Bride-to-be's totally confusing PJ - Beach towel design =o)

I have heard that the Hawaii DVC will have a Wedding Pavilion but I don't know for sure if that is just speculation. The resort is not scheduled to open until 2011 I believe.

Why can't you just send the kids to the kids clubs? No need for parents to sit outside, that is just silly. The kids will have a blast and the parents can have fun too. So many receptions are adults only.

I think it's for sure on the HI DVC wedding area(I've seen the sketches of the resort and I believe it's open air, not an enclosed building). They just started digging out there as some of the JW Marriott guests have been complaining on Trip Advisor about the noise. We're going for 2-3 weeks next summer, been bracing myself for the sticker shock of air fare for 4. We've done Europe many times so I won't be too :scared1:.

We used to go to a great resort in Northern Michigan that had a great kids club, room for babies, toddlers and up. My 7 yr olds been doing "kiddie clubs" since he's been 2. He has always loved it, always "makes a friend or 2". Now the 12 yr old sulks, but ends up having fun.

Drop them off for all day, 1/2 day or just for an adult only dinner. Great in the winter because they would take them to and from their ski lessons.

This was your first post..
Basically we decided we wanted to do a cruise wedding over a disney world wedding because we thought it would be much less stressful for us and our guests (especially those with kids). I was scared at Disney World that guests might prefer to be in the parks doing rides instead of at our wedding
and who gave you the in room counselor information..because DCL has always strictly refused to do this..even in the parks, it is a subcontractor who does in room sitting

please don't count on TAAP as your rotation..I have NEVER had a rotation be the one that we were promised by concierge.
4 cruises, we have always had to go down to the club after boarding and have our rotation changed..and they also twice had us on the first dining despite being asked for late

Hey Starr - I wish they would go for the kids clubs!!!

I am super excited about the hawaii project. Are you guys going to stay at the Marriott next summer? I would get a airline CC and start saving miles. We are going to try to go after disney opens in 2011.

Its too bad that southwest doesn't fly there anymore.

and who gave you the in room counselor information..because DCL has always strictly refused to do this..even in the parks, it is a subcontractor who does in room sitting

please don't count on TAAP as your rotation..I have NEVER had a rotation be the one that we were promised by concierge.
4 cruises, we have always had to go down to the club after boarding and have our rotation changed..and they also twice had us on the first dining despite being asked for late

We are doing the early dining - I thought it would be best with the kids. We have always had the time we requested - with no problems. Our groups person said that she put us into that rotation. I have never requested a specific rotation before so I don't have much experience with it. Thanks for the warning though I won't get my hopes up on it.

Our groups person told us about it for the beach day and then onboard for that day if it rains $10 per person to keep everyone including kids entertained by counselors. I just figured if they could do it on the beach/on board, if we could get kids into Palo that they would allow us to do it for the little room. This is all assuming we have the entire place to ourselves. Even if they don't allow a counselor a babysitter would be fine - since all fo the parents would be 20 feet away. We really don't NEED someone the kids I am sure would be fine by themselves or they could just join all the adults for dinner and skip the little room. I don't think having the kids all hang in one of the suites would work well for us in the first place. I know the rule about the cast members not being allowed in the rooms, I never realized the babysitters were subcontractors - I just thought they were specially trained. I am always learning new things!

In the first post I was meaning more families with kids most of our guests are coming with their kids for the first time. My family and the older people in our party I don't think will care about the parks. Just those with young kids.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but would you want someone at your wedding that would rather be in the parks, then seeing you and your DF on your special day?

I'd say go with the MK wedding and reception it's going to give you what you want. It doesn't appear that the Crusie Line is going to be able to accomidate everything that you want. If you're only asking for Palo for an hour and a half, they may open later for reservations, and kids are messy and a lot to clean up after. I can understand them not allowing kids.

i really think you are giving WAY too much faith to children..even the best kids will get bored in that little room and not want to stay away from the adults in the dining room..and there is a large wall unit with glass and breakables..i would not leave a child unattended in there

I also know that we were in the room from 6pm until 8:30 when they kicked us out for the next party and there was only 13 of us..there wouldn't be enough time to seat, serve and clean up after 50 or so people in that time

Hey Starr - I wish they would go for the kids clubs!!!

I am super excited about the hawaii project. Are you guys going to stay at the Marriott next summer? I would get a airline CC and start saving miles. We are going to try to go after disney opens in 2011.

Its too bad that southwest doesn't fly there anymore.

You can't be joined at your kids's hip forever, and they need some "kid time" just as much as you need "adult time".

We have a couple of other Timeshares other than DVC, last November I traded into Wyndham Kona Hawaiian for July 2010 with one of them. Now I have my big gun my Starwood ski resort in Avon/Beaver Creek CO deposited hoping to get a week either at one of the Starwood's on Maui or Kauai or perhaps any of the Marriott's out in HI.

We've stayed in a few of the Marriott timeshares and to be honest the room layouts are superior to DVC's.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do, can't believe you have guests that would blow off your wedding ceremony to go to a park. :eek:

I've been on a number of cruises with different lines and we would always go and check after boarding to see about dining sittings. Most of the time they were not what was requested(early if you wanted late, late if you wanted early). :headache:

Cassie,

I hope you do not think I am being rude or forward, but I think you are trying too hard to accomodate your guests. There are many events in life that children simply are not invited to. Period. As adults, they should understand this. :upsidedow

If YOU want the children there, then it sounds like you are going to have to be more flexible. From what you have posted, DCL has offered you two alternatives: Beach Blanket or Studio Sea. You did not like either of them. I think, though, it is unfair to say that DCL is not trying to work with you. You may not like the options they are giving you, but they ARE giving you options. You will simply have to decide if you would prefer to have the children with you in a venue you may not be crazy about, or take the venue you desire and not have the children with you. Many brides make this choice every day in locations around the world. :guilty:

Again, I am genuinely not trying to be rude. :goodvibes I sincerely hope that you can have the wedding you desire. Most people do have to make comprimises somewhere though, be they in budget, timing, venue, extras, etc. If the DCL package won't work for you it won't work. There will only be so much flexibility. You can't fit a square peg into a round hole and you'll make yourself miserable trying. Either work with what they are willing to give you or find a viable alternative. You'll be much happier when you do. :thumbsup2

Best wishes and :wizard: to you!

I agree 100% with above poster! There are 2000+ other people on the ship that will be trying to get into Palo also. Even with "3 other days" not everyone will get in. It's unfair to assume that just because you asked for it, everyone else should be denied access to Palo on your wedding day. If you cancel and take your 60 guests and cabins to another ship, it's not like Disney is going to have a rough time filling the cabins back up again.

I don't know what to do. I torn and really tempted to just change the whole venue. I wish disney would get back to me about the castle.

Why don't you call them back about the Castle? Call everyday until you get your answer!

I really really like our WDW consultant - he's really nice. I don't really want to bug him as impatient as I am. I told myself after a week I would send an email. Today is the one week mark. I am thinking I should be patient and wait a little longer.

EMAIL HIM.....Don't wait. This is YOUR wedding. You have a right to have answers.

Ok I emailed him. I also asked about the rain - so for anyone who is curious hopefully I will have an answer soon.

Thank you!

So the Castle is AVAILABLE!!!!! =o)

But its going to be under construction!!!!!! =o(

"After researching this date, we feel comfortable approving this request for a MK ceremony. However, we have heard discussion from our Projects team that sometime in early 2010, Cinderella's Castle may experience a significant refurbishment that could include: Castle Ramp work, draining of the moat and scrim on the Castle itself. I will keep you updated when we get more accurate dates, but please make sure your clients are aware of this possibility."

UGHHHHHHHH What to do????!!!!!!!

If it rains then we get moved to the wedding pavillion and no I don't know if we still pay the same price or not - still waiting to hear.

Hmmmm.....tough decision. I think i would chance it on the hopes that they would wait until after your wedding to do anything. I mean, I don't think they would do anything to the castle until after they are done with Christmas.

If I were you I think I would forget about the cruise line ceremony and have one at the Parks. I think that with what you are asking for you would be much happier with a ceremony at WDW. The cruise line seems to be very limited in what they can offer and there are a lot of things that they simply can not change even if you offer them a ridiculous amount of $. I don't know what your budget is but it seems like it is pretty high. What about renting out a park or at least part of a park and doing a ceremony and reception there? I would think the other parks would be cheaper to rent out than MK and the cost you would pay would probably include both your ceremony and reception. Would you be okay with doing an in park wedding anywhere else or are you absolutely set on it being at the castle? When you rent out a park (or part of one) it is after park hours and closed to other guests and as far as I know there are no age restrictions so your entire party would also be there to celebrate with you and you wouldn't have to worry about them wanting to be elsewhere.
I don't know that I would chance doing the castle ceremony on Jan 31st. Jan/early Feb are common months for Disney to do major construction projects. When they do construction on the castle they usually do try to hide it from the Guests as much as possible though. I have no idea what website you got the high temp for 2008 from either but I can't remember it being warm that day at all. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for my birthday that year and I remember leaving the Parks because it was miserably cold and drizzly and we decided we'd rather just hang out at the hotel. This year the weather wasn't any better and when you look on some of the internet websites it seems to give you temps that were in the mid 60's and no precipitation. That is definitely wrong. I've learned to expect a cold, rainy birthday because it's been that way for more than half of the 10 years I've lived in Orlando. It doesn't usually rain in the early morning when you'd be having your ceremony so you'd probably be okay in that respect but it is quite cold.
Can you and your fiancee take a trip to Orlando sometime in the near future and look around for a location in one of the Parks or the hotels that you really like? Is there maybe a specific location other than the castle that is really special to you two? Maybe you could scope out a location, meet with a wedding planner, and work from there. Also, I know it would be a pain since you are planning on the cruise but have you looked into Disneyland? Their castle to me is just like Hong Kong Disneyland's (which you said would be your first choice), you said they do an in park ceremony for a lot cheaper than WDW, and it's only a 5 hour flight from Florida. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Oh wow cant wait to hear more about that how exciting you might get married in front of the castle i am very jealous of you lol x x x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter