Bsod - Sunday 2/18/07

In the past they have only extended the quest til the next event on the calendar starts... At least that is what I remember.

Lets put ourselves in their shoes for a minute.
I'm sure they are quite bothered by this problem. Just think if you had all these kids of all ages breathing down your back while you were trying your best to fix a problem for them. And you are trying to please your boss also.

Im sorry VMK you are having problems and hope you can find the solution soon.
I have worked with programs and know what a headache they can be!!
I think people are more upset by the fact that this happens quite often and this is not a recent problem. On that note, there is never any indication of the problem on the main page. This makes it even more frustrating for those who spend all this time attempting to sign on....when it would have been easier to say "hey, can't sign on right now, estimated time for it back up will be at x:xx pm." Even if that estimated time isn't exact, or even if they leave out an estimated time, it allows people to see that they don't have to keep going back and forth just guessing that perhaps maybe the BSOD has passed and they can now get on.

Personally, I'm just wondering how other MMOGs are able to keep going while VMK has developed a reputation for going down.

Phinny has said that she will not run her quests on top of another host event, although I think that this may help with the long queues. Host more than one event at the same time and the lines will be shorter - I think this has been proven time and time again during maze events and such - but who am I?:rotfl2: ;)

There is a chance that they will extend this quest because the quest has not started...

The host quests are timed... so if it has started, often they wont restart it... BUT since this has NOT started, they may start it when VMK opens...

It that makes sense

As for EYE SPY with an S.... could it be a Smiley?

In the past they have only extended the quest til the next event on the calendar starts... At least that is what I remember.

Lets put ourselves in their shoes for a minute.
I'm sure they are quite bothered by this problem. Just think if you had all these kids of all ages breathing down your back while you were trying your best to fix a problem for them. And you are trying to please your boss also.

Im sorry VMK you are having problems and hope you can find the solution soon.
I have worked with programs and know what a headache they can be!!

I would agree with you, but.... This has been going on for several weeks now. Instead of being reactive you would think they would be proactive.

Actually, I've seen where there are a some people that can't play with more because it will crash on them. I sometimes have that problem if there's more than four people in the game.

I understand what you are saying. But to only allow two people to play in a game on a day that is insanely crazy seems a little selfish. I can understand four players in the game (two on each side). But to only allow two?

I think people are more upset by the fact that this happens quite often and this is not a recent problem. On that note, there is never any indication of the problem on the main page. This makes it even more frustrating for those who spend all this time attempting to sign on....when it would have been easier to say "hey, can't sign on right now, estimated time for it back up will be at x:xx pm." Even if that estimated time isn't exact, or even if they leave out an estimated time, it allows people to see that they don't have to keep going back and forth just guessing that perhaps maybe the BSOD has passed and they can now get on.

Personally, I'm just wondering how other MMOGs are able to keep going while VMK has developed a reputation for going down.

I agree a note on the front page would be most helpful! :goodvibes

My only complaint is if they don't want us doing these quests why do they put them up in the first place. If they know that every VMK player that there is, is going to try or login to VMK to do these quests on Sunday then why don't they do their updates at a time when no one is on or when there isn't a host event going on. They've encountered this problem every Sunday now for weeks, it looks like they would have a fix for it by now......just my 2 cents worth...lol

I totally agree. I left a message in that black-hole "Contact Us" this morning asking for just that.

Well had time to take a shower and come back and it is still down!....humm.... so lets see only 1 hour left of the morning quest! :lmao:

Will they extend the morning quest... oh no they would never think of doing that! It's ture they usually only extend the quest til the next event! And the next event if I remember corectly is Host Sparky's game...and good luck on getting in that one..IF they are up and running by then!!! :laughing: :sad2:

Phinny has said that she will not run her quests on top of another host event, although I think that this may help with the long queues. Host more than one event at the same time and the lines will be shorter - I think this has been proven time and time again during maze events and such - but who am I?:rotfl2: ;)

That makes sense. Ah, but this is a virtual place and the rules are not the same as in real.:teacher:

did any one notice that haley and jake's dialogue has changed on the home page? does this mean it will start working again soon?

On another site someone got in and started the quest apparently the prizes are 300 Credits, Club 33 Pin and a roll of film.

ETA: They crashed after about a minute.

I think that's one of the things that bugs me the most. I've sent my comments to the Black Hole every single Sunday. I've yet to get any response and there seems to be no change to how they're doing things. Letting us know that they are aware of the problem, brainstorming fixes & putting up a notice of the rough estimated fix time would at least show that they care. I don't think we'd be nearly as unhappy if the folks at VMK showed some interest in how this affects us.

I've been wondering this quite often myself lately. I don't play any other online games. Is this a widespread problem or just with VMK? I'm not trying to be ungrateful but "free" seems to be no excuse for the constant hassles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter