Booted from AKL Club Level for 50th Celebration Week…*update page 15*

OK, I can buy that if you are sure this is fact. Now given that the extensions were allowed using Disney's points and the owners points were allowed to expire there can not be a glut of points in the system therefore the borrowing restriction is unnecessary. Maybe I'm missing something 🤔
People had the temporary contracts added to their accounts from resorts they did not own that held the points that were given to them by Disney. People were also told by CMS that the points would be from XYZ resort (more reports were they saw RIV). Those temporary contracts were not added until after the owners points expired and they had to call to use them.

This is what happened with me - we had points that were to be used during the shutdown and would have expired but they granted us an extension...we own at CCV but the "refreshed" points were given to us for a different resort @ the Grand Californian, so when I go to book I see this:

This is what happened with me - we had points that were to be used during the shutdown and would have expired but they granted us an extension...we own at CCV but the "refreshed" points were given to us for a different resort @ the Grand Californian, so when I go to book I see this:

View attachment 591127
Hi.
I thought my account was wonky for almost a year. We only own at SSR and this is what I get. I once had Poly points transferred into my account and now I show this but does it mean I have the transferred points sitting somewhere to use? I never wanted to call and get it fixed since I was woerried they would just mess up my account. But now maybe I should? Thanks.B80E5F5E-2D42-4EF4-9D1A-509840E3C3C6.jpeg

Hi.
I thought my account was wonky for almost a year. We only own at SSR and this is what I get. I once had Poly points transferred into my account and now I show this but does it mean I have the transferred points sitting somewhere to use? I never wanted to call and get it fixed since I was woerried they would just mess up my account. But now maybe I should? Thanks.View attachment 591227

My transferred points contract disappeared as soon as the UY they were from entered the new one. It was a June UY, and is no longer there.

It remained after I had used all the points since it was also on the dashboard and showed 0 there.

My transferred points contract disappeared as soon as the UY they were from entered the new one. It was a June UY, and is no longer there.

It remained after I had used all the points since it was also on the dashboard and showed 0 there.

Thank you. I doesnt show on my Dashboard so I dont know how many points, if anything, are there. Perhaps I should just call and see if there are any transferred points just sitting there.

Thanks so much!

Hi.
I thought my account was wonky for almost a year. We only own at SSR and this is what I get. I once had Poly points transferred into my account and now I show this but does it mean I have the transferred points sitting somewhere to use? I never wanted to call and get it fixed since I was woerried they would just mess up my account. But now maybe I should? Thanks.
Yeah, there are no more points left there to "spend" as I've already used them but I'm assuming since they're from a year that is listed on my dashboard that they'll stay until then.....

I'd love to have more points though!

So checking in, have we heard of anyone getting calls to be moved recently? I haven't seen many new posts about it since the rush a week or so back. We still have a couple nights booked in a value studio in August. I want to start up on an owners locker but am hesitant incase we are moved. I did call about something else so I asked while on the call but they don't know which reservations are impacted.

So checking in, have we heard of anyone getting calls to be moved recently? I haven't seen many new posts about it since the rush a week or so back. We still have a couple nights booked in a value studio in August. I want to start up on an owners locker but am hesitant incase we are moved. I did call about something else so I asked while on the call but they don't know which reservations are impacted.

It seems like it may not be all rooms at once. In terms of Owners lockers, it’s easy to switch where they bring it once set up. You go online and edit. I did this for my June trip when I went from Poly to BLT just one week out!

It seems like it may not be all rooms at once. In terms of Owners lockers, it’s easy to switch where they bring it once set up. You go online and edit. I did this for my June trip when I went from Poly to BLT just one week out!
Thank you! I'll get us all signed up then. Appreciate the feedback

Yes, I know the title is very clickbaity, and I apologize! I’m just a little upset at the moment.

Just me and the kidlet are booked for a 50th Celebration trip (for October 1st) and are booked at the DVC side of AKL CL for a week. We just got a call from Member Services saying that due to “maintenance issues” they are moving everyone on that floor (the same floor as the lounge) to the hotel side. Our options are to accept or cancel. I pushed back a little, politely, asking why the maintenance just happened to be every club level room on the same floor as the lounge exactly during the 50th celebration, and why we were being downgraded to a room far from the lounge and without the kitchenette, which I really like to have as a minimum when staying there. She said that other owners had shared the same concerns (duh) and that if I wasn’t cancelling, then my MDE should show the update at some point. I have some difficulty believing that they are moving all of the rooms during that time.

My question is- do you think we have the option to refuse to move? My sense is no, but this is a big downgrade for us as far as I can tell and we are not thrilled with losing the benefits of the kitchenette and the proximity to the lounge. The timing is really suspect to me on this one, with our reservation spanning the 50th and all of the rooms apparently being moved out (or so we were told- this might not be the case). It’s disappointing, to say the least, but if this is in fact a fair trade, I’d love to hear it :).

All the talk and argument aside on this page. My first thought would be to ask for at least club access. If no one is in your room and they have moved others out as well there is no reason they couldn't make your magic band access the lounge. If I was in a studio already I would be ok with that personally. No microwave stinks but they may be able to get that for you as well. If I was in a one or two bedroom a hotel room is not acceptable.

We had a cash/hotel room trip booked for April 2020 for club level and obviously cancelled due to COVID. They called and offered us a one bedroom standard view. That was very nice but still not enough to make up for a club level savannah room. If I am at AKL, I am giving up a ton of convenience, Imma need that savannah view. No matter what we still turned it down because I was going to be our kids first trip and without character meets I decided to wait. We were not yet DVC at this point either.

Just an update, my affected reservation (value studio) is now showing in MDE as “Savanna view” room only reservation

Just an update, my affected reservation (value studio) is now showing in MDE as “Savanna view” room only reservation
Did you get a phone call letting you know this was happening? So stressed about my 9/26 - 9/30 reservations!!!

Figured I’d jump on here. I booked a jambo value room for my daughter for nov 9th, just now I was on my dashboard and it doesn’t say booked next to it. It was red writing saying it can’t load my travel plans for that reservation. Is this something I should look into? I booked it in case she has to come in early for her trip. She’s at Bwv starting the 10th for 5 nights. She really wouldn’t care as long as they have a place to sleep, but availablity is slim for November

Figured I’d jump on here. I booked a jambo value room for my daughter for nov 9th, just now I was on my dashboard and it doesn’t say booked next to it. It was red writing saying it can’t load my travel plans for that reservation. Is this something I should look into? I booked it in case she has to come in early for her trip. She’s at Bwv starting the 10th for 5 nights. She really wouldn’t care as long as they have a place to sleep, but availablity is slim for November
Yes I was just posting this in the official AKL thread as well! I have the same thing for our upcoming Jambo reservations and it’s not just for august it’s all of them

I was just coming on here to ask about that. We have a Savannah view studio booked for November 5th, and it’s not showing up properly under my account. I was wondering if it was something I should call about or just another glitch.
I’m annoyed, because I’ve been trying to modify that reservation, but I can’t even do that now, and if the room I want shows up, I won’t be able to book it since I have no points left, and can’t borrow online because of the resale borrowing glitch.

I have a split stay between BWV & Jambo in January. I can't access either reservation. BWV dates are there but it does not say Reserved and there is no View/Modify button.

My Jambo standard view has the red writing. I also have a waitlist for my Jambo nights to try for a value studio. The waitlist does have the View/Modify button.

Since my Boardwalk reservation is affected as well I'm wondering if it's a system wide thing.

I have a stay at Riviera in Nov 2021 that is not affected.

I was just coming on here to ask about that. We have a Savannah view studio booked for November 5th, and it’s not showing up properly under my account. I was wondering if it was something I should call about or just another glitch.
I’m annoyed, because I’ve been trying to modify that reservation, but I can’t even do that now, and if the room I want shows up, I won’t be able to book it since I have no points left, and can’t borrow online because of the resale borrowing glitch.

I know you can’t do anything right. I should let my daughter know she might get called

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter