Booking online through Costco (general public)

blueskymom

Earning My Ears
We’re first timers, so can’t book until tomorrow for Summer 2024. We have a Costco Executive membership and I see that you can book online with Costco (including seeing, I think, live availability). Has anyone tried this on opening day (general public)? Any tips? I know I can also book through Disney and transfer to Costco, but hoping to keep things as simple as possible for myself. But if it’s full of bugs then I won’t waste my time. I’d love to hear your experience with Costco online.

We’re first timers, so can’t book until tomorrow for Summer 2024. We have a Costco Executive membership and I see that you can book online with Costco (including seeing, I think, live availability). Has anyone tried this on opening day (general public)? Any tips? I know I can also book through Disney and transfer to Costco, but hoping to keep things as simple as possible for myself. But if it’s full of bugs then I won’t waste my time. I’d love to hear your experience with Costco online.
I've booked with Costco many times, but for opening day, you'll wait hours on the phone. They are not what I'd call a "full service" travel agency. You wait while they wait for DCL to pick up and then process the order. If it were me, I'd book direct with disney online, and then transfer to costco within the 30 days when it's not so hectic.

Edit: Wait...you were going to book with costco online. No experience there. I always call :(

I don't know the answer to your question but here's a suggestion if you encounter trouble. Go ahead and book directly through DCL. Then contact Costco to transfer your reservation to them and you'll get all the Costco benefits as if you'd booked directly w/ them in the first place. Just be sure and start the transfer right away- you have 30 days to do it but Costco can be slow. Be sure to stay on top of it until you get confirmation the transfer is complete.

I’ve booked opening day via Costco as well as directly through Disney and then transferred to Costco . Occasionally Costco’s website doesn’t show all the rooms that are available on Disney’s website so you can either call Costco and they’ll call Disney or book directly with Disney and you can easily transfer it within 30 days.

I have booked Disney cruises online thru Costco travel many times. Never had an issue. Not on opening day though.

Regular opening day will be available online.

There is sometimes a difference between the staterooms Costco shows and the ones you can see on DCL. Neither offers an option to put in a stateroom number to check for availability, so you have to choose from what is offered. If after booking, you see a stateroom you would like more, Costco can make that switch either directly or by calling Disney.

Never had an issue booking directly with Costco online. Why bother with an extra step if you don't have to? Unless you're dead set on one stateroom choice in particular, I would try their website first. Go through all the steps until you get to check out on a cruise already available to familiarize yourself with the website, if you're anxious about it, or call when they first open.

Do you already have a cruise and room location in mind?

Thanks, all! I ended up booking through Disney. Costco was just a little too clunky and with Disney I could enter in all our pax info ahead of time. It made for a smoother booking process. I got one of our top choices and of course am second-guessing my cabin choice, but all in all, very happy and excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter