Booking Disney hotels through Travelocity?

Booked through Travelocity. I was not able to book online successfully. Called Disney and they told me I would have to do in person check in :(

If I want to request a room now can I call Pop?

:)
rocksinriots

Booked through Travelocity. I was not able to book online successfully. Called Disney and they told me I would have to do in person check in :(

If I want to request a room now can I call Pop?

:)
rocksinriots

I just went through this (complicated) process as well. At the ten-day mark, I was not able to complete online check-in with any of the numbers on my ME tags or my travelocity confirmation number. I called Travelocity and asked for the Disney reservation #. They put me on hold, called Disney and obtained the number. From there, I was able to do online check-in by going to mydisneyreservation.com and clicking on "Through a group or convention".

When I called Disney reservations to make a room request, they were not able to find my reservation with the number that Travelocity obtained for me. This was at the 9 day mark.

On day 6, I called Disney again. I explained my situation to the CM, they gave me the direct line (not really direct, but close) to my resort. The CM there was able to look up my reservation by name and I was able to add the room requests and note our celebration on the reservation.

I check in tomorrow and will share our success once we check-in. I am now feeling much better and confident that we will have a great trip (at a great price thanks to the discounted Travelocity rate)!

I hope this info helps you!

Emails for your entertainment...

I booked my Disney vacation with Travelocity because you have a reputation for great customer service. I have been let down. There is a link for online check in on your own website at the following link (bottom of page)...
http://leisure.travelocity.com/Promotions/0,,TRAVELOCITY|658|vacs_main,00.html
NOBODY with a Travelocity trip ID can do online check in. This requires a specific Disney reservation number. I tried calling customer service and the man who was helping me tried but failed to obtain the correct information for me.

It should be stated that online check in is not available to guests booking via Travelocity. The alternate solution would be to email Disney guests who have booked via Travelocity their actual Disney reservation number.

I will go ahead and check in at the desk and forgo the online check in but you have let me down.

----------------------------

Thank you for writing to Travelocity.

Trip Id : #
Destination : Orlando International, FL
Date of Travel : 20 Sep 2011
Walt Disney World - Confirmation #: #########

We sincerely apologize as our customer service representative could not assist you when you contacted them. We can certainly understand your disappointment. Please refer to the Walt Disney World confirmation number mentioned above. Your arrival to your Walt Disney World® Resort hotel by providing your check-in information on-line (10 days or less prior to your arrival). Once you have completed the on-line check-in, all you'll need to do is show your photo ID at the Hotel's Online Check-in Service location and receive your Key to the World card!

We hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,
Andrew T
Travelocity Customer Care
---------------------------------------

Hello Andrew T,

The previous customer service rep provided me with the same number you just did. It does not work whatsoever. I will attach a screen capture so you can see for yourself. My problem with this matter is not that I cannot check in online but the fact that your website falsely promises that I can. I already spoke with Disney today and was very satisfied with their level of service on this matter. The same cannot be said for my correspondence with Travelocity.

Upon searching the internet I found that this is not the first time guests have had a problem with online check in when booking with Travelocity. From one business person to another It is always best to under-promise and over-deliver.
---------------------------------------

:):):):):):):):):):):)

So anyway as my email states Disboard friends I spoke with Disney today and they apologized for my troubles. The two people I spoke with today were the nicest customer service reps I have ever had the pleasure of speaking with. They added my anniversary celebration and my room requests to my reservation. I told the second woman I spoke with that I would hug her through the phone if I could. They both wished me a magical day! I love that!
I'm going to just check in at the check in counter and leave it at that.

I'm only 1 week away!
-rocksinriots

I was just searching Travelocity for cheap hotels for our weekend Disney getaway and Pop came up as an option...for a great price....My question is, has anyone ever booked a Disney hotel through Travelocity? If so, did you have any problems when checking in, etc? Thanks!

Have tried several thru the years and several travel agencies and still like booking thru Disney direct or on line as if a promotion going on like now is free dining with rack rate. To me is one less hassle to go thru Disney direct. Pop is a fun resort but is very themed but we can stay at non themed other times so we like themed resorts when at WDW.:dance3:

also if you just book room can pay one nitght when book if you take a package need to do the same but pay 45 days in full before arrival.:banana:

Have not had any problem with Travelocity - yet. Booked our room only reservation for Sep 4 through them and was able to do on-line check-in at 60 days and make any special room requests. Received my Magic Express luggage tags right on schedule and received my Magic Band yesterday. Have another room only reservation for November which was also booked through Travelocity. The reservation showed up automatically on MDE and received confirmation from Magic Express by e-mail two days after making the reservation.

Have not had any problem with Travelocity - yet. Booked our room only reservation for Sep 4 through them and was able to do on-line check-in at 60 days and make any special room requests. Received my Magic Express luggage tags right on schedule and received my Magic Band yesterday. Have another room only reservation for November which was also booked through Travelocity. The reservation showed up automatically on MDE and received confirmation from Magic Express by e-mail two days after making the reservation.

I bought my hotel and tickets right now on Travelocity. I was able to link my resort but its not letting me link my tickets.

What number are you putting in on MDE? It only shows my Disney reservations, not my Travelocity?

I put the hotel confirmation room # for the hotel. That worked.

Then I put the Will Call confirmation number underneath my ticket voucher barcode.. I called Disney and they said it should work. I don't get it.

Have not had any problem with Travelocity - yet. Booked our room only reservation for Sep 4 through them and was able to do on-line check-in at 60 days and make any special room requests. Received my Magic Express luggage tags right on schedule and received my Magic Band yesterday. Have another room only reservation for November which was also booked through Travelocity. The reservation showed up automatically on MDE and received confirmation from Magic Express by e-mail two days after making the reservation.[/Q

We are booked through Travelocity for Sept as well. How do you check in on line, I can't seem to figure it out. I called Disney and was told I can't do anything until 10 days prior to arriving since I booked with Travelocity. I wanted to make a room request also. Thanks.

Really? We can get the magic bands/FP + through Travelocity? I thought that was only for packages booked through Disney? I did get my travelocity hotel only ressie linked on MDE, but how do I do the rest?

Really? We can get the magic bands/FP + through Travelocity? I thought that was only for packages booked through Disney? I did get my travelocity hotel only ressie linked on MDE, but how do I do the rest?

Yeah, I booked through another on-line service via my credit card and got the magic bands for the June test period.

Create your account on MDE if you haven't already and then link your reservations. You'll need the Disney confirmation number to do the link (14 characters if I remember correctly) which may NOT be the confirmation number you got from the travel site. If you don't have the Disney confirmation number you'll have to call the travel-site customer service to get it (I had to).

Once your reservations are linked and you're confirmed to be booked at the resorts running the test program you'll have an option on your MDE home page to order the magic bands on the right hand side-bar (under link reservations).

Good Luck! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Will one and two-year-old have magic bands too?

That I couldn't tell ya for sure.

I think I've read elsewhere on the forum that everybody (including one and two year olds) can get them but they don't have to wear them. (Basically whomever gets listed on your room resservation/has a ticket will get one but I don't know the specifics)

Arsenal1982 said:
I put the hotel confirmation room # for the hotel. That worked.

Then I put the Will Call confirmation number underneath my ticket voucher barcode.. I called Disney and they said it should work. I don't get it.

I'm surprised Disney said it would work. I had tickets through Travelocity and a split stay booked. Had to cancel the tickets because they were attached to the second half of my stay and couldn't be used at check-in.
Prior to cancelling, I tried to add them to MDE.
My understanding is the vouchers from Travelocity are not in Disney's system until 2 or 3 days before their use date.

I'm surprised Disney said it would work. I had tickets through Travelocity and a split stay booked. Had to cancel the tickets because they were attached to the second half of my stay and couldn't be used at check-in.
My understanding is the vouchers from Travelocity are not in Disney's system until 2 or 3 days before their use date.

Travelocity let you cancel the tickets? I thought those were non-refundable?

I made a room-only reservation through Travelocity for October & haven't had any problems at all. I was able to pull up my reservation on MDE & I received my Magical Express envelope last week. Between the Disney discount, an additional Travelocity discount, & Ebates, I saved a ton of money! :thumbsup2

Shelli

Arsenal1982 said:
Travelocity let you cancel the tickets? I thought those were non-refundable?

Long story, but I was offered a refund when they couldn't guarantee me that Disney would issue me the tickets prior to the date on the voucher (which would have been day#3 of our vacation). During all the back and forth, I found a pop-up page that said I had till Sept to cancel the type of tickets I had purchased. Apparently, it is different for every date and type of ticket booked.

Many Disboard members stated they had no problem under circumstances similar to mine but Travelocity and Disney refused to put it in an email that the tickets would be usable. Squeeky wheel I guess. Still waiting for refund to hit my account. Won't consider it resolved until then.

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get it to work closer to their vacation. I assume Travelocity does this to prevent fraud (so the tickets can't be picked up before you're actually on vacation). I'd be really interested to find out exactly how far out we'll be able to link the tickets...and hopefully do a little Fastpass+ planning.

Maybe someone here has a vacation coming up soon that was booked through Travelocity and will be able to fill the rest of us in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter