CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Sunday sales are ok? We have stores here in OH that can't sell on Sundays without a special license...
You should be okay. It used to be that you would not be able to purchase alcohol on Sunday until afternoon. (at least in Palm Beach County) I googled it. That has changed

Heading down for a conference at the Loew's Royal Pacific Resort. It and the overflow hotel were booked solid, so I'm going to be staying at the Cabana Bay Beach resort.

I've never stayed in a Universal hotel so hoping someone can help with some questions I have...

Are there any tips on getting from the Cabana Bay Beach to where the conference areas are in the Royal Pacific? I assume I'll walk. And the conference info says Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is also connected to the conference area at the Royal Pacific, so I'm guessing I can cross the street, enter the Sapphire Falls, and walk the rest of the way?

Is there a map of the hotel available anywhere?

My flight lands at 9:30am, am I correct to think the hotel will hold my bags until my room is ready? Can I hang out at the pool while I'm waiting? Can I walk around and "explore" the hotels? maybe try out the route to the conference?

Heading down for a conference at the Loew's Royal Pacific Resort. It and the overflow hotel were booked solid, so I'm going to be staying at the Cabana Bay Beach resort.

I've never stayed in a Universal hotel so hoping someone can help with some questions I have...

Are there any tips on getting from the Cabana Bay Beach to where the conference areas are in the Royal Pacific? I assume I'll walk. And the conference info says Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is also connected to the conference area at the Royal Pacific, so I'm guessing I can cross the street, enter the Sapphire Falls, and walk the rest of the way?

Is there a map of the hotel available anywhere?

My flight lands at 9:30am, am I correct to think the hotel will hold my bags until my room is ready? Can I hang out at the pool while I'm waiting? Can I walk around and "explore" the hotels? maybe try out the route to the conference?

Have a look on Google maps. You can walk over to Sapphire from CBay easily, it`s only a few minutes walk. Then when you enter the Sapphire lobby turn right and go past the gift shop and turn right again, follow the path and that takes you to the Convention area for Sapphire.

You just keep walking and follow the signs that will take you to RPR convention areas. All indoors.

The hotel will hold your luggage for you and you can hang out by the pool as soon as you check in and explore all you want.

Have a look on Google maps. You can walk over to Sapphire from CBay easily, it`s only a few minutes walk. Then when you enter the Sapphire lobby turn right and go past the gift shop and turn right again, follow the path and that takes you to the Convention area for Sapphire.

You just keep walking and follow the signs that will take you to RPR convention areas. All indoors.

The hotel will hold your luggage for you and you can hang out by the pool as soon as you check in and explore all you want.
I did see on Google Maps they were close, that is why I was hoping I could just walk across the street. Thank you for confirming!

The Sapphire lobby directions are MUCH APPRECIATED!! that is perfect!

Depending on when you are going, you might get lucky and have your room ready - particularly if you aren't picky about the room location. We often arrive at CB mid-morning and have gotten into a room right away more often than not.

Also, if your room isn't available, the locker room in the gym (on the second floor overlooking the lobby) is well equipped with lockers and showers to change so you can go swimming and shower afterward.

Hello Cabana Bay community!

My husband and I have started looking into planning a trip to WDW and Universal this winter, split hotel stay. Our previous trip to US was in May 2018, and we stayed at Cabana Bay. We fell in love with the resort: the theming, the breakfast food, the lazy river and the short walk to Volcano Bay. We're creatures of habit, so our initial gut feeling would be to book CBBR again. However, I also started looking at Aventura, which looks very nice and is the same price/category. To help me compare the resorts, would anyone who has stayed at CBBR in winter be willing to give me some weather-related information?

I am expecting cooler (mayber almost cold) weather, as our tentative dates would be February 6-10. Now I know "cold" has different meanings to different people, but I'm Canadian and I don't do well in heat and humidity, so the averages for February are a positive for me :D. However, since two of the things we really enjoyed for CBBR were its lazy river and walking to Volcano Bay, would those even be open at that time of year? I've tried to search info on previous years, but with the pandemic, there's not a lot out there.

Any general advice from people who have traveled in Februrary?

Waterparks are generally only closed when the weather is quite cold. I cannot think of a time when a resort pool was closed except during storms/hurricanes and covid. The lifeguards usually dress in full Winter survival gear and us die hard Canadians frolick in the water barely clothed. I have been to Volcano Bay in December when it was particularly chilly (the temp now escapes me but I'm a Manitoban so I know cold). The park was nearly empty. We didn't mind the water at all but the walks in wet suits was not the greatest. I expect that day was close to the closing for temperature threshold.

My husband and I have started looking into planning a trip to WDW and Universal this winter, split hotel stay. Our previous trip to US was in May 2018, and we stayed at Cabana Bay. We fell in love with the resort: the theming, the breakfast food, the lazy river and the short walk to Volcano Bay. We're creatures of habit, so our initial gut feeling would be to book CBBR again. However, I also started looking at Aventura, which looks very nice and is the same price/category. To help me compare the resorts, would anyone who has stayed at CBBR in winter be willing to give me some weather-related information?

I am expecting cooler (mayber almost cold) weather, as our tentative dates would be February 6-10. Now I know "cold" has different meanings to different people, but I'm Canadian and I don't do well in heat and humidity, so the averages for February are a positive for me :D. However, since two of the things we really enjoyed for CBBR were its lazy river and walking to Volcano Bay, would those even be open at that time of year? I've tried to search info on previous years, but with the pandemic, there's not a lot out there.

We had the pools closed at a different hotel, but at universal, all 3 days we were there in January. It was freezing, wore our snowboarding gear most of the 3 days. DD was so upset it was closed we took a photo! I will say this is the exception not the norm. The high the day this was taken was 58, when we arrived at the park it was 38!
1663251679756.jpeg
1663251895194.jpeg

How are the buses from cabana bay to the parks?

What about Uber how are they where do they drop off at the parks?

I have taken many Feb trips. No guarantees obviously, but I have pictures from trips on Feb 4-8, 2020, Feb 12, 2019, and Feb 23, 2018 and it was warm and sunny all those trips. Used the pool each time. Pools at CBBR and Volcano Bay were definitely open

Thank you jaceraden, NJlauren and Georgina, your answers are very helpful! Well probably go back to Canada Bay, and hope we don't catch one of those super cold cold fronts that close the pools. And if that does happen, we'll still be in Florida, and it'll still be warmer than home 😆

Did anyone stay in a poolside room Americana or Continental recently (summer?). How were the noise levels from those rooms? I read the pool music plays really loud all day long and again in the evening for the movies. I'm a light sleeper but would love to book a pool view. Just not sure if i'll regret it afterwards because although I love a nice view, i prefer a good night's sleep 😴

Did anyone stay in a poolside room Americana or Continental recently (summer?). How were the noise levels from those rooms? I read the pool music plays really loud all day long and again in the evening for the movies. I'm a light sleeper but would love to book a pool view. Just not sure if i'll regret it afterwards because although I love a nice view, i prefer a good night's sleep 😴
I have previously stayed in poolside rooms in Americana and Continental, and while the music is annoying during the day, it did go away at night. From my location the movies did not bother me. However, this summer I was in a tower room facing the pool, and while I was high enough up (10th floor) that I didn't hear the pool music, I was surprised to hear the movies later. Not sure why, perhaps it is in the orientation of the movie speakers vs pool ones. I always book standard rooms, these were all free upgrades, possibly because I usually arrive between 9-10 AM

I have previously stayed in poolside rooms in Americana and Continental, and while the music is annoying during the day, it did go away at night. From my location the movies did not bother me. However, this summer I was in a tower room facing the pool, and while I was high enough up (10th floor) that I didn't hear the pool music, I was surprised to hear the movies later. Not sure why, perhaps it is in the orientation of the movie speakers vs pool ones. I always book standard rooms, these were all free upgrades, possibly because I usually arrive between 9-10 AM
We are early risers so we would also go to sleep early. Till how late did the music stay on approx? We are looking at family suites.

We are early risers so we would also go to sleep early. Till how late did the music stay on approx? We are looking at family suites.
It's been a few years since - I think it would have been done by 8 PM at the latest. I have seen reviews of poolside rooms that complained about the movies, it may depend on which way your windows point as the buildings are a little like a W. I have wondered if a white noise machine would help.

I decided to go for a non poolview suite. I just made the booking but I did feel the room cost was quiet high (232 dollar per night). I will keep an eye on the price in the coming months. (same period and length of stay at Disneyresort is only $175!)
Can you make a room request through mail? (based in Europe)

Last edited:
So I got back from my conference. Thank you for the helpful tips.

I didn't have time to experience the pools, or much of what the hotel had to offer. While the conference was great and I learned a lot, I wont go into that here.

Had this been a family vacation, we would have come away from it pretty happy. We usually spend as much time as we can in the parks. So the hotel being clean, and the room being comfortable is key, and the Cabana Bay Beach was.

They put me in the Americana section, room 5503 (5th floor). It was very close to the elevator, but I couldn't hear that. I did hear the "neighbors" from time to time at night. If I got up against the window, and looked to the left, I could see the top of the Hulk coaster, Dr. Doom's Fearfall, Dudly Do-right.

When I was checking in, and asked, the person behind the desk said that I would have to walk to the conference areas in the Royal Pacific, so that is what I did. They had signs saying "do not cross here" at the Adventure Way intersection right out front. So instead, I ended up following the Castaway building to the walk way and bridge over Adventure Way down near the Hollywood Way intersection, then up, around and into the Sapphire Falls resort lobby and walk the rest inside... 1.25 miles one way in 75 Degrees, 80% Humidity, and sun, as you can probably imagine, I was sweating when I got there. BUT the walking too and from really helped my back feel good!! I had surgery a few years ago, and lately its been really hurting, doing that much walking, 2.5miles for the round trip, and lots of walking session to session accounted for over 5 miles each day, really helped! I know I could have tried an Uber, but I figured until one got to the hotel, and got back to drop me off between the Royal Pacific and Sapphire, it probably would have taken longer than the walking, so why spend the money.

As for the hotel. The room was nice. The beds were a little uncomfortable at first, but by the second night I found my spot and slept pretty good the rest of the week.

The conference provided breakfast and lunch, so I mostly just ate dinner at the Bayliner Diner. The food was what I expected. Basic (burgers, dogs, pizza, chicken), but good for what they had. The Jerk Chicken with basmati rice was a treat. It was seasoned perfectly, the chicken fell off the bone and was tender and juicy. Unfortunately there were evenings the condiment dispensers were empty, and the packet bowls only had honey mustard, so I had to walk around to find yellow mustard for my hotdog one night, and hamburger the other. While I got the refillable resort mug, occasionally the Coke Freestyle machines were coming up empty. I usually went for regular Coke or Vitamin Water Zero, and I'd often find the machines had categories of drinks (i.e. Coke, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Vitamin Water Zero) blacked out (i.e. empty), so I'd have to walk around and check each machine. One night, I did see a repair man working on a machine, so maybe they were just malfunctioning?

The gift shop had a nice assortment of T-shirts, towels, backpacks, and other items. So I did manage to get a few souvenirs before I checked out.

The Starbucks was always full and had a long line. I didn't stop there.

Being in the conference each day, the only park time I had was our night at Island of Adventure. It was sponsored by the conference, so we had from 8:30pm to 11:30pm in Marvel Super Hero Island, Jurassic Park, and Harry Potter/Hogsmeade all to our selves. They had food and drinks out for us until 10:30p. We were the only ones in those sections. So no lines meant we could get on Hagrids, the Velocicoaster, then Hagrids again, at which point we considered Velocicoaster again but were a little tipsy and decided to sit and eat and drink a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter