Bsod - Sunday 2/18/07

Of course they are going to take contact us down now. A bunch of disgruntled, smart-bottomed DISers sending into Yeti "Why is VMK always down on a Sunday?"

That brings up a question: What is a "gruntled" person such that a disgruntled person is unhappy?

Well BSOD is gone for me and now I am getting the "can't access the site" so looks like they killed Disney again lol...

White screen is a difference but a bit frustrating when you know there is NO chance of logging back on.

I'm off to buy the ingredients for these things Paula Dean made 6 layer bars or something like that

Graham cracker crumbs (1 cup) (I'm using rice crackers though)
and a cup of melted butter pressed into the bottom of the pan
Then 1 cup of butterscotch morsals
then 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate morsals
then a cup of chopped pecans
then a cup of sweet coconut
then a can of condensed milk

Bake at 350 for 30minutes

sounded good and well- why not blow a diet when VMK is down...

Sigh

I suppose I could always do something other than VMK- but geez- it is Sunday- I'm supposed to sit looking at my computer for most of the morning.

On the upside, they will probably make the quest available the rest of the day and I was already stuck at work. At this rate, the race will be starting before VMK opens.

I would only wish that would happen but very rarely will they leave it up for the day.

Edit
------
WOOT 500th Post!!!!
------------

Dear DayDoe,

Thanks for writing in! VMK is down every Sunday at quest time because we here at VMK are not smart enough to do our enhancements during the actual hours that the park is already closed.

Sincerely,

The Yeti :rolleyes1

Nope. It always happens during the Sunday quest. So I'm convinced that it's to keep people from doing the quest more than once or twice.
They usually do get it up and running when there's only about a half or so left of the quest.

It;s like when the game window opens in Ghost on Tuesdays.. it flashes right before the game full popup comes up... so for a split second you think you got a game only to find out you dont.

Oh yes... good times....

Okay. I'm off topic on this one, but...

I was trying to play on Tuesday. I kept trying to join a game and the person who started the game kept booting everyone out. So it ended up being them and one more going into play. I don't remember the name, but it was a Community Leader.

I was more hacked off at the CL than not being able to get in.

Okay done.

It looks like it is going to be another beautifully warm (80 degrees), blue-sky day here in sunny SoCal and I'm not going to waste it waiting for this game to be fixed. Life is too short.

Have a beautiful day everyone - be happy.:flower3:

Take a shower, re-write War and Peace, fly to Paris, you can probably get all this accomplished before VMK comes back up.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

On the upside, they will probably make the quest available the rest of the day and I was already stuck at work. At this rate, the race will be starting before VMK opens.

No they won't. They haven't before. :headache:

This would be great if we could, however you can't even contact the Yeti at the moment.

LOL

That's because the Yeti is busy tracking down whoever bought the wrong Creme DeMenthe for the staff's Mint Juleps and caused them to spill drinks all over the server. After seeing what happened on Everest when people just tried to visit his mountain, I don't want to see what happens after the Yeti gets ahold of that person.

I am sending hubby out for our Starbuck's :drinking1, so thought I would take some orders :goodvibes If you want anything from Starbuck's let me know and I will give the list to hubby :thumbsup2

BTW, I spy with my little eye :magnify: something that starts with "S"

:tigger:

In the past they have only extended the quest til the next event on the calendar starts... At least that is what I remember.

Lets put ourselves in their shoes for a minute.
I'm sure they are quite bothered by this problem. Just think if you had all these kids of all ages breathing down your back while you were trying your best to fix a problem for them. And you are trying to please your boss also.

Im sorry VMK you are having problems and hope you can find the solution soon.
I have worked with programs and know what a headache they can be!!

I can't even log on at all and I was hoping to play the host's quest. I guess I won't be able to now...

Okay. I'm off topic on this one, but...

I was trying to play on Tuesday. I kept trying to join a game and the person who started the game kept booting everyone out. So it ended up being them and one more going into play. I don't remember the name, but it was a Community Leader.

I was more hacked off at the CL than not being able to get in.

Okay done.

Actually, I've seen where there are a some people that can't play with more because it will crash on them. I sometimes have that problem if there's more than four people in the game.

I want to go on VMK!!!! I'm sick so i can't go anywhere and there is nothing on TV on a Sunday Afternoon!!!!!!!:sad2: :sad1: :mad:

Hey, I'm sympathetic to the poor network/server folks trying to fix this. But the fact that it happens every Sunday?

Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Then again, as I hit the contact us button again, am I not insane as well?

Well BSOD is gone for me and now I am getting the "can't access the site" so looks like they killed Disney again lol...

White screen is a difference but a bit frustrating when you know there is NO chance of logging back on.

I'm off to buy the ingredients for these things Paula Dean made 6 layer bars or something like that

Graham cracker crumbs (1 cup) (I'm using rice crackers though)
and a cup of melted butter pressed into the bottom of the pan
Then 1 cup of butterscotch morsals
then 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate morsals
then a cup of chopped pecans
then a cup of sweet coconut
then a can of condensed milk

Bake at 350 for 30minutes

sounded good and well- why not blow a diet when VMK is down...

Sigh

I suppose I could always do something other than VMK- but geez- it is Sunday- I'm supposed to sit looking at my computer for most of the morning.

I LOVE THESE!!!!

There is a chance that they will extend this quest because the quest has not started...

The host quests are timed... so if it has started, often they wont restart it... BUT since this has NOT started, they may start it when VMK opens...

It that makes sense

As for EYE SPY with an S.... could it be a Smiley?

Hey, I'm sympathetic to the poor network/server folks trying to fix this. But the fact that it happens every Sunday?

Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Then again, as I hit the contact us button again, am I not insane as well?

DITTO :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter