Booted from AKL Club Level for 50th Celebration Week…*update page 15*

I have an update on this. I was called by somebody from Animal Kingdom Lodge- the hotel side- to “chat” about the upcoming move (does my reservation say “whiner” notated on it on their end? I dread this thought). We talked for a bit about who would be back at the CL lounge and who was retired, etc. He told me that they had an ongoing project that they thought would be completed quickly in mid-August, but as with all projects, sometimes you get a curveball of sorts and it looks like the project will now take 6-8 weeks to complete, along with requiring them to block off certain villas at different times along the scheduled timeline of work. This explains the moves from both Value and Club at different times but through August and September. He acknowledged that the optics of the Club Level reservations being affected right around the 1st of October were poor.

I do truly believe at this point that nothing nefarious is going on. The timing is poor as he said, and I’m unhappy with the way that the messaging was handled (take it or leave it) but at least I’m left with the feeling that they are trying to juggle owners and maintenance in the least intrusive way.

Also, they will apparently be putting microwaves in the hotel rooms for displaced DVC members in an attempt to try to replicate the amenities of a studio.

Just some info for ppl who got moved, as I have completed my moved stay at the hotel side:
  • Yes, a microwave were put in the room
  • did not have access to dvc laundry room by default, took a quick trip to front desk and got a keycard just for the laundry room
  • Overall really liked the refurbished hotel room, looking forward to upcoming dvc hard refurb (2023 I think)

Just some info for ppl who got moved, as I have completed my moved stay at the hotel side:
  • Yes, a microwave were put in the room
  • did not have access to dvc laundry room by default, took a quick trip to front desk and got a keycard just for the laundry room
  • Overall really liked the refurbished hotel room, looking forward to upcoming dvc hard refurb (2023 I think)
Thanks for the update!

Got 5he call today. They are moving DD from value studio to savannah view hotel side. I know it is technically an upgrade but it is DD and her partner and they enjoy the sofa / Mini Apartment feel. The 2 beds layout not great when you to just sit. I stayed in a refurbed hotel room in 2019 and it had a Keurig but I believe we were staying CL.
I guess I will stalk the DVC site to see if something pops up somewhere else.

We got a call today that our 1 bedroom CL Villa would not be available and we are being moved to a 1 bedroom suite on the hotel side. Our reservation is 1011-10/15. The CM said we would still have club level access. I can't find the location of the 1 bedroom suites but guessing it will be a hike to the club.

We got a call today that our 1 bedroom CL Villa would not be available and we are being moved to a 1 bedroom suite on the hotel side. Our reservation is 1011-10/15. The CM said we would still have club level access. I can't find the location of the 1 bedroom suites but guessing it will be a hike to the club.
While you will have not have the convenience of being near the club amenities, you will most likely have a much better view. We were displaced once, and were actually very happy with the arrangement. The CL room views are not good - either pool view or a very distant savannah view. When we were moved, we had a beautiful savannah view. We really didn't mind taking a quick elevator ride to the lounge.

Still trying to figure out what's going on. We're in a value studio right now. I definitely heard construction sounds this morning but couldn't see anything. So, not everyone is getting moved. DD and I would have been happy moving, we didn't use the microwave etc at all for just the two of us. Wish we could have volunteered to help someone else out.

1 bedroom suite on the hotel side.

Wait they have those?

I have to say I am fairly discontent with all the movement we have witnessed between CCV and AKV. Yes things are "working out" for some but this really should not be happening.

Maybe I just have too high of expectations of DVC.

Does anyone know why people are being moved? Are they renovating? Or is there some repair?

Wait they have those?

I have to say I am fairly discontent with all the movement we have witnessed between CCV and AKV. Yes things are "working out" for some but this really should not be happening.

Maybe I just have too high of expectations of DVC.

They are doing maintenance on the hotel and so those who are in DVC rooms near the current work are being moved. I realize that the CCV mix up was different, but in this case, it is normal. It appears not all CL and Value rooms are impacted at the same time, so as reported, not everyone had to be changed to a hotel room.

DVC has no control, or even say, in when Disney decides/schedules what has to happen. We all know that there could be a chance things get taken out of service.

Just curious, does the hotel side suite have a washer and dryer in the room?

The 1 bedroom hotel side does not have a washer/dryer or a full kitchen. On a related note, yesterday we got another call from DVC. The CM said she was a manager and we were given incorrect information in the previous call. We are being moved to a DVC 1 bedroom Savannah near the club view with access to the club. This is fine with us. After the first call I looked up the 2 queen, one bedroom hotel rooms There are only 2 of them. I couldn't imagine why they would move us there. Now I know. It was a mistake, These rooms are at the very end of the first wing on the Kudo Trail, 2nd and 3rd floor. They should have an amazing view of the Sunset Savannah

The 1 bedroom hotel side does not have a washer/dryer or a full kitchen. On a related note, yesterday we got another call from DVC. The CM said she was a manager and we were given incorrect information in the previous call. We are being moved to a DVC 1 bedroom Savannah near the club view with access to the club. This is fine with us. After the first call I looked up the 2 queen, one bedroom hotel rooms There are only 2 of them. I couldn't imagine why they would move us there. Now I know. It was a mistake, These rooms are at the very end of the first wing on the Kudo Trail, 2nd and 3rd floor. They should have an amazing view of the Sunset Savannah
I would not be happy with going to a room without laundry or a kitchen. One of the reasons we book DVC is access to the in room laundry and kitchen. Glad they found a DVC room for you. Sounds like you will have a better view.

I got a call yesterday from DVC telling me my one week long CL 1 bedroom villa stay starting Saturday has been moved to the hotel side due to construction. Three day notice when we booked 11 months ago. Just lost full kitchen and in room washer/dryer which is a big deal. We cook breakfast in the villas before heading out, and always use the laundry. Was going to have Thanksgiving dinner in the villa. Still have CL access, of course. 'Upgraded' to a two bedroom which we don't care about. But, hey, they'll bring us a microwave if we want it!

Interesting they only tell us there is construction or maintenance issue three days before arrival. Seems to be an ongoing issue for a couple months now. I think this is baloney. I asked to speak to a manager and one 'might' call me back before we arrive.

Decidedly un-magical experience.

Ouch. So sorry this is still happening :(
I’d be asking where they can get me an ADR for Thanksgiving dinner since this late in the game nothing is likely to be open.
Absolutely no excuse for only 3 days warning, it’s almost like they waited until the last minute to drop this bomb on you so that you couldn’t make alternate plans.

The issue with club level rooms being closed is due to the grease vents (for the restaurants) (that run thru the entire hotel?) being cleaned out. When I was moved in late October (NO call, NO warning) - I made a stink and spoke to management in Club level who said it wasn't their fault and that DVC should have called me (I was upset, because I had 2 nights, no park days planned - just R & R, and would have cancelled the trip if I had known I was being moved). (She actually looked up my account and said " you're right, I guess no One did call you" - so the assumption was that I had been lying????) No One cared, and they aren't going to give you a single thing for being moved and inconvenienced.

They said the repairs were taking longer than planned, but should be done in early November. I guess they were wrong (again). I am dismayed to find out that as of late November, half the rooms were still unavailable. AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter