BoardWalk Transportation

candizfan

DIS Veteran
Hi there. Me and my family are staying at the BoardWalk Villas for the first time and are worried about the bus system and transportation options at the resort itself. Do the buses go to every park or just a select few? Is there a boat or tram? And what parks can you walk to? We are having trouble finding more information online, any input or feedback would be helpful.

Buses are only for DS, MK and AK
You can boat to Epcot or HS
It's much quicker to walk to both
Epcot is VERY close, like 2 min walk
HS is about .5 miles

Can you enter through The World showcase before the area open or is there a walkway to the front?

Can you enter through The World showcase before the area open or is there a walkway to the front?
Yes, you can enter through the World Showcase called the International Gateway entrance and walk to the front of the park in the morning. You are also able to visit France for breakfast at the counter service restaurant.

Sounds great. Thanks. Are there other things open or can you walk around? I’m not sure if they’ll have it roped off?

Sounds great. Thanks. Are there other things open or can you walk around? I’m not sure if they’ll have it roped off?

At park opening, the only areas open in World Showcase are the counter service in France for breakfast and Norway is open to ride Frozen -- all the other countries are closed. It is an easy walk to the front of the park for Soarin' and Spaceship Earth, etc. International Gateway is a great entrance with quick security before park opening - you will wait near on the walkway near England with other guests before rope drop. I really do not think it is a disadvantage to enter at IG as opposed to the Future World main entrance to get on attractions.

That is good to hear. So we can ride frozen once the front of the park opens? That might be worth staying at a Boardwalk on its own!

That is good to hear. So we can ride frozen once the front of the park opens? That might be worth staying at a Boardwalk on its own!

Yes but there's not really an advantage by entering from IG. You will arrive just about at the same time the people from the front of the park arrive.

You can but you can't get to Norway from the IG by going through the WS. There are ropes up at France so you have to go through UK, Canada and then across the plaza and through Mexico and then to Norway. By the time you reach the Plaza area, you'll meet up with the folks who enter the front gate.

Candizfan -
If you like Epcot and Hollywood a lot, you won't stay anywhere else besides an Epcot Area resort again. You should at least consider getting Hopper tickets if you don't already have them. Hopping to and from Epcot or Hollywood will only be a max of about 20 minutes. All of the Epcot Area Resorts are connected by walking paths, and they are only a few minutes walk away from each other. All of them are fair games for restaurants for you to walk to - along with the World Showcase. You can easily walk to TWO parks, or take the Friendship boats (or a combination of both.) Epcot's international Gateway entrance is super relaxed, and an easy walk. If you are out late at AK or MK, you can take a bus to any of the other EP area resorts instead of possibly waiting longer for a BW bus, since you can walk from any of the EP area resorts to BW in only a few min.

After the mass exodus of Illumiations, or Fantasmic, or SW Fireworks, you can walk back to your room before most ppl can get to a bus stop or their car.

There is a Rope between France and Morocco and between Norway and China until 11:00 AM.:)

If you have any Belle fans,be at the France/Morocco rope at 11:00 AM and you can probably be her first Guests of the day-she meets to the left just past the rope and will come out at 11:00 AM.:)

9328730345_4567a101a2_c.jpg

14008555737_010dd3faa5_c.jpg

Candizfan -
If you like Epcot and Hollywood a lot, you won't stay anywhere else besides an Epcot Area resort again. You should at least consider getting Hopper tickets if you don't already have them. Hopping to and from Epcot or Hollywood will only be a max of about 20 minutes. All of the Epcot Area Resorts are connected by walking paths, and they are only a few minutes walk away from each other. All of them are fair games for restaurants for you to walk to - along with the World Showcase. You can easily walk to TWO parks, or take the Friendship boats (or a combination of both.) Epcot's international Gateway entrance is super relaxed, and an easy walk. If you are out late at AK or MK, you can take a bus to any of the other EP area resorts instead of possibly waiting longer for a BW bus, since you can walk from any of the EP area resorts to BW in only a few min.

After the mass exodus of Illumiations, or Fantasmic, or SW Fireworks, you can walk back to your room before most ppl can get to a bus stop or their car.

It's a nice thought, but too expensive for many of us! We rented points and stayed at the Boardwalk for our 30th anniversary, but that was a special occasion. That is the only way I would stay there again; I can't justify paying that much for a room even though we love the area.

It's a nice thought, but too expensive for many of us! We rented points and stayed at the Boardwalk for our 30th anniversary, but that was a special occasion. That is the only way I would stay there again; I can't justify paying that much for a room even though we love the area.

Swolphin + Costco FTW!
I love the fact that so many people seem to undervalue Swolphin for some reason. My first 5 night stay there was about 300.00 more than a Value. I was assuming Swolphin was some broken down Motel 6 on the side of a busy road or something.

Errrr. I mean...Yeah, you're right. Beach Club/Yacht Club and Boardwalk are the only Epcot Area hotels. Swan/Dolphin isn't Disney owned, so it's no good. Plus, no Magical Express or dining plan, ugh. Who would stay there!

Errrr. I mean...Yeah, you're right. Beach Club/Yacht Club and Boardwalk are the only Epcot Area hotels. Swan/Dolphin isn't Disney owned, so it's no good. Plus, no Magical Express or dining plan, ugh. Who would stay there!

Correct about DME but we're not fans of dining plans so we've enjoyed S/D several times. In fact, Dolphin was our first Epcot Area resort stay which got us hooked on that location. We've since 'graduated' to Board Walk on rented DVC points but we'd go back to either S/D if the price was right. As it is we get a Garden View at BW for less than a Moderate.

Bill From PA

Thanks for the help! I’m glad we own DVC in case we want to stay there again. I had no idea we could ride before the area opens. It will be fun I’m sure.

I can’t even get from my room to the outside of BW in that time. And can’t get from Epcot to BW in that time during rundisney events lol.
I was timing from the The Green area to the IG, rather than the room, since that can very greatly. I never give anyone a walk time from rooms since where one room is can double the time compared to where another room is. I feel all times should be based on something constant like the Lobby or entrance
2 min from there is standard for this super slow walker. I figure if I can do it in 2 min, anyone can. No one walks slower than me, even a 1 year old just learning to walk, LOL

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter