CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

I sent an email to cabana bay customer service hoping for a better idea.
Ugh what is considered mid-March?

We're leaving this Sat to Cabana Bay and this is what we've received in the email via Costco Travel.
So we're brining our tube, as Lazy river will be open during the time we're there, but we will be pool hopping.

"Universal's Cabana Bay Resort has informed us that the Cabana Bay Courtyard Pool will be closed for refurbishment from February 3, 2023 through February 22, 2023. Once the refurbishment is completed on the Courtyard Pool, the Cabana Bay Lazy River will be closed for refurbishment from February 23, 2023 through March 22, 2023.

Resort management will make every effort to minimize noise and disturbance. If you experience any inconvenience during your stay, please speak to the front desk as soon as possible, so that your situation can be addressed as quickly as possible."

Hello! Our first time in the family suite!
I wonder what's in the kitchenette - sink and microwave, I see from the photo, but anything else?
Are there any utensils? plates? cups?

Also, does anyone know if there are plastic forks, spoons, and knives at the cafeteria that we can use?
I think we could also grab paper plates when we needed to heat up our food.
I remember they had it, but it was in 2018!

Another question - are there any dispenser where we can get water for free? We will have our reusable bottles.

Thank you!

We're leaving this Sat to Cabana Bay and this is what we've received in the email via Costco Travel.
So we're brining our tube, as Lazy river will be open during the time we're there, but we will be pool hopping.

"Universal's Cabana Bay Resort has informed us that the Cabana Bay Courtyard Pool will be closed for refurbishment from February 3, 2023 through February 22, 2023. Once the refurbishment is completed on the Courtyard Pool, the Cabana Bay Lazy River will be closed for refurbishment from February 23, 2023 through March 22, 2023.

Resort management will make every effort to minimize noise and disturbance. If you experience any inconvenience during your stay, please speak to the front desk as soon as possible, so that your situation can be addressed as quickly as possible."
Thanks for this information. I find it interesting that we are booked directly with universal for CBBR and haven't received any communication about this. We're leaving Friday!

Thanks for this information. I find it interesting that we are booked directly with universal for CBBR and haven't received any communication about this. We're leaving Friday!
That is indeed odd.
I was a bit upset about the pool closure - got the email on Feb 3 - because I'd expect them to let us know earlier, but in USO, we can pool hop, so we may just hit other resorts for their pools. :)

It's exciting you're going on Friday! Where are you traveling from? We're from Canada, so we're so looking forward to the nice sunny weather with no snow!

That is indeed odd.
I was a bit upset about the pool closure - got the email on Feb 3 - because I'd expect them to let us know earlier, but in USO, we can pool hop, so we may just hit other resorts for their pools. :)

It's exciting you're going on Friday! Where are you traveling from? We're from Canada, so we're so looking forward to the nice sunny weather with no snow!

Same, NS!

Hello! Our first time in the family suite!
I wonder what's in the kitchenette - sink and microwave, I see from the photo, but anything else?
Are there any utensils? plates? cups?

Also, does anyone know if there are plastic forks, spoons, and knives at the cafeteria that we can use?
I think we could also grab paper plates when we needed to heat up our food.
I remember they had it, but it was in 2018!

Another question - are there any dispenser where we can get water for free? We will have our reusable bottles.

Thank you!
When we last stayed there was some plates and plastic utensils in the kitchenette
If you need anything you can use the text service to ask for it they are usually pretty prompt
The freestyle coke machines dispense water for free

thanks! So if I want to be central to the lobby, garden walk to park and volcano bay entrance, then a room in castaway close to lobby is probably best. Agree?

We were at Castaway last week. Right in the middle section. It was close to the garden walk, lobby and bus stop. But Volcano bay wasnt super close. We found walking through the parking side is faster than the inside (near the pool), but even then it wasnt super close.

But overall, I think Castaway was the best building to be placed at out of all 3.

I book Cabana Bay because I like the walk to VB (always standard room) Today I checked in early to get a room key before heading off to Epcot, so they could just text me my room number when it was ready. Later I got a text telling me to head back to the front desk when I arrived to have my key updated (?). She started to show me a suite in Castaway, when I asked why I wasn’t getting the standard room I booked, was told I was getting a free upgrade. I told her I didn’t want it, but got no response. So I walked away but was doing a slow burn, and decided to push for the location I wanted. Told another guy at the desk that if I wanted an exterior entry suite I would have booked it. Rethinking my 5 night stay I have booked in November.

What happened to the prices of CB for summer? I have been checking prices now for 10 months (made a booking several months ago) and was hoping for a better deal. But price has risen a 100 dollars per night. 13 nights in july is now 4500 dollars (family suite) o_O Disney works out cheaper but seeing as we did that last year we were hoping to stay onsite at Universal now.
Luckily I secured the booking 9 months ago for 235 dollars/night tax incl. (through priceline). But I still think this is a not the cheapest. Or is it not correct to think the price for a family suite will go under 235 dollars for that time of year?

Last edited:
Anyone know if the fold out bed in the family suites is a true full bed? We're seriously debating bringing a mattress topper with us.

What happened to the prices of CB for summer? I have been checking prices now for 10 months (made a booking several months ago) and was hoping for a better deal. But price has risen a 100 dollars per night. 13 nights in july is now 4500 dollars (family suite) o_O Disney works out cheaper but seeing as we did that last year we were hoping to stay onsite at Universal now.
Luckily I secured the booking 9 months ago for 235 dollars/night tax incl. (through priceline). But I still think this is a not the cheapest. Or is it not correct to think the price for a family suite will go under 235 dollars for that time of year?
Rates usually don’t go down unless an AP rate comes out. Not sure what your dates are, for example July 16-29 an exterior entry suite lists for 214.80 before tax, (AP) so probably not any better than your rate. I’m surprised you could get a suite at Disney now for less than 235 in the summer

Rates usually don’t go down unless an AP rate comes out. Not sure what your dates are, for example July 16-29 an exterior entry suite lists for 214.80 before tax, (AP) so probably not any better than your rate. I’m surprised you could get a suite at Disney now for less than 235 in the summer
When does an AP rate come out? About the comparison with Disney: it's not a fair comparison to be honnest. We stayed at POP in april 2022 in a standard room and I was comparing it to a family suite at Cabana bay. As these are the 2 options I was weighing up for summer 2023.
I'm looking at 15th july-28th july. (interior entry family suite)

I’m checking out today
I prefer Family Suite Pool View Interior Entry
and request upper level( they have 7 floors. ) and close to Bayliner Diner Foof Court elevator ( Starbucks run…)
Hope you get early check in text for shorter line …
The kitchenette has 4plastic plates& bowls and plastic utensils

8B0BC465-0126-4EEC-A8A5-8495A526E193.png

When does an AP rate come out? About the comparison with Disney: it's not a fair comparison to be honnest. We stayed at POP in april 2022 in a standard room and I was comparing it to a family suite at Cabana bay. As these are the 2 options I was weighing up for summer 2023.
I'm looking at 15th july-28th july. (interior entry family suite)
Usually they come out a few months before. For your dates I see a rate of $219 plus tax for interior entry suite, again, probably not any better than your Priceline rate. At that time of year you would need to get a higher level AP because of the blockout dates on lower ones, so again, probably not worth it?
I use the link in the closed AP rate thread stickied below to check for AP rates (it’s the one with windsurfercrs in the address)

We are now arriving early in the day on our check in day. Will the hotel do bag check? What about groceries? Our car service includes a grocery stop but wondering about keeping food cold? Would I be better off doing a delivery later for some groceries?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter