cabana at the water parks, worth it?

We rented one last summer because my 71yr old mother was going. Turned out to be the best thing. We actually didnt use the refillable cups that much, but was nice to not have to worry about towels and to have a locker to put cameras, fitbits, hearing aid, etc in. Had a place to hang out when the rides were closed due to lightning which turned out to be much longer than we expected. Free water, again, not really a necessity but definitely an added perk. We paid for it about 6 months before our trip so the cost stung a little less. We had one just over the bridge from food and restrooms so we had some foot traffic, but it wasnt a big deal to us.

Great. I think we might go for this. We keep ourselves pretty busy at the waterparks but it would be nice to have some where to base ourselves.
These are great. We got the umbrellas / chairs at TL in June 2015 and LOVED them. I'm looking at getting them again for our Aug trip coming up at BB. I need to call and see if any are available. It is nice having a dedicated "home base" you don't need to run and hunt for. Just more relaxing.

These are great. We got the umbrellas / chairs at TL in June 2015 and LOVED them. I'm looking at getting them again for our Aug trip coming up at BB. I need to call and see if any are available. It is nice having a dedicated "home base" you don't need to run and hunt for. Just more relaxing.

I would recommend that you do not wait too long if you're already decided!

Last year, cabanas were regularly sold out in August several days before.

We only rented an umbrella, but when it rained/stormed we were glad we had a place to go. We had to sit in the middle of the umbrella area to avoid the rain, but we didn't get rained on. We were at TL in the Getaway Glen area. The umbrellas there were right next to ice-cream, food and a drink refill station. The weather was fine until 1pm, then it rained for about an hour and a half, then cleared for 45 minutes, then we were cleared out of the pools again due to nearby storms. We decided to just call it a day. Having said that, I'm glad we only spent 60, because I would have been upset had I spent 360.00 and it rained from 1pm on. Just something to think about.

And the day we went, everything was already booked. So I would reserve ahead.

We have rented one for the last couple of years in the summer. Totally worth it for us.

I do not always handle the heat well and need a nice shady spot to come back to when I need a break. The cabana is perfect!

We love the cabanas by the surf pool as we spend a lot of time in that pool. It's a great base camp for everyone. We have always had really good service by our cabana CM, food and drinks brought to us was a huge plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter