Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

Woomp, there it is. All three.

"Travel Advisory: Effective 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, June 24, 2020, anyone traveling into Connecticut, New York, or New Jersey from a state that has a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents or a state with a 10% or higher positivity rate over a 14-day rolling average are directed to self-quarantine for a 14-day period from the time of last contact within the identified state."

https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Covid-19-Knowledge-Base/Latest-Guidance

I live in Buffalo, NY. Hundreds of miles away from NYC and the CT/NJ borders. No up-ticks or recent concerns in the virus trend here. Yet we still have to adhere to both the Florida and now New York quarantine mandates. Frustrating that they have to lump us in with tri-state. So far, we're still planning on our October trip. The currently announced WDW changes and limitations are not concerning to us, so the only thing stopping us would be these mandates if they're still in place in October.

I live in Buffalo, NY. Hundreds of miles away from NYC and the CT/NJ borders. No up-ticks or recent concerns in the virus trend here. Yet we still have to adhere to both the Florida and now New York quarantine mandates. Frustrating that they have to lump us in with tri-state. So far, we're still planning on our October trip. The currently announced WDW changes and limitations are not concerning to us, so the only thing stopping us would be these mandates if they're still in place in October.
I live in Buffalo too! I feel your pain! 😅

Ok so now I need 2 weeks before my trip and 2 weeks at home when I get back. Wonder if I can use sick time for the return trip??!?!?

I was just thinking that too - it's an impact of more than a month for a stink'in one week vacation :crazy2:

And I'm no fan of any of the tri-state governors (or their governments) but that was very smart of them to base it on actual current data instead of naming just the current hot spot states. Why didn't FL do the same instead of naming states that are no longer relevant?

Ok so now I need 2 weeks before my trip and 2 weeks at home when I get back. Wonder if I can use sick time for the return trip??!?!?
You could avoid the two full weeks home if you get tested within 72 hours of returning. Then you only need to stay home until the negative results come in. This is only for CT, I believe.

Last edited:
Well if I can use sick time for the quarantine, I could live with that!!

And I'm no fan of any of the tri-state governors (or their governments) but that was very smart of them to base it on actual current data instead of naming just the current hot spot states. Why didn't FL do the same instead of naming states that are no longer relevant?
I was going to post the same thought! Thx. You saved me from having to type! ☺️

Our trip is the 3rd wk in September. Hopefully Floridians get their act together and put on their masks and see the declines we (tri state) have seen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200624-143825.png
    Screenshot_20200624-143825.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 6
FWIW, Found this: "Regarding the ability to enforce the quarantines for those coming into NJ, Murphy said, “Constitutionally we are not able to put up border checks around New Jersey.” He said that travel from one state to the next is allowed but that, “We’re asking folks to take on a big amount of personality responsibility to do the right thing…”

This is merely political pay back for what Florida did to those states. I'm down here now and flying back to CT this week. Despite the uptick in FL, things are still open yet masks are required. It all comes down to being reasonable and looking out for your own personal safety.
I feel like the mask-wearing mandates in FL will really help lower their numbers over then next few weeks.

If these mandates are actually followed. DD lives in Orlando and has said she sees very little evidence of compliance. "Mom, every place I go, I'm the only one wearing a mask!"

We go mid August. Don't know what to do at t his point (live in Orange County, NY). My husband wants to give it some time, I'd feel better with a back up plan at least-maybe end of Sept. You go through 1 hoop, then there is another obstacle.

This is merely political pay back for what Florida did to those states. I'm down here now and flying back to CT this week. Despite the uptick in FL, things are still open yet masks are required. It all comes down to being reasonable and looking out for your own personal safety.

No, it's literally not payback, since the self-quarantine guidelines are based on data and include many states that are exceeding the set thresholds. But I doubt very much that trying to have a factual discussion with a person has actually turned Mickey Mouse into a thin blue line flag would yield any fruit.

As I said above, I'm no fan of the tri-state governors but, with the rules based on current objective data rather than naming states, how is this political payback? The states included will change as the data changes and could, at some point include states the gov's are "friendly" with. My point is, not everything is political.

I know it's just a guess, what's your thoughts on how long this quarantine will be for? I know numbers have to come down etc, but if you had to make a guess, what would you say?

I know it's just a guess, what's your thoughts on how long this quarantine will be for? I know numbers have to come down etc, but if you had to make a guess, what would you say?
Probably until numbers begin to decrease elsewhere. It’s based on a rolling 14 day average. Remember how things changed quickly here in 6-8 weeks? The same can happen everywhere if people follow guidelines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter