Bridge Closed To Golf Carts

So, this path is no longer allowed, but this path is fine.....hey as long as we can still do drive-in movie watching!! I often caught myself taking the long way to everywhere at the fort anyway!!
newpath.jpg

Yes the green marked path is the only entrance and exit to both the pool and campfire. The only Cart parking is the LITTLE lot next to the campfire. Also, when we drove in front of the Bike Barn we were TOLD "THIS AREA IS OFF LIMITS TO CARTS!" :mad: This CM apparently was not having a magical morning or Mickey did not make her coffee yet? :confused3

Pool side of bridge

027.jpg

Campfire path by Bike Barn

030.jpg

Campfire / Pool Parking. Maybe enough parking for 20 - 25 Carts. This will be a fun place on Saturday July 4th. :rotfl2:

028.jpg

031.jpg

Campfire path from the 1400 Loop

036.jpg

BDR you should still be able to watch from your cart if you get there early enough.

Good thing I'm not a teacher - I'd pass em all just so I didn't have to deal with em again.

Now that the bridge is closed..........maybe we can teach some of the effective guests to read the no smoking signs......;)

The way I'm reading this, it suggests that carts will not be allowed to enter the "Meadow Complex" from the 1400 loop. That will take some getting used to. I agree that the situation was very dangerous, and that this step is necessary, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't like it.

And, who writes these things for FW?

Who are "Effective Guests?"

TCD

Like Deb Said, we ain't effective guests.... I think I'm quite inneffective, so I will continue to mow kids down on that bridge. If they want to cross, let them get a damn cart like I do....... If God wanted us to walk, he wouldn't have invented golfcarts.

Like Deb Said, we ain't effective guests.... I think I'm quite inneffective, so I will continue to mow kids down on that bridge. If they want to cross, let them get a damn cart like I do....... If God wanted us to walk, he wouldn't have invented golfcarts.

Cart paths? Who needs stinkin' cart paths???? We are Fort Fiends for God's sake!! We make our own cart paths.

OK so hopefully they took out the post that were in the road behind the pool. If not that is going to be a huge golfcart traffic jam with all the traffic and being able to fit just one cart through the posts at the time.:scared1:

I really hate not being able to sit in the cart and watch the movie. That was an every night tradition sit in the cart and eat a box of popcorn!!!!!:mad:

So, this path is no longer allowed, but this path is fine.....hey as long as we can still do drive-in movie watching!! I often caught myself taking the long way to everywhere at the fort anyway!!
newpath.jpg

Rog- from what I see in Mickey Mobile's photos, it looks like you will not be able to drive your cart to the north side of the campfire area, which is where we have always done our drive in watching from the cart. At best, if you want to watch from your cart, you will have to be in the new parking lot, and I don't think you will be able to see from there. :(

I say double Amen to that, brother! They have this wrong. Ban the pedestrians and bikes from the bridge. If people like walking and bike riding, let them walk and ride a little longer. Let me drive my cart!

Cart paths? Who needs stinkin' cart paths???? We are Fort Fiends for God's sake!! We make our own cart paths.

And a double Amen to that, too, Sister!

OK so hopefully they took out the post that were in the road behind the pool. If not that is going to be a huge golfcart traffic jam with all the traffic and being able to fit just one cart through the posts at the time.:scared1:

I really hate not being able to sit in the cart and watch the movie. That was an every night tradition sit in the cart and eat a box of popcorn!!!!!:mad:

I don't like not being able to even drive in from the 1400 loop. What if you're staying on the 1400 loop? You have to drive all the way around and park in that stupid parking lot? Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

Daddyscooltv is right- they have gone from three ways to get in and out down to one. There will be terrible bottle necks, and also collisions, because folks are going to be forced to pass very close to each other behind the pool. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

Those new poles are wood, right?

I'm just asking so I can bring the right tools.

I am not an Effective Guest, so I need to be able to drive my cart to the Meadows Snake Bar via the bridge.

TCD

And, BTW, to the OP on this thread, Mickey Mobile, I hereby award you a TCD Junior Deputy Badge. Thank you for taking the time to report this and post photos. This is the kind of stuff about which we need to be informed.

Ah, you guys need to quit yer whinin. You love going the extra distance and you know it. You're usually looking for an excuse to drive your carts, and Disney has just given that to you. Now, suck it up like big boys and girls.

Actually, I just wanted to post something to move it to page 3 so I don't have to download all those aerial photos on my lousy dial up connection every time I want to read this thread.

Rog- from what I see in Mickey Mobile's photos, it looks like you will not be able to drive your cart to the north side of the campfire area, which is where we have always done our drive in watching from the cart. At best, if you want to watch from your cart, you will have to be in the new parking lot, and I don't think you will be able to see from there. :(

Yes, you can not get to the north side of the campfire anymore. The only cart parking is in the lot and it may be hard to see the screen.

I don't like not being able to even drive in from the 1400 loop. What if you're staying on the 1400 loop? You have to drive all the way around and park in that stupid parking lot? Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

Yes, Dumb!

Daddyscooltv is right- they have gone from three ways to get in and out down to one. There will be terrible bottle necks, and also collisions, because folks are going to be forced to pass very close to each other behind the pool. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

Yes, Dumb! Although, since the poles are still there by the porch at the pool, it may be fun to sit on the porch with a beer to watch the crashes.:drive:

Those new poles are wood, right?
I'm just asking so I can bring the right tools.

Yes, got chainsaw?:rotfl2:

And, BTW, to the OP on this thread, Mickey Mobile, I hereby award you a TCD Junior Deputy Badge. Thank you for taking the time to report this and post photos. This is the kind of stuff about which we need to be informed.

TCD Thanks. Were do I pickup my badge?

They have closed the bridge to golf carts by the Meadows Complex to the Pool.
003.jpg

Am I reading this wrong? It says "In preparation for improvements" ? What are they "preparing" for?

Are there going to be more changes? Maybe another added path or bridge?

Am I reading this wrong? It says "In preparation for improvements" ? What are they "preparing" for?

Are there going to be more changes? Maybe another added path or bridge?

That is what it says. But, I'm afraid that this is just the vague way that they communicate at WDW. It would be nice if there were some improvements coming but I don't know what they could do short of another bridge or path, and I don't see that happening.

TCD

wow, I want to be deputized by TCD... Those poles lift right out of the ground, no worries......

I heard from the guy at the Fort Wilderness food court, they are building a bridge and tunnel system to get around that lake......

I heard from the guy at the Fort Wilderness food court, they are building a bridge and tunnel system to get around that lake......

I'll have to confirm that with the 300 loop trash guy. ;)

I did not like that they closed the bridge but I could live with it. But closing the 1400 loop entrance to the camp fire is just stupid. I think I will build a taller lift for my cart with narrow tires and I will just drive over the poles. How is that for effective guest. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter