Bobby, Dobby, and a whole lotta lobby - a Scotland Tour (UPDATED 12/9)

The final stage of planning, and the last member of the team.

So. Scotland is on. We quickly picked out a few "must do's" primarily based around this guy

301386_full1.jpg
We wanted hotels with pools to soak up some kids time, we wanted to do Edinburgh, and some of the Isle of Skye. We wanted to see some natural wonderment, and obviously try some of the local delicacies that Scotland has to offer.

Now. The Lady Katharine is a wonder and a joy, but is an absolute shocker for calling an audible halfway through a pre-planned trip. Believe me, her on instagram looking is like watching Tom Brady inside the 2 minute warning.
So I always book hotels directly, with a 24 hour before we stay notice period. I think our current record stood at 11:20PM and the charging date was midnight, because she fancied a Spa treatment. I kid you not.

So after a bit of You tubing and a bit of Tripadvisoring, these were our runners and riders at the starting line up.

But, on our wall its the right way up.

So a quick run through the form.

Leeds - A City in the North of England (Yorkshire, to be specific) about halfway up to Scotland. My young cousin lives there, with his good lady wife and their new baby. The baby was born in Lockdown, so due to restrictions we couldn't see her, so we thought it would be nice to pop in and spend a day with some family. More on that later.

Peebles - A "border" town in the very south of Scotland, where we could see such delights as Hadrians Wall, the border country and a couple of the northern most beaches.

Edinburgh - Capital of Scotland and the official birthplace of Harry Potter.

Fort William - Over on the West Coast, just under Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the UK. Also has a "Jacobite Train"

Isle of Skye - One of the crown jewels of Scotland we were told, an area of stunning beauty and peace. So we could always have a bash at ruining that.

Fife - The East Coast, just above Edinburgh, a bit more coves and beaches.

Liverpool - Home to some band and a cheating football club.

The inevitable planning that Disney has instilled into us kicked in. Candy was ordered by the Kilo. A multitude of layers for the changeable weather. Downloads to tablets, battery packs, booking some activities. The whole 8.2996 metres. And then a once over for......

The final member of the team.

We'd like you to meet Venelope, named thus by Arabella. Our third Jeep, after Jemima Jeep, and Kiki the Cherokee. A rugged, all terrain vehicle that is more than capable of handling all that the treacherous journey between our house and the Shopping mall can throw at her. Occasionally she even gets driven through a puddle.

So, that (finally) is how we got to Blast off.

Attachments

• 8A19EB54-F581-449C-A028-F685F365DEC0.jpeg
    8A19EB54-F581-449C-A028-F685F365DEC0.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 0
So. Scotland is on. We quickly picked out a few "must do's" primarily based around this guy

301386_full1.jpg

Daniel Radcliffe? I don't know much about him, to be honest.

Now. The Lady Katharine is a wonder and a joy, but is an absolute shocker for calling an audible halfway through a pre-planned trip. Believe me, her on instagram looking is like watching Tom Brady inside the 2 minute warning.
So I always book hotels directly, with a 24 hour before we stay notice period. I think our current record stood at 11:20PM and the charging date was midnight, because she fancied a Spa treatment. I kid you not.

How many years has this taken off your life?

Liverpool - Home to some band and a cheating football club.

I thought the Patriots played near Boston.

We'd like you to meet Venelope, named thus by Arabella. Our third Jeep, after Jemima Jeep, and Kiki the Cherokee. A rugged, all terrain vehicle that is more than capable of handling all that the treacherous journey between our house and the Shopping mall can throw at her. Occasionally she even gets driven through a puddle.

The latest from Q branch, I imagine. Are there machine guns behind the headlights?

Only just noticed this in your siggie.
Be back to read when I have a few more moments to spare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter