Buy VGF direct or wait for Poly 2

The other option may be purchasing half of that direct at VGF and then the AKV on resale. The only thing is you'd need to go annually with that plan, banking and borrowing.
I was going to suggest the same. 150 VGF direct = blue card, and with banking/borrowing = 300 Every Other Year. Then 150 AKK resale = ~$50 x 150 = $7,500 savings, and with banking/borrowing is also 300 EOY.

While on the surface you’d want to use 300 somewhere every year, you could still do 600 EOY with a split stay, or of course rent out. Pretty sizeable savings with AKV resale to at least consider it. (Granted VGF extra years and lower dues has value too)

It looks like we're 90% on pulling the trigger on 300pts direct at Grand Floridian. Total cost with magical beginnings ends up at $159/pt. I think that's really good but the only thing holding us back is that we really liked Kidani and would be fine staying there anytime we go to Orlando, which is probably ever other year at best. Thoughts?

The incentives right now are pretty good. Just as a thought maybe split the VGF into two 150 pt contracts and then if down the line something comes up that you really like with AKV you can purchase there and sell off one of the VGFs if you dont think you need it. FWIW Kidani should be easy to book at 7 months and whatever points you save by doing a trip there can always be rented out to cover some of the costs of the more expensive contract.

We’re in the same boat. Poly resale and RR direct (blue card). Considering adding on VGF because 1) it’s a beautiful resort in its own right, and 2) I doubt PVB2 incentives will net down to $161/pt for 150 points and MB.

We would likely split the 150 VGF into 100 and 50 so we could easily sell the smaller at a later time. Also considering selling PVB resale, since there really isn’t a home resort advantage there (at this time…could change…).

I like the idea of direct VGF over resale Poly to keep our options of where we stay open (e.g., PVB2 and RR especially). It’s probably the last direct resort that’ll grandfather access to the Club resorts.

We might also hang onto Poly and rent those points most years. No shortage of demand for Poly from renters.
Keep in mind when you mention splitting the 150 points into 2 smaller 100/50 point contracts you will not be eligible for the developer credits and some of the other discounts. The best deals start at the 150 point mark.

Keep in mind when you mention splitting the 150 points into 2 smaller 100/50 point contracts you will not be eligible for the developer credits and some of the other discounts. The best deals start at the 150 point mark.
Are you sure that is correct?

I saw several posts of people saying they got credit for the total points even though they put them into 2 smaller lots.

I saw several posts of people saying they got credit for the total points even though they put them into 2 smaller lots.
I really want to know this too. I was told by our guide we couldn't split and keep the 300pt incentives. We would be stuck with whatever incentives were at the 150pt mark for each of the contracts.

I really want to know this too. I was told by our guide we couldn't split and keep the 300pt incentives. We would be stuck with whatever incentives were at the 150pt mark for each of the contracts.
You can split them and keep the grand total points incentives. It's based on the total purchased at once. Tell your Guide to check again.

We just did 200 VGF split 150/50 to protect our blue card status if needed later. We got the incentives based on 200 points.

Okay, they're basically the same in current incentives (rates for 150 pts and 200 pts), but last round before we rewrote they were a lot different and we got the better rate of the higher total even with the 150/50 split.

No way that’s true. People split points all the time (e.g., Dec 150 into 100 and 50).

If you bought 100 RR and 50 VGF, then you wouldn’t qualify for the 150 incentives.

You get the credits for total points. We bought 300 VGF points last year, 150 in a June UY and 150 in a Dec UY and we got the incentive for 300 points.

No way that’s true. People split points all the time (e.g., Dec 150 into 100 and 50).

If you bought 100 RR and 50 VGF, then you wouldn’t qualify for the 150 incentives.

If buying different resorts this is true. But. It if you are buying the same one and just buying smaller contracts.

Can confirm split contracts at the same resort qualify for the credits of the total points.
Just purchased two 75 points VGF, got the same incentive as 150 VGF points.

Can confirm split contracts at the same resort qualify for the credits of the total points.
Just purchased two 75 points VGF, got the same incentive as 150 VGF points.
That's really helpful. I assume "Just purchased" means within this current incentive period. I'm going back to my guide and get the deal split. Would you be ok sharing who your guide is in case I get stonewalled?

That's really helpful. I assume "Just purchased" means within this current incentive period. I'm going back to my guide and get the deal split. Would you be ok sharing who your guide is in case I get stonewalled?

Yes, just purchased last Wednesday, will DM you the guide.

We just rewrote our contracts with our Guide who has been very helpful and hasn't pushed back on anything. In fact she got us more incentives than I thought possible. If your current Guide isn't working then I'd consider calling ours.

Luisenia “Lu” Bernatow
Vacation Club Guide
Direct Line: 407-827-5375
OR
Toll-Free Direct: 855-376-0244
Lu.Bernatow@disney.com

Make sure to check which is the better deal with incentives. For example, 400 points at VGF is actually better with 2 separate 200 point contracts at the 200 point incentives than getting the 400 point incentives. Our guide was going to automatically give us the 400 point pricing and we had to explain that we wanted to consider them 2 completely separate transactions.

I'm going on what my guide told me earlier this week. Again, seems different people get different answers.

I'm going on what my guide told me earlier this week. Again, seems different people get different answers.
Your guide is incorrect. Just push back, the company policy is split contracts (for the same resort) qualify for all the incentives as if it was a single contract. I know this from talking to the head of the Legal and Compliance department on another issue.

Also my split contract did get me full incentives without 0 hesitation. However, I did have to buy a 150 minimum contract for one because at the time that was the minimum purchase and I couldn't get them to waive that.

Just got confirmation from my guide that I can split the contracts and still have the inventive based on total points. He initially said no but thanks to this thread I pushed back and he took it up the chain and got confirmation that it can be done. I'm adding 300pts so it will be two 150pt contracts so maybe that has something to do with it.

Now I’m wondering if there’s an arbitrage opportunity to buy 2 75 point contracts or 3 50 point contracts at the 150pt rate and then sell one of them resale at the same I paid for it…I know I’d eat the broker fee, but I think it would still come out much cheaper than buying 75 or 100 points direct without all the discounts. 🤔🤔

Now I’m wondering if there’s an arbitrage opportunity to buy 2 75 point contracts or 3 50 point contracts at the 150pt rate and then sell one of them resale at the same I paid for it…I know I’d eat the broker fee, but I think it would still come out much cheaper than buying 75 or 100 points direct without all the discounts. 🤔🤔
If we decide to add on, this was my plan. Split the contract to 100 and 50, sell the 50 once VGF sells out in 12-18 months.

Same. I had no intentions of buying direct right now and really wanted to wait for Poly2, but I couldn’t pass up these current incentives (I bought 150 pts at VGF). I love the Poly, and that would be my buy where you want to stay resort, but the cost of buying direct makes me cringe…the current incentives make me cringe way less. My thought process was, if I wait, while I would have more money set aside to buy in say next year, I will most likely pay more; Poly2 may be restricted, which I’m not sure I am totally comfortable with, although my mindset is changing on that and I may dislike the tower, although I didn’t think I’d like staying at Bay Lake or want to buy direct either until I did. The bottom line is, for me, there were too many questions and unknowns around waiting for Poly2 and I know what I am getting with buying VGF right now. And if I love Poly2, then there’s nothing saying I can’t buy there as well.
If you buy poly resale, is it restricted like riviera? Meaning can I book into all the legacy dvc as resale, or only book poly ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter