb 2 and I mis-heard her? I need to try again for clarification. Sounds like the other pool with the slide, but I'm not positive, but that's where the Atomic bar is. Wonder why, not the greatest time for closure with spring break and all. More reason to pool hop or walk over to VB I guess

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter