Buy other gift cards with walmart gift card

I tried to buy a Disney gift card today with my Walmart gift card and the system wouldn’t allow it. I used self checkout, but as soon as I scanned the gift card it came up that I needed a associate. She had to login in and then put the amount on the card. When I went to pay it, it said declined on the screen and stated I needed to pay with cash or debit/credit card.

Seems like they aren't allowing any purchase of a Disney GC with a WM GC.

^^ Not surprised. Stores are restricting the use of gift cards for such transactions due to theft & money laundering issues. As I mentioned previously, they have probably updated their software to end this loophole of using self-checkout.

I tried to buy a Disney gift card today with my Walmart gift card and the system wouldn’t allow it. I used self checkout, but as soon as I scanned the gift card it came up that I needed a associate. She had to login in and then put the amount on the card. When I went to pay it, it said declined on the screen and stated I needed to pay with cash or debit/credit card.
I had that happened back in September. Associate came over, pulled the transaction to her register asked me a few questions and then allowed the card to go through.

When I did it in my neck of the woods, it went through no problems! These were too very different stores on totally opposite sides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter