• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

Now I want to know the trip reports of people who are from these areas if they go ahead down there how is Disney going to enforce this? How will Disney know you quarantined for 14 days prior to your resort stay.
I'm supposed to go on the 13th. We'll see if they let me in. I am not flying in that day.

I think the bigger issue for a lot of people from up here is that we now have to quarantine for 14 days AFTER returning from Florida, or other state on the mandatory quarantine list. Can you take two additional weeks off of work after returning?

Hubby's company, based in NY, has already sent out a letter to the employees informing them that if they travel or vacation in one of those 19 states, Florida included, that they will have to mandatory quarantine without pay upon returning. Everyone who has a vacation scheduled needs to talk to HR.

I think the bigger issue for a lot of people from up here is that we now have to quarantine for 14 days AFTER returning from Florida, or other state on the mandatory quarantine list. Can you take two additional weeks off of work after returning?

Hubby's company, based in NY, has already sent out a letter to the employees informing them that if they travel or vacation in one of those 19 states, Florida included, that they will have to mandatory quarantine without pay upon returning. Everyone who has a vacation scheduled needs to talk to HR.

For our situation we were not worried about the return quarantine as hubby can work from home for 2 weeks. It was going there that gives us issue. Now we are not sure if we should cancel or hold out in hopes that maybe something changes before our August trip. It is all becoming a big joke.

Some info on the constitutionality of officials preventing inter-state travel

"Polly Price, a professor of law and public health at Emory University in Atlanta, said the problem with such pronouncements is that they bump up against U.S. citizens' constitutional right to travel from one state to another.
"No state can prevent you from coming in," Price said. "What these states are doing is imposing conditions on that travel. When it goes from 'we're going to request that you self-quarantine for a period of time' to 'we're going to arrest you or fine you if you don't,' that's when constitutional issues become tricky. The problem is, within the U.S., states can't do that, because we have a fundamental right to travel from state to state," Price said."

NJ Governor Murphy's words on the matter of interstate travel restrictions:
"The governor is relying on travelers to “do the right thing” when they come to New Jersey from a state with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents or a state with 10% or higher positivity rate over a seven-day rolling average.
That means there will be no stopping travelers in airports or on highways.
You can't constitutionally do those kind of things in the United States and that’s overwhelmingly for good reasons,” Murphy said during Thursday’s daily COVID-19 news conference. “... this has been tried by a couple of states and you literally can’t do that."

What applies to NJ (Murphy) applies to FL (DeSantis). Murphy is just being more "full-disclosure" about it and DeSantis is playing a game of bluff.

Now, if WDW wants to enforce DeSantis' travel restrictions, there is nothing travelers can do as WDW is private property and the owner of private property can restrict entry to said property. That is totally at their discretion. I know I will not be the only one anxiously awaiting reports back from others in the coming weeks.

I'm trying to find a news source to validate this (social media and Blog Mickey aren't doing it for me). Anyone have a link to corroborate?
I read the executive order online. The one for today is EO 20-166. It extends EO 20-52 & 20-114, and EO 20-139, which has the EO 20-82 listed that states about the tri-state area needing to quarantine. It said modified, so I tried looking for any modifications and I can't find it. I don't know what Louisiana's was, but he stopped that one. Not sure why he hasn't changed the wording to be like New Jersey's so it is fluid on which states are on the list. Here's the website I saw the new EO on: https://www.flgov.com/2020-executive-orders/

I read the executive order online. The one for today is EO 20-166. It extends EO 20-52 & 20-114, and EO 20-139, which has the EO 20-82 listed that states about the tri-state area needing to quarantine. It said modified, so I tried looking for any modifications and I can't find it. I don't know what Louisiana's was, but he stopped that one. Not sure why he hasn't changed the wording to be like New Jersey's so it is fluid on which states are on the list. Here's the website I saw the new EO on: https://www.flgov.com/2020-executive-orders/
There are so many orders within orders he probably don’t even know which is which. Or it’s payback. Lol. The modification might have been when he removed Louisiana.

We had to drive to Florida to get DS’s things from his dorm. You aren’t turned away. They just make you sign a paper with your cell phone number and where you are staying. We were there for 10 days (stayed at DD’s house) and no one ever even called! Funny thing was we were in Florida we were the only ones wearing a mask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter