BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

We toured a sample of the new studios at Copper Creek on Saturday. We also toured a sample of a studio at the Poly. I thought the Poly did the best job of fitting with the theme of that resort. The CC studio was very nice, but did not fit the rustic theme of the resort as well in my opinion.

We toured a sample of the new studios at Copper Creek on Saturday. We also toured a sample of a studio at the Poly. I thought the Poly did the best job of fitting with the theme of that resort. The CC studio was very nice, but did not fit the rustic theme of the resort as well in my opinion.

Excuse the dumb question, but are the sample studios onsite at Copper Creek and Polynesian or somewhere else? I'm considering doing a DVC tour but don't want to sign up for anything if its going to be too time consuming.

Excuse the dumb question, but are the sample studios onsite at Copper Creek and Polynesian or somewhere else? I'm considering doing a DVC tour but don't want to sign up for anything if its going to be too time consuming.

The samples (which also included a sample 1 bedroom for Aulani) were at Saratoga Springs. They have a DVC van pick you up wherever you want (your resort or the park you will be in that day) and then another van takes you to whatever resort or park you want to go to after the tour. The Poly also has sample rooms on site.

Last edited:
The samples (which also included a sample 1 bedroom for Aulani) were at Saratoga Springs. They have a DVC van pick you up wherever you want (your resort or the park you will be in that day) and then another van takes you to whatever resort or park you want to go to after the tour. The Poly also has sample rooms on site.

Thank you for the information. I'm 99% sure I'm buying resale but I wouldn't mind seeing sample rooms to get an idea of how some look.

Thank you for the information. I'm 99% sure I'm buying resale but I wouldn't mind seeing sample rooms to get an idea of how some look.

Also, we were told in the park when we signed up at a DVC booth for the tours, that we could tour the new CC studios. Then when we were picked up for our tour the next day, we were taken to the Poly, which only has samples of their rooms there. The cast member told us they are only giving tours of the CC studios to existing DVC members right now. Since we were told incorrect information and were very disappointed, they did take us over to Saratoga Springs to tour the CC studio. Just wanted to add that in case you are going soon.

Also, we were told in the park when we signed up at a DVC booth for the tours, that we could tour the new CC studios. Then when we were picked up for our tour the next day, we were taken to the Poly, which only has samples of their rooms there. The cast member told us they are only giving tours of the CC studios to existing DVC members right now. Since we were told incorrect information and were very disappointed, they did take us over to Saratoga Springs to tour the CC studio. Just wanted to add that in case you are going soon.

Good to know, this will be late May/early June so hopefully they'll have it all worked out by then!

See, I currently love the WL rooms, although they are starting to look banged up. I especially love the headboards...But I also like the little touches of a nod to the arts and crafts mission style.

And my feeling is if you are advertising the WL as this:

Escape to the rustic majesty of America’s Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness.

Then you probably should deliver that, and this room decor doesn't appear to right now...Maybe more photos and actual tours of the room will change my mind.

Not sure that Pacific Northwest and park lodge style is the same as mission style or arts and crafts design. I'm not a designer by any means. I think the two styles can be confused, or even expected at WL, but I don't think it's the same as true mission style, as in Grand Californian. Just my thought, someone can certainly correct me if they have studied design. :) :rotfl:

Not sure that Pacific Northwest and park lodge style is the same as mission style or arts and crafts design. I'm not a designer by any means. I think the two styles can be confused, or even expected at WL, but I don't think it's the same as true mission style, as in Grand Californian. Just my thought, someone can certainly correct me if they have studied design. :) :rotfl:

I would agree. The have similarities of substance and colors but they are different.

Do all WL villas have the pull down murphy bed? Is there somewhere near the villas to get a refillable mug and coffee? With the construction, is it true that the path to Fort Wilderness no longer exists? We are shopping around for next February. We stayed BWV and BCV and are interested in something new (me DH and DD 5). Thanks!

Do all WL villas have the pull down murphy bed? Is there somewhere near the villas to get a refillable mug and coffee? With the construction, is it true that the path to Fort Wilderness no longer exists? We are shopping around for next February. We stayed BWV and BCV and are interested in something new (me DH and DD 5). Thanks!
When they refurbished the VWL rooms about three years ago (Disney now calls them Boulder Ridge Villas), murphy beds were added to the studios enabling them to sleep five. The new Copper Creek rooms coming online soon, however, were not configured to sleep five, only four. Thus, they will not have the murphy bed. The paved path to Ft Wilderness still exists and is still open--it never closed. The nature trail that started beside the boat & bike rental building did close and remains so. It will reopen once the cabins open up for reservations, though the trail will then begin next to the last cabin, so a good hundred yards or so from where it once started. That nature trail hooks up to the paved path which might be why you heard the path was closed. It's not--just the nature trail. By next February, it should be a moot point.

They now have a mug refill station at Geyser point so there's a closer place to the villas to refill than there was before. Roaring Fork also has one and that will be reopened by next Feb too.

Hi, I have a few questions, if you don't mind! We were thinking of staying there about the 3rd week of August this year, 1 or 2 bedroom villa. Would we be then in the new villas they are constructing, not the ones we stayed at a few years ago? The main pool is up and running, along with the new quick serve/restaurant at the water's edge. Is there a chance, if construction is not completed, we would be put in a villa over looking a construction sight? The view has me concerned, we like to sit out on our balcony. Any suggestions, much appreciated!! thank you!

Hi, I have a few questions, if you don't mind! We were thinking of staying there about the 3rd week of August this year, 1 or 2 bedroom villa. Would we be then in the new villas they are constructing, not the ones we stayed at a few years ago? The main pool is up and running, along with the new quick serve/restaurant at the water's edge. Is there a chance, if construction is not completed, we would be put in a villa over looking a construction sight? The view has me concerned, we like to sit out on our balcony. Any suggestions, much appreciated!! thank you!
By the third week of August, some of the new construction suites (Copper Creek) will be available, though they may have been rented out already. Otherwise, the ones you stayed in a few years ago would be Villas at the Wilderness Lodge--or VWL--now inexpertly and irritatingly renamed Boulder Ridge Villas. You'll have to request one or the other since they're two separate resorts. Since all the new Copper Creek rooms won't be open for inventory right away, my guess is you'll have a slightly easier time booking the old VWL rooms. And, yes, those rooms if on the lake side will overlook what's left of construction; however, that shouldn't be a great deal since the new Geyser Point restaurant has opened, and the new pool is poised to open "in the summer" which I read to mean by the time the new cabins and villas open, supposedly 17 July. If you're worried about construction (and truly, it was not an issue when construction was in full swing the past nearly two years), then you can request a bus stop side room in the old VWL building. It doesn't actually overlook the bus stop, rather is just on that side of the building. It's quite serene, actually.

In short, I don't think construction issues will be a bother at all regardless of which resort (Copper Creek or, sigh, Boulder Ridge) that you choose. If it is still a concern going forward, ask for bus side in the old Villas building or main pool courtyard side in the new Copper Creek.

You'll have to choose which you want to stay in. The Villas that you would have been in a few years ago are still there (now called Boulder Ridge) and in addition by August there will be the new villas located in the main building - those are called Copper Creek. So you'll just have to decide if you want to stay in the same villas as before or the newly opened ones.

When can you start booking and how much? do you have to be a member to stay here?

Disney will have a lot of cash rooms available for non-members otherwise dates for booking on points are:

March 21, 2017: Existing Disney Vacation Club owners who add-on points at Copper Creek can begin booking up to 11 months in advance.

April 19, 2017: New DVC members (no prior ownership) who purchase at Copper Creek can begin booking up to 11 months in advance. Sales to this group will open on April 5.

April 26. 2017: Reservations open to all DVC owners, subject to the normal 7 month window. On April 26, non-owners will have access to all available nights from the July 17 opening through November 26 (7 months from April 26.)

Disney will have a lot of cash rooms available for non-members otherwise dates for booking on points are:

March 21, 2017: Existing Disney Vacation Club owners who add-on points at Copper Creek can begin booking up to 11 months in advance.

April 19, 2017: New DVC members (no prior ownership) who purchase at Copper Creek can begin booking up to 11 months in advance. Sales to this group will open on April 5.

April 26. 2017: Reservations open to all DVC owners, subject to the normal 7 month window. On April 26, non-owners will have access to all available nights from the July 17 opening through November 26 (7 months from April 26.)

When will cash rooms from Disney become available to book ? March 21 ?

SW

I am interested in booking at Copper Creek. I am confused, where are the villas that are not cabins located?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter