BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, May 16, 2015.

1. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

In the South Wing of the Main Lodge.

2. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

They have taken over all the south wing of the main lodge - aka Disney's Wilderness Lodge. WL just got halved and the other half are now the studios, 1BR's, 2BR's and GV's for CCV.

dansdad likes this.
  3. Lupeix

Lupeix Mouseketeer

Thanks! That's a great location

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  5. Lupeix

Lupeix Mouseketeer

Is the Copper Creek Springs Pool the old WL pool renamed? Or is there a new pool for the CCV in addition to the Boulder Ridge Cove Pool?

6. KAT4DISNEY

Yes, Copper Creek Springs pool is the old WL pool. They tore out the old Hidden Springs pool that was by the old VWL and put in a new, larger one that is called Boulder Ridge Cove pool.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    momtwoboys, oceanmarina and Lisann like this.
  7. sleepydog25

sleepydog25 Been here awhile

The entire south wing of the main Lodge will now contain the new Copper Creek rooms. That's the section of the Lodge that sits on the side where the Mercantile and guest check in are located. Those and the cabins compose the entirety of Copper Creek Villas & Cabins. The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge (VWL) are located in the building to the right of the main Lodge. DVC now calls them Boulder Ridge Villas--I do not and will not. ;)

oceanmarina likes this.
  8. danikoski

danikoski Mouseketeer

There are photos floating around of walk throughs of the 2 bed lock off model for CCV...Saw it on Facebook this morning...

9. danikoski

danikoski Mouseketeer

oceanmarina likes this.
  10. noblemaidenfair

noblemaidenfair see you real soon

11. danikoski

danikoski Mouseketeer

I'm still not keen on it, but these photos look better than the ones Disney released.
    I really miss the little Disney touches. I wish the pillows or some of the wall art had a little Disney to them.

Lisann and goopysolelady like this.
  12. KAT4DISNEY

And if we say Hidden Springs pool we'll also know what we're talking about! :teeth: Still can't imagine bubblers in the "quarry" but I keep crossing my fingers.

sleepydog25 likes this.
  13. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

14. twinklebug

twinklebug 1200+ miles away from home.

bbmassey likes this.
  15. oceanmarina

oceanmarina DIS Veteran

Great to know the new name, Hidden Springs was our favorite pool, my DD learned to swim in that pool :cloud9:. Will al WL guests be able to use it or only if you are staying in Copper Creek I wonder?

Thanks for posting, wow the rooms look amazing!:D

danikoski likes this.
  16. sleepydog25

The new pool will be open to all guests. I will miss the old Hidden Springs pool with its bubbles, quiet, and quaintness.

Wood Nymph and oceanmarina like this.
  17. oceanmarina

oceanmarina DIS Veteran

Yep, I agree. I will too. My kids never got tired of swimming over the bubble springs.

Wood Nymph likes this.
  18. oceanmarina

oceanmarina DIS Veteran

I still haven't booked our August trip, my travel dates are 8/23-8/28, I would love to book WL but I'm wondering how much construction would be going on by then.

If only I knew that the new Boulder Ridge (formerly Hidden Spring Quiet pool) would be completed by then, that would make all the difference!

19. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

It is reported that the new pool will open in July

oceanmarina likes this.
  20. Starwind

Starwind DIS Veteran

FYI, as of 8 am this morning (March 21) CCV is now bookable for cash from Disney. And we are booked for our December stay ! :-) Switched from WL Courtyard View to CCV Deluxe Studio with walkin shower (yes, that is a bookable category).

For our dates, the Deluxe Studios were $463 and $489 depending on the night; compared to $431 for WL Courtyard. 1 Bedroom villa $664. 2 bedroom $1206. 3 bedroom Grand Villla $2196. Cabin $2086.67.

Here are the description details

Deluxe Studio
    Views of Pool, Bay Lake, Woodlands, Courtyard, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge or Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
    1 Queen Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa
    Sleeps up to 4 Adults

Deluxe Studio with Walk In Shower
    Views of Pool, Bay Lake, Woodlands, Courtyard, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge or Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
    Sleeps up to 4 Adults

1 Bedroom Villa
    Sleeps up to 4 Adults

2 Bedroom Villa
    1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa
    Sleeps up to 8 Adults

3 Bedroom Grand Villa
    Views of Pool, Bay Lake or Courtyard
    1 King Bed and 4 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa
    Sleeps up to 12 Adults

Cabin
    Views of Bay Lake
    1 King Bed and 1 Queen Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Bunk-Size Pull-Down Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair
    Sleeps up to 8 Adults

21. sleepydog25

And that date makes sense given that the new resort will be open for business by 17 July. I feel fairly certain the new pool will be open by your August dates, oceanmarina.

oceanmarina and Hopefully like this.