CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Skywalker3

DIS Veteran
Which brand of packs did you use/purchase? I always find that type of pack is difficult to find.
I order online from Community Coffee. Dark roast, under the single serve sectioin. I usually only order if they are doing a good sale/discount, like 25-30 percent off, which they often do at holidays, and order enough for free shipping.

georgina

DIS Veteran
Heading to CB resort in 23 weeks for our first time! What type of pods do the coffee makers use? Is Starbucks still open at 6:00 (this is on the website but I don't know if that has changed). How easy is it to get from CB to other resorts like Royal Pacific and Saphire Falls? I've heard that Orchids and Strong Water? Bay? Bar? something like that are both good dining options.
Starbucks opened at 6 in May. The line was fairly long because the Bayliner Diner doesn't open until 7. (maybe took 15 - 20 minutes?) I did not get there right at 6, maybe 6:30. I got my coffee and pastry and headed out for early entry.

If you are comfortable crossing the street at a traffic light without a crosswalk, Sapphire Falls is right across the street. Have to watch the lanes that have a left turn signal for traffic. Otherwise there is a pedestrian bridge at the end of the resort toward Hollywood Way. The walking paths show up in green on google maps, Royal Pacific is a bit farther but not a bad walk. People do like Strong Water Tavern, I have never been.

NewEnglandDisney

Just My Opinion. Your mileage may vary.
Does anyone know if the Hearing Accessible or ADA rooms are in specific areas, or just scattered here and there?

I didn't notice any replies to this one, and was actually wondering myself. Not because I need either, but because I'm about to book our first trip to Cabana Bay, for a Volcano view room, and there doesn't seem to be a "just a standard version" option - only Hearing Accessible / ADA / or both in one. Is this just how all the rooms at the resort are, either one, the other, or both? It seems this way for any category of room.

Only really care because we really want a room in the Bayside tower on an upper floor for a good view of the Volcano...and I don't want to hurt the chances of getting the request filled if they think we need some sort of accessible room.

Thanks!

georgina

DIS Veteran
I didn't notice any replies to this one, and was actually wondering myself. Not because I need either, but because I'm about to book our first trip to Cabana Bay, for a Volcano view room, and there doesn't seem to be a "just a standard version" option - only Hearing Accessible / ADA / or both in one. Is this just how all the rooms at the resort are, either one, the other, or both? It seems this way for any category of room.

Only really care because we really want a room in the Bayside tower on an upper floor for a good view of the Volcano...and I don't want to hurt the chances of getting the request filled if they think we need some sort of accessible room.

Thanks!
If you put in random dates in January, there is a regular Volcano Bay view room listed in addition to all the accessible ones. I think they may be the only ones available for your dates, if I look at my dates in August it is the same as what you are seeing.

So no, all the volcano view rooms are not accessible and sorry but I have no idea where those rooms are located in the building. (I would suspect the mobility ones would be on a low floor because in case of fire you aren't supposed to use the elevators.) Hearing ones have this -
"Accessibility features include visual alarm and doorbell, flashing light on phone, and outlet near phone for TTY. "

I know, not much help.

NewEnglandDisney

Just My Opinion. Your mileage may vary.
If you put in random dates in January, there is a regular Volcano Bay view room listed in addition to all the accessible ones. I think they may be the only ones available for your dates, if I look at my dates in August it is the same as what you are seeing.

So no, all the volcano view rooms are not accessible and sorry but I have no idea where those rooms are located in the building. (I would suspect the mobility ones would be on a low floor because in case of fire you aren't supposed to use the elevators.) Hearing ones have this -
"Accessibility features include visual alarm and doorbell, flashing light on phone, and outlet near phone for TTY. "

I know, not much help.

Thank you!! That actually is a tremendous help - I had not thought to check that with different dates (boy, am I out of practice with this stuff!).

We were able to play with the dates a bit and will be booking a different week - we were able to find the regular Volcano view room that way (and the rate was even a bit cheaper!).

Thanks very much for getting me off my duff and actually booking - that was actually just the answer we needed!

Fely the 1st

Earning My Ears
We stay at RPR for our next trip but I would like to spend some time at CB to explore the pool and resort. Do you know if I can book a pool cabana even if I do not stay at this resort? Thank you so much.