CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

I asked for late checkout when we went in March and they were not able to give it to me.

On our last stay at Cabana Bay, I texted them and they said yes. My travel partner stopped at the front desk (I was still in the park and she had headed back to the hotel) and they said that they couldn't. So your mileage may vary...

On our last stay at Cabana Bay, I texted them and they said yes. My travel partner stopped at the front desk (I was still in the park and she had headed back to the hotel) and they said that they couldn't. So your mileage may vary...
Ooh, good to know. We did ask at the desk. We're going again next week and I'll try texting!

Ooh, good to know. We did ask at the desk. We're going again next week and I'll try texting!

Be sure to report back how it goes.

I love, love, LOVE the text for info feature at the hotels. It makes it so easy to find out information, ask questions, etc. and saves many trips to the front desk. The information isn't always 100% (I don't think the people answering are actually on-site at the hotels), but it works most of the time.

Just back from a quick stay at cabana Bay. This is our first stay at a non‐EP resort and we loved it. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. We've stayed at all the Disney values (and moderates and deluxes) and this hotel completely blows Disney values out of the water (yes, We've even stayed in a refurbished room at Pop and ASMo) We had a tasty dinner at the Bayliner and loved all of the little touches like the Zest soap and V08 shampoo. They really thought about every little detail. And just for reference we came here after spending the night at PBR in a deluxe room and although it was noticeably smaller we didn't feel cramped at all. Look forward to many more stays here.

While it fits with the time period, I do not like the VO5 and Zest soap, always bring some little bottles from home :)

Just arrived today. Here until June 5.

Did online check-in. Arrived 11:30. Room not ready (no surprise).
Got lunch, pool time, until finally get text that room is ready. Instead of giving me the room number it says I need to go to the desk and get our keys updated. Weird. So I got to wait in line again. Thank goodness the mobile check-in line is much shorter. Lady at desk was very confused, but re-printed our keys.

When I went through the mobile check-in line at 11:30, I asked for a room near the food court (which I had also put that request in my reservation) and the guy said we would have that. We are almost all the way at the far end of building 4. Oh well. We have a family suite, inside entrance, non-poolside.

Currently we are waiting for our pizza order while both of our teen boys sleep. We had to get up at 4 to head to the airport this morning and they were whooped.

Does anyone know which building has the exterior pool view family suites? have only stayed in the Americana building

Does anyone know which building has the exterior pool view family suites? have only stayed in the Americana building
Castaway, Thunderbird & Starlight are the three building that are comprised of all exterior entry family suites - they surround the pool with the slide if that helps :)

Just did a super quick, 1 night stay at Cabana Bay, first time there. Had pros and cons. We drove over from Boardwalk/Disney at 6:30 AM. Checking in around 7AM. had already done mobile checkin, but needed the room keys for early entry. The room was READY. At 7AM!! I was so tired and rushed that morning, it didn't even register with me that the room was ready until I'd been at the parks a few hours. (we'd been really go-go-going at WDW the whole week, exhausted!)
Continental building, room 4552, standard pool view overlooking the lazy river. I'll try and attach some pictures. Parking garage was VERY convenient. Once I returned to room, mid afternoon, realized room was next to a bank of elevators that put you very near garage. Moved van to close spot, and very east to get luggage. Room was 2 hallway-walks down. I didn't make a request, and compared to being in THE farthest room from the lobby at BWV, this was ok.
Continental ended up being convenient to Bayliner diner, fairly convenient to bus stop, and good to get to lazy river/pool. Not convenient to the pedestrian bridge. We used busses several time, to and from. Very frequent, constant bus service, so no need to walk.
Rooms: small and noisy. Bathroom is not separated. One big room, toilet,tub,sink all in one room. I much preferred the bathroom set up at Surfside and Aventura. Nice room, clean, comfortable, soft bed, great view.
Very noisy. Lots of families/noise from hallways, and quite a lot of noise from the pool areas. I wasn't trying to nap, so didn't bother me too much, but it's not at all a peaceful place if you're looking for that. Very much reminded me of All Stars.
Loved the retro kitschy vibe. Very fun.
Pool closed due to weather for several hours. So, if you are booking primarily for a great pool, keep that in mind. My daughter and her friend went to the pool around 9:45 that night. The pool/lazy river closed at 11:00. Very busy. No fresh/unused towels were available. They did not restock. we'd brought our own, so not a big deal. She said the pool was fun, but felt crowded, and lazy river nice. We didn't bring an innertube, but she just floated/walked.
Used the texting service to ask a few questions, pool hours, room#, etc, and got very quick, friendly responses.
Overall, so very glad I tried it. Family suites are probably the way to go, but we don't plan on staying again. We'd likely choose Aventura, probably even Endless summer, although CB does have the walking path option. Pool is a big plus. We didn't try Bayliner diner or bowling, so can't comment there. And we probably didn't stay long enough to get a good feel for the place. Not a bad choice, but we just found other hotels preferable.IMG_3063.JPGIMG_3061.JPGIMG_3060.JPGIMG_3050.JPGIMG_3051.JPGIMG_3053.JPGIMG_3058.JPGIMG_3052.JPGIMG_3065.JPGIMG_3055.JPG

Last edited:
Added some pictures to the CB report. Sorry for the sideways ones. I"ll figure all this out one of these days....maybe. The first couple are of our view from the 5th floor, Continental building. Rest are assorted room shots. Alex/lion from Madagascar was meeting/greeting in the lobby when I got back mid afternoon.

Added some pictures to the CB report. Sorry for the sideways ones. I"ll figure all this out one of these days....maybe. The first couple are of our view from the 5th floor, Continental building. Rest are assorted room shots. Alex/lion from Madagascar was meeting/greeting in the lobby when I got back mid afternoon.

Thanks for coming back with such an honest review, we always appreciate it :)

Tommy - thank you so much for this info and the map. We are just staying in one of the standard ie cheapest rooms but it says on our confirmation “partial pool view”. I don’t think we can expect much in terms of location but I might try asking to be as near to the centre as possible! Worth a try
We are also booked in a "partial pool view" family suite interior entry. My best guess as to location would be the Americana building either closest to the lobby or farthest from the lobby. It seems like all of Continental has a clear view of the pool.

I'm try to decide on a stay here and buying express passes or staying at Portofino. A 2 night stay at CB with EP purchase comes to the same price as staying 2 nights at Portofino. We have 5 adults (2 oldies and 3 between 18 and 21).
We are 2 nights, with one full day at the parks and one day at Volcano Bay.
So a few questions about CB:
1. Can you walk to the parks from CB? If so, how long does it take?
2. How long are bus waits early in the morning to get to EE at the parks?
3. How long are the bus waits coming and going in the afternoon if we decide to return for a rest/pool time?
4. I've check in at this hotel can a long process, how long are the typical waits for check in?
5. What are the check out options? Do you have to check out in person?
6. Do you need to make reservations to bowl?
7. What are noise levels like at this hotel early morning or late night?

Thanks for any help. And if anyone has any pros or cons about this hotel vs Portofino, please let me know. I am really stuck on which way to go.

I'm try to decide on a stay here and buying express passes or staying at Portofino. A 2 night stay at CB with EP purchase comes to the same price as staying 2 nights at Portofino. We have 5 adults (2 oldies and 3 between 18 and 21).
3. How long are the bus waits coming and going in the afternoon if we decide to return for a rest/pool time?
4. I've check in at this hotel can a long process, how long are the typical waits for check in?

Thanks for any help. And if anyone has any pros or cons about this hotel vs Portofino, please let me know. I am really stuck on which way to go.
1) yes. About 20 minutes I would say. Can also take the boat to/from Sapphire Falls
2) bus waits in the morning have been minimal there is often a 2nd bus waiting once one leaves.
3) I have not found long bus waits
going back to the resort in the afternoon. Last trip in May I had a few longer waits for buses going from CB to the parks late morning/early afternoon.
4) gonna vary. I have arrived early in the morning to no wait, had a long wait later in the afternoon when a convention was arriving.
5) NO. No need to go to the desk to check out. Can do it by text. If you need to leave luggage with baggage service there was a long line at 11 AM to do that. Recommend to do it earlier if needed.
6) have never bowled
7) there will be noises in hallways as people walk around. When I have had a pool view room there is music in the afternoon and into the evening. I have not found it terribly noisy in general.

In conclusion, I am usually solo and love Cabana Bay, but if you can be happy in a room together Portofino is wonderful. Walking to VB from CB is great though.

Last edited:
We are going to be staying in the family suites. Can you request buildings?
If so, what does everyone recommend for family suite room locations?
We are staying 2 nights. 1 day in the parks and 1 day in volcano bay.

Heading to CB resort in 23 weeks for our first time! What type of pods do the coffee makers use? Is Starbucks still open at 6:00 (this is on the website but I don't know if that has changed). How easy is it to get from CB to other resorts like Royal Pacific and Saphire Falls? I've heard that Orchids and Strong Water? Bay? Bar? something like that are both good dining options.

1. I didn't walk it, but have walked back to Aventura. (by way of CB....) and used the pedestrian bridge. Not a short walk, especially if staying in a farther out building, but liked having the option to walk. Path was nice
3. Every time leaving CW, if the CB bus was pulling away, there was another one right behind it. From CB back to parks, bus was at the stop when I got there.
4. Did online checkin night before, and then checked in around 7:05 AM the next morning. Didn't take long at all. Never know what might slow things down tho, as when we checked in to a different hotel last March, the room card printer was having issues, took several mins to fix, and slowed down the line, but no issues at CB.
5. I checked out via email
Have a fun time!!!

Heading to CB resort in 23 weeks for our first time! What type of pods do the coffee makers use? Is Starbucks still open at 6:00 (this is on the website but I don't know if that has changed). How easy is it to get from CB to other resorts like Royal Pacific and Saphire Falls? I've heard that Orchids and Strong Water? Bay? Bar? something like that are both good dining options.
IMG_3056.JPG
Here's a picture of the coffee pot, standard room. Single serve., used those small travel packs. I brought my own packs. I don't like hotel coffee. too weak. But I also had a travel Keurig on the trip. If we'd been staying more than 1 night, I would've brought it up to the room to use.

View attachment 681082
Here's a picture of the coffee pot, standard room. Single serve., used those small travel packs. I brought my own packs. I don't like hotel coffee. too weak. But I also had a travel Keurig on the trip. If we'd been staying more than 1 night, I would've brought it up to the room to use.
Which brand of packs did you use/purchase? I always find that type of pack is difficult to find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter