Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

No, it's literally not payback, since the self-quarantine guidelines are based on data and include many states that are exceeding the set thresholds. But I doubt very much that trying to have a factual discussion with a person has actually turned Mickey Mouse into a thin blue line flag would yield any fruit.
Judging someone based in their profession. Only making you part if the problem.

True-look at NY being so high, now we're among the lowest.
I fully expect the NY numbers to start going up over the summer for the main reason there are a lot of people half-assing the masks. They wear them but they only cover the mouth and not the nose or don't bother at all. I haven't seen a breakdown for the numbers in various sections of the stated and NYC only just started phase 2. NY has been slowly opening for only about 4-6 weeks now. The next few weeks will tell the story on how well people are complying with distancing and how much of a bounce back there will be.

I fully expect the NY numbers to start going up over the summer for the main reason there are a lot of people half-assing the masks. They wear them but they only cover the mouth and not the nose or don't bother at all. I haven't seen a breakdown for the numbers in various sections of the stated and NYC only just started phase 2. NY has been slowly opening for only about 4-6 weeks now. The next few weeks will tell the story on how well people are complying with distancing and how much of a bounce back there will be.

Totally agree. Can't believe the number of people who walk around not wearing a mask in New Jersey.

NY dashboards - including regional breakdowns

https://forward.ny.gov/percentage-positive-results-region-dashboard

https://forward.ny.gov/early-warning-monitoring-dashboard

https://forward.ny.gov/daily-hospitalization-summary-region

Totally agree. Can't believe the number of people who walk around not wearing a mask in New Jersey.
Really? We live in extreme western NJ (as in can see the Philly skyline) and I was out and about yesterday and today and haven't seen one person w/o a mask.... and I'm watching for it bc I'm expecting everyone to start getting lax.

Not sure where you get your facts but here in New Jersey it is mandatory to wear a mask when entering any business establishment. It is enforced. The amount of people wearing masks here outnumber the people not wearing them. Look at our numbers from March to now. Without masks, we were peaking at 4000+ new infections a day. Today we had 406. I’m not a fan of masks but they worked to get our numbers down here and I choose to wear one in public.

Masks mandatory everywhere in CT unless you’re under 2 or have a medical reason. I have not yet seen an adult without a mask on.
I saw one guy at Home Depot last week (in CT). I assumed he has a medical condition that keeps him from wearing one (or at least I chose to believe that, I'm not going to waste my energy getting too cranky over non-compliance - I just chose to keep a nice big distance from him).

I saw one guy at Home Depot last week (in CT). I assumed he has a medical condition that keeps him from wearing one (or at least I chose to believe that, I'm not going to waste my energy getting too cranky over non-compliance - I just chose to keep a nice big distance from him).
Good idea! The best idea is to steer clear. @KristinU any changes to your plans given the CT quarantine upon returning?

Really? We live in extreme western NJ (as in can see the Philly skyline) and I was out and about yesterday and today and haven't seen one person w/o a mask.... and I'm watching for it bc I'm expecting everyone to start getting lax.

Whenever I go out in NJ to a park, the beach or other outdoor venue, many people don't wear masks. Particularly on the boardwalk, and when the boardwalk is crowded. Also, there are some people who don't remember to social distance when waiting in line to go into a store. I've had to nicely ask people on multiple occasions if they don't mind giving six feet of space. I'm sure lots of others in NJ have not seen that, but that is what I personally have experienced.

Whenever I go out in NJ to a park, the beach or other outdoor venue, many people don't wear masks. Particularly on the boardwalk, and when the boardwalk is crowded. Also, there are some people who don't remember to social distance when waiting in line to go into a store. I've had to nicely ask people on multiple occasions if they don't mind giving six feet of space. I'm sure lots of others in NJ have not seen that, but that is what I personally have experienced.

I have seen it on the Jersey boardwalk and beaches. However, everyone seems to put their masks on when going into one of the boardwalk stores or walking up to order food. Beaches are a different story. Very few people wear them on the beach. With all that said, our numbers in Jersey are still low.

Ok I've not yet been to any "venue", outdoor or indoor. Basically still staying at home. Only have been to stores considered essential (home improvement, grocery). So I guess that's why I haven't seen what you have. The stores here are all floor-marked and everyone I've seen stands right on or close to the mark.

We're still in a "wait and see" holding pattern. If the numbers are still increased/increasing and the quarantine is in place, we'll probably scrap it and stay local/regional. How about you, @npatellye ?
We are also still in wait and see mode. We’ve allowed for quarantine time back in CT when we return and before school starts but I’m going to be watching FL’s numbers closely. I am hoping that they peak soon, in the next week or two.

I am in central Jersey and mask usage has been inconsistent. People wearing them below the nose, strolling around without one because they are 'outside' regardless of distance, pulling them down to talk to you, etc. Generally, in stores, people are wearing them. But in most social situations and especially outdoors, regardless of distance between people, they are not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter