Bridge Closed To Golf Carts

teachers can only do so much for kids, the kids have to make their life choices themselves. they are not products from a "world of education" they are products from their raising. Blame their parents not their teachers.

As usual, folks get all upset at what they think someone said and start getting their feelings hurt...I never said anything about "teachers"...I said "we", which refers to our society and current way of doing things.... :rolleyes:...
And by the way...The current public school and education system is a joke. Sorry if you take it so personal...

funny you edited your post as i was about to respond, you said products from the "world of education" so if not teachers which are the ones who deal with the kids on a regular basis then just who are you referring to? Society does not teach our kids, techers do.

It takes a village... uh, bleeeeccchhh! Sorry, this nasty tasting gob of non-sense just got lodged in my throat and I had to expectorate! It takes a FAMILY. When families stop caring whether their children are literate and competent then children will stop learning and you can't blame the teachers for that. The best educated kids I know are all home-schooled, but I think that is more a reflection on the care and concern of the parents than the education they are receiving.

:santa:

As usual, folks get all upset at what they think someone said and start getting their feelings hurt...I never said anything about "teachers"...I said "we", which refers to our society and current way of doing things.... :rolleyes:...
And by the way...The current public school and education system is a joke. Sorry if you take it so personal...

If the parents cared a little more about the system..and not just complaining when Johnny doesn't make the grade. Our public schools might be better. I haven't found that it's teachers that pass the kids from one year to the next..but rather parents who blame the teacher for not doing a good enough job when Johnny fails...then insist or threaten administrators, rather than have their child suffer the ramifications of not having put forth a good effort.
In my opinion this whole "no child left behind" has turned our teachers into robots..they teach for the test. BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO. If the kids don't do well enough on the state tests..the teacher is blamed. It's a reflection on the school and it's ratings. At least that's the way it works here on Long Island. So they push these teachers to teach for the tests...and the learning that used to go on in the classroom ...those days are gone.
Personally, I'm glad I only have one year left. My son graduates next year.
Yet..I have a daughter who wants to teach. I don't think she knows what's she's letting herself in for. God bless teachers.

funny you edited your post as i was about to respond, you said products from the "world of education" so if not teachers which are the ones who deal with the kids on a regular basis then just who are you referring to? Society does not teach our kids, techers do.

No, what's funny is you are talking out of both sides of your mouth..You say teachers are not to blame, but then say "teachers teach our kids".

I do not need an education on what is wrong with the system today. I have attended church and been a born again Christian since I was a child. I have been a Law Enforcement Officer for 20 years now. I was in EMS before that. I have a teenage daughter, who is a student at a private, Christian school.

I think I have a little understanding of where our problems are. I never said ANYTHING about teachers on a personal level. Example...If I or you say something negative about "our" justice system, does that mean you are criticizing me as a Law Enforcement Officer? I myself criticize our justice system on a regular basis. So, in conclusion I will say it again. Don't take things so personal.
And yet I digress.

Man...this is getting goooood!! Closing the bridge sure brings up some interesting conflicts about our education system.....what would happen if they started charging for the campfire movie!!!

Talk about a thread hi-jack. FW bridge closing to the education system.

I homeschool (thanks Shan for the positve note on homeschoolers-I'm not used to that), so I guess technically, I have no "dog in this fight", but having gone to school to be a teacher and lots of friends and family members in the public school system, I do have an opinion! First of all, as in ANY profession, there are bad teachers out there. I myself had a few in school. A person is generally in school for 13 years, including kindergarten, so though he or she may have a bad teacher from time to time, he or she would also have a good teacher from time to time as well. Teachers today are so much more than teachers. They are often times parents, counselors, mediators and so much more to their students. The number one complaint I hear from my teacher friends is that there are not enough hours in the school day to get everything done that needs to be done. The second complaint is having to "teach for the test". Unfortunately life is not about a test, but our school system seems to think otherwise.

Shan is 100% correct in it does take a village. Though sadly, in today's world so many homes are broken and kids come home to a Mom that works long hours to put food on the table and is too tired to go over a spelling list. Then there are families that think 20+ hours of baseball practice a week is much more important than learning multiplication facts. We live in a selfish world people...I have a family member who is more worried about going to the gym, getting her nails done, and swinging by the tanning bed so that by the time she gets home, her little one is passed out on the sofa. That little one is on a 5th grade reading level and is going into the 8th grade. She begs her Mom to listen to her read every day! If she didn't live 560 miles from me, I would let her read to me!! Yes, it does take a village, and the parent is (or should be) the top dog in the village. To say that it's a teacher's fault that a child is not learning is more than likely NOT the case. There's also examples of teacher friends who have retained students only to have their parents come up to the school and rant and rave over the "injustice". What humiliation for little Tommy to not be able to go to the 3rd grade with his friends. Well lady, little Tommy is in the 2nd grade and still doesn't know his ABC's, yet it's usually an administrator who passes little Tommy, not the teacher.

We definitely live in a world where the blame lies with anything or anyone but ourselves. (Sorry, this just brings up some ill feelings for me.) My children are a blessing from God to me. It is MY responsiblity to love, nurture and care for them, and to see to it that they are equipped for adulthood.

I personally think teachers get blamed for much more than is their fault and get far less credit than they deserve.:thumbsup2 They are way underpaid for the responsibility they carry.

And just because I choose to educate my children in our home does not mean I am against the school system or teachers. So don't start flaming me! I also don't have a problem with extracurricular activites; it's people who think the activities are more important than an education that I have a problem with.

Its very educational to drive across the bridge in a golf cart. It teaches you how to cross water and stay dry. (there now we are on topic and it all ties together):confused3. They should have left the bridge open from a educational point of view.:thumbsup2

One thing is for absolute though, I'm forced to "deal" with "them" (products from your world of "education" that is) daily.....Course, I just chase 'em down and cart them off to jail, but what do I know..:confused3

Maybe all of your customers are "world of education drop-outs". Certainly there aren't any well-educated, highly influential people who have ever broken the law. :rolleyes1

No, what's funny is you are talking out of both sides of your mouth..You say teachers are not to blame, but then say "teachers teach our kids".

I do not need an education on what is wrong with the system today. I have attended church and been a born again Christian since I was a child. I have been a Law Enforcement Officer for 20 years now. I was in EMS before that. I have a teenage daughter, who is a student at a private, Christian school.

I think I have a little understanding of where our problems are. I never said ANYTHING about teachers on a personal level. Example...If I or you say something negative about "our" justice system, does that mean you are criticizing me as a Law Enforcement Officer? I myself criticize our justice system on a regular basis. So, in conclusion I will say it again. Don't take things so personal.
And yet I digress.

yes i said teachers teach our kids but how does teaching them math determine whether or not they become street thugs? That comes from their homelife and poor life decisions. I also don't care for people who stand behind their religion and think it makes them better than everyone else. Im glad your daughter is attending a christian school, i graduated from one..it must make you proud to know she is following in my footsteps.

Also nothing wrong with homeschooling as long as they are taught, i admire people who take that on. my neice is homeschooled and her mother is doing an outstanding job. unfortunatly alot of times that is not the case.

It's been my experience that you only get out of it what you put into it. Therefore, I've seen teachers that are fighting a losing battle because little Johnny's parents don't lift a finger (or, in this particular case, open a book) to help little Johnny learn what the teachers are trying to teach. Occasionally a "bad" teacher? Perhaps. But one "bad" teacher is not the reason little Johnny is a failure. JMHO.

Oh, and I'm sad the bridge is closed. Where am I going to get my golf cart airborn now???? :lmao: p.s. don't tell kenny at tee time.

I also don't care for people who stand behind their religion and think it makes them better than everyone else. Im glad your daughter is attending a christian school, i graduated from one..it must make you proud to know she is following in my footsteps.
With statements like that, it unfortunately doesn't appear you got much out of it.

Oh, and I never said I was better than anyone.

I'm done with this...

I learned in Recondo school that it is not tactically safe to cross a bridge, so I always wade through the canal when I go to the Meadows Trading Post. Not worth risking getting blown up to stay dry, so let the golf carts have the bridge.

Its very educational to drive across the bridge in a golf cart. It teaches you how to cross water and stay dry. (there now we are on topic and it all ties together):confused3. They should have left the bridge open from a educational point of view.:thumbsup2

You're missing the whole point Mikey. You forgot that it's also beneficial to have a beer in one hand before crossing the bridge. There, now we're back on topic.

I learned in Recondo school that it is not tactically safe to cross a bridge, so I always wade through the canal when I go to the Meadows Trading Post. Not worth risking getting blown up to stay dry, so let the golf carts have the bridge.

would this make you the troll under thr bridge?

Not another Troll Bridge! It seems like everywhere you go in Florida you have to stop at the booth and pay another Troll.

Wow, what I have missed since my driving in the car and coming to the Fort. We now have trolls under the bridge charging tolls! (as long as he is handing out beer with each toll, I am fine with going around....)

I guess I would not want to be a law enforcement officer in my lifetime. It is just too much effort to be bitter each and every day in my life and only see the negative in everything. I did notice you changed your avatar as well, which explains most everything else of your attitude. The truth does eventually come out. You just have to be patient.

I teach because I want to make the world a smarter and better place. Are you in law enforcement to make us safer or just to condemn others?:confused3

You're missing the whole point Mikey. You forgot that it's also beneficial to have a beer in one hand before crossing the bridge. There, now we're back on topic.

This is true and a good point.:thumbsup2 Not sure how I forgot that :confused3 but glad you caught it.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter