Borrowing Points?

eileenfk

Mouseketeer
Hi,

What is the cost of borrowing points? Is there a fee associated with this?

Can one make reservations before the points, that are to be used, become available, as long as the points are available by the date of the reservation?
OR
Must one wait until the points are actually available to make the reservation?

I am considering buying a re-sale package, and using it this December.

- Eileen

The quick answer is that there is no charge to borrow points. My understanding is that the points can be used immediately to make a reservation as long as the reservation falls within the use year that the points are being borrowed into. I'm sure someone else can give you a more explicit answer.

You can make reservations before you have the points, most of us do that, but the points must be there at the time the reservation is used. You also can borrow up to one years points without any fee.

One thing to keep in mind about borrowing. Once you borrow points to make a reservation, they are permanently moved into that Use Year. If you cancel the reservation, you can reuse the points but it has to be for a trip prior to the end of your Use Year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter